Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #31
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contingency Sponsers for Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
CSR may be on there but they don't pay anyway.
I do not see how they get listed each year when they don't pay the racer anyway.
Still waiting on my payment from CSR for a starter and water pump!
No More Purchases From Me!
CSR's stuff is beautifully made, but as a company... what a mess. Called to ask for a certain catch can. You could practically hear her rummaging around in the back room...

"Hmmm... gee, no, I don't think we have... wait... no... hmmm... nope, don't think so."
"Can I order one?"
"Oh! Order one? Ummm... no, I don't think so."

Fortunately Summit had one in their basement...
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #32
63corvette

Liked 299 Times in 91 Posts

CSR beautifully made. I don't think so.
My water pump lasted about 6 months and the motor just quit during a run.
Lucky I was at a national event and was able to buy a replacement motor.
Next time I will buy a competitors pump since CSR does not even pay their own dealers who race.
No More CSR for me.
Rick Cates
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #33
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought a Meziere water pump instead of the CSR (because they would actually ship it) and I love it. Works well, and pretty too.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
CSR beautifully made. I don't think so.
My water pump lasted about 6 months and the motor just quit during a run.
Lucky I was at a national event and was able to buy a replacement motor.
Next time I will buy a competitors pump since CSR does not even pay their own dealers who race.
No More CSR for me.
Rick Cates
Been running CSR for years, have always kept a spare motor in trailer for yrs because I have always needed on at the worst time.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #35
Bob Cireddu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BB you are right. I just sent an email to Dart for what I thought was going above and beyond.

In case the rest of you don't know about this I will fill you in. I was fortunate enough to win T/D at Summit Motorsports Parks Div race. When I go through contingency is that Dart only pays for one product (heads?) and I have decals on for block and intake as well but hey they posted for heads and I have a decal I will take the money. I get a check from them a few weeks later and all is great. A couple of months later I manage to win the LODRS race at Bowling Green and claim my one Dart product. A couple of weeks later I get the check, but there is also a note that says "you can claim more contingency by going to www.dartcontingency.com". So I log on to their site and fill out the form for both Norwalk and BG for my block and intake and two weeks later I get a check for both products for both races! How's that?! Not only did they pay me promptly, they told me how to get more money and it was simple. I'm still amazed by that.

Maybe some complanies see it as a gift card they hope never gets redeemed, but I'm not cynical enough to think all of them or most of them do. Certainly not Dart.

I'm also with BB on getting paid. I don't win all the time, but I got paid by every sponsor but one in the last 3 years in both IHRA and NHRA. The one didn't pay went out of business. I have never called a single sponsor to hound them for a check. I don't mind waiting for them, as long as they come.

Carry on....

Bob
Bob Cireddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #36
MOVEMAN

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Talking Re: Contingency Sponsers for Lucas Oil Series

Attn: Gary, JJ, & The Real Asta Just got back from the Bikini State! SHE PAID and I think she did like it!
Thanks to FED & Jim for address info! GPS took me right to the check(I mean door)!
Steve & Barney: She got a real big "Thank-You!"
Just wish I had my list cause CSR is down there too and they are are on it!
What the hell is with this 20+/- degree crap? I'm going back down! In a couple weeks(lol)
HI FRANKIE HOW YOOO DOOOOOIN ???
MOVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #37
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whats up Rich, hopefully i will be back out this year.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #38
MOVEMAN

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Wink Re: Contingency Sponsers for Lucas Oil Series

Hey Frank (Not The Tank Anymore)
E told me the stang is about done! He was supposed to send me pics that you must have sent him! I heard she's sweet ! PM me them or to to rprice605@comcast.net
I'd love to see them! Going to pickup Beretta motor at machine shop this morning! Got to get er done! Hope to see you soon!
Moveman
S/C 13
S/G 1490
"CREATING CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE"
MOVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #39
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEMAN View Post
AJust got back from the Bikini State! SHE PAID and I think she did like it!
Thanks to FED & Jim for address info! GPS took me right to the check(I mean door)!
So, that's what you have to do to get paid from JW? Actually show up at their front door?

Call me a cynic, but I see this as a business proposition. I agree to buy their product, and provide advertising for them by placing their decal on my car. IF I win or R/U (and that's an awfully big 'IF'), they agree to pay me for purchasing their product, and displaying their decal on my car.

Will I thank them for their check when they send it? Maybe, maybe not - it depends upon if the situation presents itself. If a contractor comes to my house, and I pay him for a job well done, most likely I also tell them thank you as I walk them to the door. But, do I call Amazon.com or any other Internet retailer every time I have a successful business transaction with them? No, and I doubt any of you do either.

Let me take this one step further - do the posting companies CALL YOU to THANK YOU when you BUY THEIR PRODUCT and run THEIR DECALS ON YOUR CAR WHEN YOU DON'T WIN?

"Hi Jason - this is Jim from XYZ Company. I just wanted to call you to thank you for your business, and to thank you for the free advertising you gave us this past weekend while you were running our decal on your car but were only fortunate enough to get to the quarterfinals. Tough break, and better luck next time!"

Uh, no, that doesn't happen. So, please don't give me any crap about the contingency sponsors not paying because we're not showing them enough gratitude. That's just another excuse as to why we're not getting paid.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #40
63corvette

Liked 299 Times in 91 Posts

Brodix is the only company who has called to congratulate me following a race.
In May 2008 on Monday following the race I received a call from Brodix congratulating me upon my accomplishment. They told me they would be sending me a check for the heads.
I mentioned that I also ran their block and they told me to send them an email confirming that I did run and had a decal for their block and they would cut me another check even though they did not post for the block. I did so and did receive an additional check for the block.
Jason if I remember correctly was the person who called.
I try and tell everyone about Brodix and how they do business.
In 2009 I did not get any calls but I did still get checks.
CSR is another story.
I can't find anyone who can get their money from them.
No More CSR purchases from me.
Rick

Last edited by 63corvette; 01-30-2010 at 10:33 PM.
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote