HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #31
Fireofficer5

Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: NHRA and the "Bo Butner rule"?

If it had been the other side some of you would be coughing up and crapping blood from enlarged prostrates and trying to boycott something.

Who cares, we all know whats going to happen.

When that happens, ill did the holes and spread the lime.
Liked
Old 08-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #32
CMcAllister

Liked 755 Times in 210 Posts

It is their sandbox. NHRA has the right to control all of this - sponsor signage, stickers, graphics, etc. Says so in the rulebook. Just as the NFL, NBA and NASCAR have the right to control what is going in their arenas. Those 3 are making a big mistake, IMO, by ceasing to be an organization for the conduct and well being of their respective sports and becoming a bunch of SJWs. They allowed and condoned their participants to do this and now they are up to their neck in alligators and the conversations there are about everything but their respective on field/track activities. .

As strongly as I feel about this climate of division and who is right and/or wrong, I completely agree with NHRA. Maybe they need to limit the size of stickers or graphics if they are going to allow any of this. I hope they remain neutral, avoid any "declarations" of support for either ideology, limit their political involvement to issues directly effecting drag racing, and just stick to being a drag racing organization. I'm all about being fair and if one can do it, so can the other. The right way to keep one out is to keep all out.

Just remember, if one group can make a big presentation, so can the other. I don't want to see NHRA turned into the dumpster fire that NASCAR and the stick and ball sports have become.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 08-26-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #33
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,348 Times in 412 Posts
Smile Re: NHRA and the "Bo Butner rule"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I really doubt there are many democrats attending or racing at any NHRA events. Its the democrats that want to eliminate racing and the use of the types of fuels we burn in our race cars. NHRA should be firmly behind the republican party if they have any idea what is good for them. Unfortunately NHRA headquarters is located in the land of fruits and nuts. So who knows where the political views lye. Sad time for our country these days.

Trump 2020
I am a 73 year old lifelong Democrat, a hardcore fan since the age of 15 who attends 4 to 6 NHRA events every year at both the National and Divisional level, and a Navy veteran who served for 4 years on a nuclear submarine and 2 submarine rescue ships. I am not an environmentalist; if climate change is happening at all, it is happening due to natural causes. There are many Democrats who don't believe in the radical left; I am one of them.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #34
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,703 Times in 1,300 Posts

Well, the NHRA directive is about to be tested. A stock Eliminator car here in BG has Trump/ Pence on both doors in LARGE letters. Also, a prominent super stock racer has 330 TRUMP decals on the way...this is turning into a slippery slope....
Old 08-26-2020, 06:58 PM   #35
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
I am a 73 year old lifelong Democrat, a hardcore fan since the age of 15 who attends 4 to 6 NHRA events every year at both the National and Divisional level, and a Navy veteran who served for 4 years on a nuclear submarine and 2 submarine rescue ships. I am not an environmentalist; if climate change is happening at all, it is happening due to natural causes. There are many Democrats who don't believe in the radical left; I am one of them.
Sounds like you more fit into what most republicans believe. You should think about making a change. Glad you enjoy our sport and support it. I thank you for your service to this great country. You would be welcome at my pit area anytime.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #36
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Well, the NHRA directive is about to be tested. A stock Eliminator car here in BG has Trump/ Pence on both doors in LARGE letters. Also, a prominent super stock racer has 330 TRUMP decals on the way...this is turning into a slippery slope....
There goes all the TV time for Stock and Super Stock!
Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #37
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

I don't get why people are so upset. Why is it so important for people to be able display a Trump/Pence sticker on their car at an nhra event? It's not like you can't still support their campaign.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:29 PM   #38
TOSTO RACING

Liked 477 Times in 139 Posts

Because everyone is tired of the bull**** whats good for one isn't good for the other. People are so afraid to stand up and say what they feel BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY MIGHT HURT SOMEBODIES FEELINGS OR AFFEND SOMEONE BOOO HOOO who gives a **** if people don't like BO'S CAR THEN DON'T ****ING LOOK AT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its his choice to display what he wants on his car and a damn good display it is !!!!!!!!

Its a sad day when you go to a workplace wearing a T-shirt with an American flag on it and they say you can't wear anything political here? WAIT WHAT, its an AMERICAN FLAG ! Last I checked this is still America !

Yes I'm pissed this **** has got to STOP!

TRUMP INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!

Last edited by TOSTO RACING; 08-26-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #39
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 668 Times in 263 Posts

Sept 2 the Phoenix council are getting together to determine if it's ok to paint BLM on one of our streets. I did my civil duty and sent to council a big NO. Goodyear tire does not what Blue or All lives and NHRA does not want Trump signage. So if it's fair for those groups then it's fair us in Phoenix to not allow this.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #40
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Sept 2 the Phoenix council are getting together to determine if it's ok to paint BLM on one of our streets. I did my civil duty and sent to council a big NO. Goodyear tire does not what Blue or All lives and NHRA does not want Trump signage. So if it's fair for those groups then it's fair us in Phoenix to not allow this.
Most of these city councils have shown how really spineless they are by caving to the mob mentality. I'd be surprised if they didn't allow it. Probably worried about backlash if they don't approve it.