Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2022, 09:17 AM   #41
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: Shipping weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Charley let Paul's wife run the car I'm sure it would fit.

Bill I would love to run AA/SA. If we use the logic that some on here have used, I would be a shoe in. I also put light weight seats in my car, took out the rear seat, use light weight rear and tires, no exhaust system, light weight wheels, aluminum radiator, plus a lot more weight removed. Why shouldn't my car get the same gift the 2015 Camaro's got. Then I could fit in AA/SA.

Darren, your cars run my class and I thought it was a chitty deal right from the start. Between the factory bogus HP and using the wrong shipping weight. I do want to see the newer cars in Stock and know it's a tough deal to make them work with the right shipping weight, but it doesn't make it right. I can forget the whole deal if you take the block from under Jeff's gas pedal and he runs the car all out at Gainesville. BP

PS let me know what run so I can watch. LOL
LOL!
Old 02-15-2022, 10:20 AM   #42
countrypuppy4865

Liked 184 Times in 63 Posts

Moral of the story is they should probably be left alone. There's no consideration for cars that when prepped for stock eliminator without even trying to get them as lot as possible. Many newer cars would have to add way more than 500 lbs to get to the minimum of the lightest class. The issue people have with some of the newer cars shouldn't be as much the shipping weight as it is the hp rating. Lonnie is a smart guy, and I know he can help make some positive changes. I would like to see more involvement for current racers in proposed rules. A couple of SRAC member disagreeing could swing a decision that 98% of people would be in favor of. There's always scenarios that may get overlooked without the input of others. The old adage "two heads are better than one" comes to mind.
countrypuppy4865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:44 AM   #43
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,966 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Y’all get the rules fixed and I will race by those rules. If the rules get to crazy there are other places to race.
NHRA has always had an "issue" considering the overall effect of a rule change and the unseen consequences of that rule change AND the consequences of trying to "retract" that rule change. Once you've (NHRA) given someone something, it's very hard to take it away!

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #44
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Seems that some racers would like to see Stock "evolve" into Comp, but with advertised HP rather than cubic inches. Oh yeah, and stock valve size and lift, with no hood scoops. I know there are already too many classes, but with the barn doors getting opened more every year, I pine for a time when racers liked Stock, for the challenge for working with, and around, the weaknesses of the combination that they chose, retaining ALL the factory components, of an actual package that was readily available to anybody to walk into any new car dealership, and drive home. I wish things were more like Junior Stock was, than Factory Stock and "enhanced" Stock has become.
Well said Rory.
I enjoyed Pure Stock with IHRA until it was gone.
It was kinda fun taking a 100 % stock vehicle and making changes to see how each change affected the e.t.

Last edited by ALMACK; 02-15-2022 at 10:49 AM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-15-2022, 10:56 AM   #45
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,966 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
It was kinda fun taking a 100 % stock vehicle and making changes to see how each change affected the e.t.
That's where I find the majority of my fun/satisfaction!

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #46
SS734

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Just my opinion.

The HP factors were designed to make the cars fair "with-in" their natural classes thus the different weights at the scales. Somehow around 2004, NHRA was convinced to do away with these different weights and allow everyone to move to the top off each class.

All cars should run their respected natural class or up one. If HP is added or subtracted the cars should stay in their natural class and add or remove weight.

That is how class racing was originally designed.

Flame on!
SS734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:24 AM   #47
Doug Hoven

Liked 752 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
That's where I find the majority of my fun/satisfaction!
It gets even more fun when you take a car with a total value of about what the piston ring package costs in some stockers, and end up going .50 under with it. This being possible with the combined brainpower of a guy who can get 5 bucks from a nickel, along with a mildly intelligent "Punk" college student. Reminds me of another thread I saw somewhere. Hmmm.......
Old 02-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #48
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,557 Times in 1,987 Posts

A cheep, fast in relation to index, car is a truck.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-15-2022, 06:38 PM   #49
Jim Hanig

Liked 97 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hoven View Post
It gets even more fun when you take a car with a total value of about what the piston ring package costs in some stockers, and end up going .50 under with it. This being possible with the combined brainpower of a guy who can get 5 bucks from a nickel, along with a mildly intelligent "Punk" college student. Reminds me of another thread I saw somewhere. Hmmm.......
Like the 1200 dollar ring s for a stocker
Jim Hanig is offline   Reply With Quote