HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #41
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Regardless of which Ed he was referring to, I have but one more word....OUCH!!!
What do you expect from a no name sniper?Must be a little pee pee syndrome.Anyway
the payouts need to be addressed.But that's on the Glendora's list of things to do about
when to have the windows on HQ washed.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #42
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

I'm sorry Ed, I tried to put a fork in it. Billy Nees is right but Ed's Pamela anology is quite appropriate since she's Canadian I might put in a good word for you Ed... and maybe not, she doesn't take my calls either. Unfortunately Compton and the rest are just looking out for their own pockets. Hard to find men like Wally Park and Robert Petersen who had unselfish visions. I'll finish with those incredible words of wisdom from the lips of a great race car want to be racer Rodney King" can't we all get along"!
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
I agree it does not matter But I will say this. It is a advantage if the slow car goes red but if he goes green and the faster car has to sit there for a long time before the tree comes down whos advantage is it then? Ever sat at the tree for over 10 seconds waiting for your turn? Its not easy either. I dont race S/SS but this rule will effect everybody.
Using ED's logic, if you don't like sitting there a long time, BUY A SLOW CAR.

If you think that's skewed logic, I agree; but it cuts both ways...
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #44
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Bill, approaching NHRA as I mentioned and whining on an Internet message board are two different things. Going on & on about it here does nothing. More people wanted cars weighed with the drivers than want this changed. Remember the poll done here? Most racers do not want or care about this. Get over it. Not going to happen. I would like to take long showers with Pamela Anderson too. That ain't gonna happen either.
If you think that a poll taken about ANYTHING on this BB has any validity at all, you're dreaming, or know nothing at all about statistical measurement.

What happened on the "weigh the drivers with the cars" issue was that Don Nicholson and a group of BIG Pro Stock drivers applied some leverage tp NHRA officials and got them to see things their way. Had nothing to do with popular opinion or any kind of poll...
Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #45
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Doesn't matter what you or I think Bill, it ain't gonna change because a small group complains about it here. Talk to N & I HRA. No leverage here. Surely your bright enough to get that. Ten (or fewer) guys on an Internet message board is not going to change that.

Btw, I don't leave 2nd five times a year. Div 4 SS is run over with 8 second hood scoop cars. I most always leave first. Doesn't bother me, or most others, the way it is. Change or not, I don't care. Regurgitating this over and over here (especially without popular support) won't change anything.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #46
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Ed Wright;254743 "Most racers do not want or care about this. "]QUOTE

How many racers who run Stock and Super Stock have you interviewed aboit this??? Or, is this based on your worthless poll?

Please answer the question. I want to know where this opinion of yours comes from.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #47
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

[QUOTE=bill dedman;254857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright;254743 "Most racers do not want or care about this. "

How many racers who run Stock and Super Stock have you interviewed aboit this??? Or, is this based on your worthless poll?

Please answer the question. I want to know where this opinion of yours comes from.
Doesn't matter, ain't gonna happen, but:
It (among other things here) has been discussed, and laughed about, in the staging lanes while killing time waiting for the endless line of throttle stop engines-on-a-stick cars run ahead of us. The slow cars that might be in favor are in the minority. You have not seen any polls here, or anywhere else, with my name on it.

Isn't there a bracket racing section here?

Last edited by Ed Wright; 04-24-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #48
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Thanks again Claude.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #49
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Doesn't matter what you or I think Bill, it ain't gonna change because a small group complains about it here. Talk to N & I HRA. No leverage here. Surely your bright enough to get that. Ten (or fewer) guys on an Internet message board is not going to change that.

Btw, I don't leave 2nd five times a year. Div 4 SS is run over with 8 second hood scoop cars. I most always leave first. Doesn't bother me, or most others, the way it is. Change or not, I don't care. Regurgitating this over and over here (especially without popular support) won't change anything.
Yes, Ed, I have agreed that this rule will probably NEVER change, but not for the reasons you profess.

It won't change because NHRA has lost its soul, and the people who at one time, would have moved heaven and earth to make a change (like they did with the "first to break out" rule, remember?) to a more equitable and fair rule, have moved on in one way or another, and are not to be found at NHRA any more. If it's not going to benefit the NHRA coffers, it's not going to happen.

But, the facts are:

In handicapped racing as regards Stock Eliminattor and Super Stock Eliminator, , there is an unequal red light jeopardy that manifests itself anytime the racing is anything but heads up.

If the first car to leave red lights, the second car has been deprived of the responsibility to cut a better (less offensive) light than the competition in the other lane.

Why would you want to implement such an advantage for EITHER car???

Electronic technology that was not available in 1963, when this system came into play, now exists, to rectify this unfair situation. Not to put it to use is to ignore the great efforts that NHRA has made (until rececently) to make racing as fair and equitable as it could be.

All those hours in the teardown barn are directed at that very proposition. That kind of thinking has been part and parcel of this sport's soul since its inception.

Then, this issue comes along, and the small effort to fix it is just more than NHRA wants to take on???

Guess so...

Last edited by bill dedman; 04-24-2011 at 10:35 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #50

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bill Dedman
I will say that your opinion on the VERY DEAD topic is entertaining. But ya know what they say, "You can't fight city hall", because in this case, city hall doesn't really give a damn. Lets take it from the top, you leave first, you go red first, you loose first. Its been that way for a long while and will stay like that for a longer while. I think you should put your efforts into another fantasy, maybe Pam Anderson, seems to work for some of the other patrons here.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote