HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2021, 07:27 AM   #21
Frank Beasley

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Pro Stock diving trunks ,…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
I vote for putting Jason Line back in a car for Pomona and let him qualify at 177mph opposite an Elite car for 1st round.
Everyone not in the hunt with KB power needs to lay back the same way. This could be the slowest qualifying field ever
Frank Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-02-2021, 07:28 AM   #22
Stan Weiss

Liked 556 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
You have posted the points for the pro bike battle.

I can explain why Eddie did that, Angelle was 25 points behind the points leader, he was 111 behind the leader. There is 86 reasons.

Thank you. Yes I was looking at the wrong list.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:06 AM   #23
Rich67stang

Liked 107 Times in 22 Posts

This also happens in the sportsman classes as well. Having a team car not show up, red light or shut off is the same as buying the round. Next season I should carry $20k to every event and buy rounds as needed to win a championship. No integrity in this sport, I have lost interest over the years for sure.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:37 AM   #24
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub464Q View Post
Just because it has been happening, does not mean that we do not care for that activity. I certainly understand the business side of it, but this is not good for the integrity of our sport, regardless of the category.

As someone mentioned, I think the ladder game is all fair....what is not fair is the amount of BS the elite team gave Greg for doing it in Pomona 2 years ago. Yet, to employ the same strategy themselves, they believe they are geniuses....it doesnt work that way.

Let's also remember that the KB racing team had a prime opportunity in 2017 when Greg Anderson raced Bo Butner in the semis to have "Team Orders" and Bo ended up the champ.
Austin,
Personally I think it sucks. We go to a drag race to race and that's what people want to see 2 or 4 cars go down a drag strip side by side but, until someone put their foot down and says this needs to stop it will keep on going. It's just ashame it has come down to that, it's like Jerry Jones buying the Giants and telling them they need to lose both times they play the Cowboys so the Cowboys get a playoff spot...it just stinks.

Congrats on another good season also Austin, love the Dale Suit!
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #25
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Austin,
Personally I think it sucks. We go to a drag race to race and that's what people want to see 2 or 4 cars go down a drag strip side by side but, until someone put their foot down and says this needs to stop it will keep on going. It's just ashame it has come down to that, it's like Jerry Jones buying the Giants and telling them they need to lose both times they play the Cowboys so the Cowboys get a playoff spot...it just stinks.

Congrats on another good season also Austin, love the Dale Suit!
The ladder games are fair and well thought out, GAME ON! Diving so your team wins is bs and im sure if you asked most PS teams they would think that as well.

I also thought it was pretty ballsy for a member of the Jegs family to basically say on tv we will do what it takes to win. Can you call Jegs and ask for the "dive racing package" and then for Erica to get all excited when the announcer asked her if there are orders and she said absolutely not. Really mmmm ok

I wonder if Elite paid for everyones weekend rental who took a dive because i dont know about you but renting a car for the weekend at $100k i am not diving for anyone unless you are paying my bills!

Lets hope Greg kicks some ***!!!!

Last edited by AC; 11-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #26
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,944 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
No integrity in this sport
And your point is? Integrity leaves ANY sport when big money can buy it's way in.

I'm so glad that I'm just a poor, dumb "little guy".

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:51 AM   #27
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
And your point is? Integrity leaves ANY sport when big money can buy it's way in.

I'm so glad that I'm just a poor, dumb "little guy".
i would say the money would help the team if they won but those nhra purses couldnt help anyone.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #28
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Speaking of points shaving. How would you like to be the guy betting on these races and have this stuff going on.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #29
RNNChrisbarnes

Liked 187 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Crazy thing, it's been happening for years....this just happens to be the latest news that has everyone talking and saying how they don't think it's fair....funny how nobody mentioned how Eddie K. lost "oil pressure" against Angelle 2nd round of PSB to give her a bye-run. I see it happen all the time when team cars are involved in the sportsman ranks, boss man is in the hunt for a win or championship and ladders work out that they run the "team car" in the semis or finals and it turns into a bye run for the main car. Just how things work out and why you invest in a 2nd car for times like that. It is what it is....
I seem to remember that happening in Comp a few years ago. The driver went 200 something red.. And gave the win to his car owner/boss/sponsor.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:51 AM   #30
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
This also happens in the sportsman classes as well. Having a team car not show up, red light or shut off is the same as buying the round. Next season I should carry $20k to every event and buy rounds as needed to win a championship. No integrity in this sport, I have lost interest over the years for sure.
I guess that answers the question of why a .9 under comp car was put up for sale lol!