HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #31
Paul Merolla

Liked 232 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: Project update

I don't have pics, but I'll try and take some this weekend of the assembled engine. I ended up using steel shim head gaskets from Mr. Gasket...I also learned the hard way that ALL Milodon pans use the later model "thick" front seal. I put it together the first time with the 1-pc. blue oil pan gasket (best invention in gaskets) that had the thin front section. Then I noticed that I could still see inside the pan after it was all torqued down! Good thing I saw it...that would've been a mess. Anyhow, next up is water pump, distributor, carburetor and etc. In the next couple weeks I'm planning on buying a repop passenger door and heading down to help out with sanding. Progress! Anyone looking to throw out the following items, contact me before heading to the dumpster: Quicktime bell w/ window, Long shifter, Advanced clutch, 66 Nova headlight bezels, SS rocker mouldings, SS decklid moulding, fast Quadrajet, and, and, and...
Paul Merolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #32
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

Where is the car at?
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
Paul Merolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
Where is the car at?
It's at my buddy Wayne's house / shop in Macon, MO....home of Val Hedworth, former home of Chuck Norton!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Project update

Great project Paul,,,,makes me miss my 66 I had 30 years ago,,,,maybe I should look for another one. You mentioned in your original post "other boards I frequent" where car builds are shown. If you don't mind,,what sites would those be? I'm sure lots of us would like to check them out. Thanks for any info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #35
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Great project Paul,,,,makes me miss my 66 I had 30 years ago,,,,maybe I should look for another one. You mentioned in your original post "other boards I frequent" where car builds are shown. If you don't mind,,what sites would those be? I'm sure lots of us would like to check them out. Thanks for any info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Danny Durham

Lots of projects/builds at www.camaros.net , if you go there just click on the 'forums' button and then go into the body shop forum....there are 4-5 complete builds going on there now of first generation camaros.

Chevelles.com is another site with builds.
Michael Kilduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #36
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks Michael,,,,,,,,,,,I appreciate the tip.
Danny Durham
Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #37
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Michael,,,,,,,,,,,I appreciate the tip.
Danny Durham

You're welcome Danny. If you go into the Body Shop forum at Team Camaro (camaros.net) and do a thread search going back about 75 days you will find about 5 current builds going on.

Here is mine, a '68 RS that I cut apart to rebuild it into an RS/SS street/strip car. It has been a pile of work, and I still have a long way to go. Once I get this one done in the spring or early summer I will get my project SSer (69 camaro) under way and then I have a '69 X-55 (SS-350 4 speed AC Hugger orange) project lined up. Most of the metal work is complete on both the '69s, I will probably post them at TC as well.

BTW-you can search around on the main page at Team Camaro and you will find 'sister' sites for chevelles, novas, and other Chevrolet muscle car forums.

The '68 street/strip build-

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164396
Michael Kilduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #38
Paul Merolla

Quote:
Michael suggested some good ones, but I was referring to www.landracing.com and www.jalopyjournal.com/forum
Old 02-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #39
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Project update

Thanks also, Paul. I've been to jalopyjournal before,,,theres a lot of stuff on there, not to mention a crazy photo thread. You could spend all day on that one. Take care and good luck on your project,,I know you'll keep us updated as time goes along.
Danny Durham
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #40
Paul Merolla

Just a little new progress to report this time...last weekend I went to Macon and helped with the car a bit. I scuffed the dash and other interior sheet metal so it can be primed. Then I hit the rollbar with some 150 to remove the surface rust and mill scale, and shot a coat of etching primer on it. Meanwhile, Wayne worked on the passenger side quarter, which is just about ready for primer. In the pics it looks like a ton of filler, but it's mainly a skim coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 010.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	2652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	2653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	417