HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #31
tpoh815

Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
Wink Re: new ironman?

hey holmes, you must love its slender shape reminds me of the days when you were alive and people actually cared about your crossing over to men! stay with N.H.I.V that, you know more about!
tpoh815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #32
Keith Mayers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: new ironman?

is the new trophy leaning? it sure looks that way, i don't mean to take anything from the champs but that thing sucks! danny or damion, is this the exact trophy or is it bigger? danny, i know you have the "old" style also, it is huge, compared to a nat. or div. ironman. and just (imo) slightly below an nhra wally in glamor, i have both and i like the nhra wally better, (the only good thing i can say about them). don't mind me, im still pissed on the price of gas! but to run for an ironman just took a backseat to bracketracing....
Keith Mayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #33
Rich67stang

Liked 103 Times in 22 Posts
Talking Re: new ironman?

I actually like it, but I guess that's the architect in me. As for comparing it to the old and nhra's. The
octogon shape base is nicer. I will be working harder this year to earn the new "man" for sure.

Keith...I hope to see you more often...with dustin @ pitts bar down the road.

Rich67stang
161 H/R, Q/R
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #34
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: new ironman?

Keith , The trophy looks a lot better in person than in the picture.It also is much heavier and taller,and a very shiney gold.I personally liked the old one ,but it "aint'" coming back. The more i look at it the more it grows on me .Like anything else ,it is a change and we will adjust to it .At least we still have our FI classes in stock.Now yall quit picking on my son's "new look iron man"!!!????<>!! lol /SEE YALL AT PRI.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #35
TheNewIronman

why is everyone picking on me?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #36
Keith Mayers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just got back from FL. and i made a stop at don garlis's museum, he had some very old trophys, my favorite was of an old tree the 5 amber kind. maybe someday pepole will look back at the old ironman and say now that's a rare find!
Rich, it's called "cheaters" and i will somehow make it to that one if only for the entertainment....
Keith Mayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #37
Jeremy1374

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
Jeremy,
Don't feed the troll.
But it's so fun!!! lol
Jeremy1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #38
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of the old Iron Man. Seeing it next to a Wally there was just no comparison IMHO. That said, I didn't think the Iron Man could get worse. I guess I was wrong. Now I just think it looks like any other generic trophy that you might win at your bowling league, or in little league baseball. Too bad.

But, I'll still be racing for it, and I'm certainly not going to turn it down when they go to hand it to me!

And I totally agree. It would have been nice to have had a couple of different designs presented to the racers and allowed us to choose the new Ironman, rather than having the gymnast statue thrust upon us.

As for the name, I'm not sure why they didn't make it IronMan instead of Ironman. I initially thought that it might have something to do with legal repercussions from the Ironman triathlons, or Timex's Ironman watches, but both of those are spelled exactly the same as the new Ironman name. So, I'm not really sure why they didn't keep the capital M. I'm guessing because nobody really thought of it.

Of course, we could possibly force their hand by alerting Timex and the Ironman triathlon of the potential trademark violation...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #39
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

It kind of looks like if you put a Barbie wig on it it turns into Paris Hilton.
I just missed on two of the old ones at MIR this season so I'll be back in 08 to try and earn a Paris.

Ed F.
NHRA #1945
IHRA #14
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote