Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #31
littlemanjoe

Liked 57 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Billet cams and lifter supply

To me the madness needs to stop.
Repeat after me......Stock Eliminator.

Honestly we should be held to the same materials and type of lifters the cars came with. That's what makes Stock Eliminator so much fun.

If you want Super Stock options run Super Stock.
littlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #32
john ancona

Liked 105 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
How much money will it cost when the 500.00 roller lifter explodes and it destroys the short block? Then we will need the parts to complement the lifters. Maybe titanium retainers, valves, etc. how much are Jesel lifters? 4K and up? Then we need keyed slot bushings for the good lifters. But this will fix everything, right. If I had to wait 14 months for tool steel lifters, I’d be trying to make a standard solid lifter work. Cam profile, spring combo, break in procedure and so on. Maybe you have to run softer profile cams so they last? Work with what you have? I’d take this route if I wanted to race and not sit out.

Remember when people on the board said if we just all had solid lifters it would be so much cheaper and easier to find and police? I guess all those people retried or quit racing? The same bullchit was said about roller rockers. Look where we are now?

Keep making these cars resemble SS rules cars and the NHRA can just cancel out the stock class and save a bunch of money and effort. They basically don’t want us there anyway. Your helping their cause by coming on here and asking for SS rules for our engines.

Forget about pure stock rules and enforcement. That ship sailed in the 80’s.

People here suggest a valve spring rule. That will even the playing field.
What happens when someone with a unlimited budget tells their engine builder to make that work no matter what the cost. Then you have put the cost even higher for racers to keep up.

If you want roller lifters in stock, run a car that came with them
I knew it would only be a matter of time before you once again came up with your one sided reasons as you have in the past , you may not look the fool if you did not make up your one sided scenarios ,and look at today's facts ! When you use (someone) as you do that is a assumption of which you seem to have many , and not all are facts , I and others agree with you are cars are closer to super stock than ever , with that said
they are what they are today ,and today going forward is all that matters .
Old 11-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #33
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 727 Times in 152 Posts

Look the fool? What did I say that’s one sided? What facts did I make up that’s not true? Roller lifters don’t break? People didn’t push for solid lifter years ago and now they are not good enough we need rollers? Sorry this displeases you. I thought this is an open forum with a free exchange of ideas. Just one opinion ( my own ) I’m not for the roller lifters in non roller combos. That’s all. Have a nice day

Some peoples moving forward may not be others ideas of moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ancona View Post
I knew it would only be a matter of time before you once again came up with your one sided reasons as you have in the past , you may not look the fool if you did not make up your one sided scenarios ,and look at today's facts ! When you use (someone) as you do that is a assumption of which you seem to have many , and not all are facts , I and others agree with you are cars are closer to super stock than ever , with that said
they are what they are today ,and today going forward is all that matters .

Last edited by Todd Hoven; 11-03-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Todd Hoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 06:08 PM   #34
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Bubski is like WTF !! At no time did Bubski say going back to the old rules would level the field !! Bubski is well aware of those that have the resources will always come out on top !! Money , contacts , and determination, etc !! Will always prevail !! What Bubski is saying !! " Lets bring back the STOCK to STOCK ELIMINATOR " NHRA has in the past reeled in the Pros to limit their performance !! And now its time to reel in the sportsmen !! 180-200 on the seat is laughable !! Most of the older engines were under a 100 to a little over a 100 on the seat !! How about a 10% increase from the old tech sheets across the board on seat and open pressures ?? Everyone now gets the same thing !! Remember !! Besides from bringing Stock into Stock !! Its not any good to race in Stock if you can't get the parts to show up and race !! Going back to what always worked before must be better than starting from scratch with a bunch of Hi Dollar parts that are not in the Spirit of Stock !! More like SS
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 06:29 PM   #35
Mark Lewis

Liked 187 Times in 40 Posts

Machine at PPPC is not fixed. I was there this morning. Have plenty of raw material to work with but no machine to operate. Also the operator didn't know when it would be fixed
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 06:38 PM   #36
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,198 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
180-200 on the seat is laughable !!
Ya know, just when I was starting to kind of like you! There's no way that we are going to go back to OEM valve springs. It would be too much for too many combos to absorb and NHRA has proven time-and-time again that it's not going to allow combos to be turned into trash overnight (lawsuits?).
Knowing what some smallblock Stockers are running for spring pressures now, I thought that 180-200 would be an acceptable (and easy to police) compromise.

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #37
john ancona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lewis View Post
Machine at PPPC is not fixed. I was there this morning. Have plenty of raw material to work with but no machine to operate. Also the operator didn't know when it would be fixed
Two simple questions 1. This has been said for months now ,I was told it was the computer that needs repair
2. How many back orders are there
If I/we can get the answers it may indicate the likelihood if I/we ever see our lifter orders filled , case in point if it is 1 or 2 orders pending then the chances are slim to none
Old 11-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #38
john ancona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDT1DYI View Post
John, I thought you were going with to race SS GT class with a 350 2 barrel?
How about a 5 HP penalty for Roller cam in stock?
If a change to Roller Cams is made then change the piston rings to what ever rings you want. Spacers are get expensive as well. Oh and then for low compression motors how about making pump gas legal in stock as well. Could save some money there as well. .

Steve Teeter Stk/SS 620
Yep still going with the 350 2 barrel that is if there's still a track left in town LoL
Old 11-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #39
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 10,051 Times in 2,085 Posts

Y’all get the rules fix and we will try to live by them.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:20 PM   #40
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,469 Times in 549 Posts

One of the many issues is the quality of the lifter, especially, materials and sizing. The sizing problem creates issues with lifter bore clearance and also when the lifter does not have a crown and the lobe does not have a taper.

It does not matter if the valve spring pressures are restored to the old rules. Too may engine builders are seeing camshaft and lifter failures even on mild street builds.

There is only one lifter manufacturer for solid and hydraulic lifters left in the USA.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked