HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #41
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Div 2 Orlando race moved to Atlanta

Is DIV 2 the only division having this problem?
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #42
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

The problem .... as it was explained to me ...

Is that the track opperators are to grant the Alky teams(drivers and crew) free entry into the divisional event. on top of that they need to guarantee thier payout... That alone is upwards of a 20K + hit to the track....

I for one feel that IF TAFC and TAD are still "Sportsman" classes then they should be required to pay thier way in like everyone else..... and like everyone else "IF" the class continues to show low car counts it could be in jepardy of being cut from the program...

I think it was last year or the year prior that Bradenton had like 5 TAFC's and maybe 7 TAD's show.... Spectators who were there on Saturday did not return sunday because there was nothing to see.... Thus a lack of income for the track.... Unless a class can support itself, the payouts need to be adjusted accordingly... In simple terms if thier not paying entry fees.... then they dont run for any $$$$ its basicly an open test session for them.....

Its really ashame that D2 seems to be the only one who only has 5 races... most others have 6 or more plus opens.... and now having to travel back and forth is a major inconvienance to many racers, let alone the costs....
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #43
Brian Oakes

Liked 410 Times in 115 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Div 2 Orlando race moved to Atlanta

Jim try to work with Carl, i realy thing this would work, everyone would be coming for Gators anyway,i know the New York crew will have a fleet of cars, i know 3 SS cars that are setting in Daytona, possible 2 more all sitting in the same yard, i know i will be the first one at the gate Friday Morning, there will be enough cars, Come on guys in the south,and lets see if we can make this happen, and show them we don't need Atlanta, it's warmer in FL anyway,Jim ask around at Bradenton and see what the car count would be like, i wish i was there i will not be there until Thursday night of that weekend, keep trying Jim and Carl i hope you read this,this would be egg in alot of faces, couldn't get any better T&T and combo race, just before a National, Life would be great LOL Hope this goes and see ya all there. Brian
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #44
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can put together quite a few s/st cars that wont be in atlanta also..if carl is interested
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #45
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Exclamation Re: Div 2 Orlando race moved to Atlanta

Orlando Speed World will be holding a pre Gatornational test & tune on Saturday March 6, 2010 from 10am until 5pm. The cost will be $100 per race car, crew and family members are free. Track owner Carl Weisinger would like to thank all the racers for the support he has received after the decision to move the NHRA Division 2 Lucas points race from Orlando to Atlanta. Carl wishes good luck to the racers who choose to race at Atlanta that weekend and to be sure and watch for the S/SS Shootout #2 at the end of the year at Orlando Speed World.

Anyone wishing to leave their rigs at Orlando the week before the Gatornationals may do so for no charge. Racers with motorhomes etc. may stay free of charge also.
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 02-11-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #46
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How are the division directors choosen?
How long do they stay?

Should this office not have a term limit? it has to be very stressfull to do this job. just asking I am still a youngster at this game..........

J. Waibel
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #47
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How about this guys... I am not sure if anyone else saw this or not, but apparently, before this race was rescheduled NHRA took for granted that they could MAKE a track do EXACTLY what they want them to and make renovations that cost upwards of $100,000.... the AD in the most current dragster has Alcohol Fuel and funny car ALREADY in it.... wow... NOW ALL THE FANS ARE MISLEAD AS WELL... I am guessing that if this was discussed at the end of December, the answer was the same then as it is now... Why publish it????????????????
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #48
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Div 2 Orlando race moved to Atlanta

All of us Northern Racers heading for the southern TOUR have just been ENHANCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #49
Daran Summerton

Liked 66 Times in 37 Posts

Hey if a TnT breaks out into a combo count on Summertons for 3 cars. We will not go to Atlanta that was not a good idea. Everyone loves ORLANDO the week before the Gators PERIOD. It's not too late to fix this
Daran Summerton is offline   Reply With Quote