HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 AM   #31
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Newbie Building a Ford Maverick

Dale I set the deck dead on. you can play with head gasket to get that right. as for cranks don't forget it's + or - .015 most everyone goes + .012 now for pistons make sure you use a floating pin piston...little motor with low Hp needs to get rid of all the friction it can....I know ran a 230 6cyl for years (dad still dose) & set 5 IHRA records with it. I now have a P/SA 307 cutlass that can run 12.60's on these low Hp engines frictions kills! oh & don't forget dry film coated bearings.....friction.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #32
racerdale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Dale!!!! Wow this is a surprise! I did'nt know you were going to give Stock Eliminator a try. You should 've come up in the tower and told me. Best of luck with your project. I will deffinately see you at the Bremerton banquet next month,, I have a couple awards to hand out to some deserving racers.
Rory,,,,,, thanks for the info on the former Waldo car. I wonder if Brian will run it as a C car, or try another combo in it. I guess time will tell.
See ya guys later,,,,,,,, Danny Durham
Danny,
I have wanted to build a stock eliminator for years but as you know my wife was seriously ill for the past few years. That put my racing on hold. I only had the Pinto out 4 or 5 times this year and it broke every time. Never got it fixed to make a full race except for last race and it got rained out. I picked up this old Maverick a while back and was going to turn it into a street hot rod but after I saw Brians Comet I said that could work for me. So here I go. I may have it ready for track testing by May. See you at the banquet.
Dale
racerdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #33
racerdale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg fulk View Post
Dale I set the deck dead on. you can play with head gasket to get that right. as for cranks don't forget it's + or - .015 most everyone goes + .012 now for pistons make sure you use a floating pin piston...little motor with low Hp needs to get rid of all the friction it can....I know ran a 230 6cyl for years (dad still dose) & set 5 IHRA records with it. I now have a P/SA 307 cutlass that can run 12.60's on these low Hp engines frictions kills! oh & don't forget dry film coated bearings.....friction.
Hey Greg,
Thanks for the tips I will put that information to good use.

Thanks
Dale
racerdale is offline   Reply With Quote