Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #41
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Pomona on Monday-Stock Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post

......Drag racing, to me, is two drivers and their cars, trying their best to outrun the guy or girl, in the other lane, heads-up, no holds barred. That is, no handicap, no breakout... first car to the finish line wins. Anything else is NOT "Drag Racing."

As I said, that's just MY opinion.

BTW, I can't afford to run a class legal car, so I have alot of fun Bracket racing... a LOT of fun! But, I don't tell anyone I'm drag racing.... 'cause I'm not.

That doesn't make it less difficult to win than a drag race. On the contrary, Brackets are impossibly hard to win, because of all the hoops you have to jump through...

It's just different. That's all.

Thanks for listening.
X3 !

My wife and I are Saturday Night "Bracket" racers. When people ask us what type of racing we do, we say we bracket race. We do not say we drag race.
There are 2 types of racers at the dragstrip and I can't afford to be a drag racer, so I bracket race for fun.

Next year we will be running Pure Stock, and unless we happen to pair up with someone in the same class, then we will be "bracket" racing.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #42
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingReptile View Post
David are you droozes dad??? Good Luck to you guys may the force be with you.
Proudly so. Chris was my only child. He grew up a lot like me, but in many ways even better. He was an exceptional young man for a variety of reasons, and is missed dearly.

As for the race, it a great race. We knew that Dallas would hit a good light and we needed a better one. .002 realy is darned close to .000 green. But Dallas hit a .004 and ran right on, and deserved the win for his excellent driving.

By beating us, he got into his first ever final round, but in spite of not being able to close the deal this time, I predict many good things for him in the future. A nice family, a nice person, and one heck of a good driver.

It was a tough field from start to finish, and Keith had to take out two former World Champs along the way to third place. And I am proud of Keith's performance and that of the MegaManiac, that just keeps rolling along.

We won it all in Noble, went to the fourth round in Vegas Diviional, and third place in Stock at World finals. And we picked up four consecutive stock Top Qualifier awards along gthe way, so overall, it was a pretty good trip from Maple Grove to Noble OK, to Las Vegas, and Pomina. And we didn't embarrass ourselves in Super Stock in Vegas Nationals either...

Now it is time go home and rest up..

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 11-18-2010 at 03:03 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #43
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Dallas is a long time Bracket racer and not a newbe. All you guys bitchen about bracket racers should take notice, this is his second year in a Stocker.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #44
older racer

Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

hello, in 1970, at a local track, all there was to run in, was stock or super stock or modified eliminator. the first year had lots of cars running stock. back then you ran off national records. the finals were always a few prepared stockers that won. by next year, car count dropped from 35 to 8. no one could afford to build a record holder. thats about the time brackets came in, cars were able to compete and have fun. the track was able to stay open. bracket racing saved drag racing period!!! I've seen many bracket racers get into stock racing now. for those of you that want heads up, stuff, you should go pro stock racing then. I'm glad the bracket champs got to run at pomona.
older racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #45
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Pomona on Monday-Stock Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by older racer View Post
hello, in 1970, at a local track, all there was to run in, was stock or super stock or modified eliminator. the first year had lots of cars running stock. back then you ran off national records. the finals were always a few prepared stockers that won. by next year, car count dropped from 35 to 8. no one could afford to build a record holder. thats about the time brackets came in, cars were able to compete and have fun. the track was able to stay open. bracket racing saved drag racing period!!! I've seen many bracket racers get into stock racing now. for those of you that want heads up, stuff, you should go pro stock racing then. I'm glad the bracket champs got to run at pomona.
Well it sure seems as though people can afford it today with Toter Homes, Motor Homes, rigs that cost more than most peoples homes, $100,000 plus store bought so called stockers, $25,000 stocker engines, $400 plus sets of slicks,$300 plus entry fees, $3.00 a gallon gas and diesel fuel at 6-8 MPG. No different than the 60's. Just more people willing to go into debt to obtain these toys.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 11-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #46
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Pomona on Monday-Stock Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
X3 !

My wife and I are Saturday Night "Bracket" racers. When people ask us what type of racing we do, we say we bracket race. We do not say we drag race.
There are 2 types of racers at the dragstrip and I can't afford to be a drag racer, so I bracket race for fun.

Next year we will be running Pure Stock, and unless we happen to pair up with someone in the same class, then we will be "bracket" racing.
We may have to change the name from DRAG STRIP to Bracket Strip . It is all DRAG RACING ,just a lot of diff ways to do it.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #47
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

The Summit deal is a great addition to the program at the Finals. It gives the "bracket racer" a great venue to run for a Championship.

Between the races at Vegas and Pomona the Pro sessions just seem to go on forever.

I can also recall at least 3 wrecks that happened between Comp and S/S.

It all added up to NHRA having to wait until the next day to finish 40 minutes of racing.
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #48
killerbee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to Dallas Glenn - Division 6

It was a stellar performance at the Nationals. Almost made it kid!! You've got alot under your belt for a 19 yr old. 3rd in division - 9th in nation in your first full season in stock. WAY TO GO!!!!
killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #49
killerbee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dallas Glenn - Division 6

After a long weekend of racing....what happiness it was to watch my 3rd generation racing grandson almost with the final at Pomona. After 5 Wallies it would have been nice to travel home with this one. However, with your passion for the sport I'm looking forward to alot more wins and a no. 1

Grandma
killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote