Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #31
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts
Default Re: LODRS at National Events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
James and Mike, I agree with running class at a divisional BUT only if they did is as an addition to class at the national. I feel like once they replaced class run at the Gators it may never come back. Replacing the performance aspect of the class with a bracket race at a national event isn't for me.
I am not sure if you are aware but class at the Baby gators is the class run off for the Gatornational event they just do it the week before. You get national event class trophy. The baby gators and the Big Gators just mulls together into one big long event. Lots stay and race both events if they have enough grade points to enter the national . Running class at the Baby gators gets more cars and less classes in the combo. I think the ship has sailed for class being run at the Big gators any more. They did away with that at the 50th anniversary race several years ago to make room for super street and possibly TS and TD.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #32
jamie2370

Liked 238 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULER View Post
Yet Indy gets 160 and Seattle gets 45 so that doesn’t hold water either Vega should get what Indy gets
INDY is a special race....always has been. It is null and void of quotas. No way to have class at a National with a quota of 63 or less. Too many cars in the combo or a 2 car race for the trophy. I like the idea of Class at the div races. Can't beat your chest that you won class if its only 2 cars....just saying.
jamie2370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #33
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 473 Times in 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
The race would not work without sportsman .The pits would look bare Remember there are only 60 to 70 pros
Don, do some quick math for us....how would insurance go down on sportsman races compared to "National" type races?
Old 11-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #34
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,958 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I am not sure if you are aware but class at the Baby gators is the class run off for the Gatornational event they just do it the week before. You get national event class trophy. The baby gators and the Big Gators just mulls together into one big long event. Lots stay and race both events if they have enough grade points to enter the national . Running class at the Baby gators gets more cars and less classes in the combo. I think the ship has sailed for class being run at the Big gators any more. They did away with that at the 50th anniversary race several years ago to make room for super street and possibly TS and TD.
Yes sir, and I believe they should run the performance end of a performance based class at the national event as well. Just my opinion.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #35
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 804 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Don, do some quick math for us....how would insurance go down on sportsman races compared to "National" type races?
A bunch the type of fuel is one issue that causes the increase in insurance plus types of cars .plus I suspect if a company puts out a request to bid the cost may go down