HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #41
Sg700x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: An argument you can not win!!!!

It would be cool to see the espn video of everything from burnout on.
Sg700x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #42
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

I'm not sure why...unless NHRA doctored the video, I saw everything I needed to see. Stewart was standing there about as lifeless as a statue for a good couple of seconds when Justin just left. From the camera angle (straight up the track at the Christmas Tree) you couldn't tell whether Justin's car was creeping on him or not, but he certainly did not leave due to Stewart distracting him.

It sucks to lose that way, but the correct driver was declared the victor (again, unless NHRA doctored the video, but even I'm not THAT much of a conspiracy theorist towards NHRA).
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #43
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

In reference to the visor infraction, I was in violation once at Richmond. Rick was the starter and had been for just a few years. I was in the water box and rolled up to stage. Rick came over to tell me to close the visor. I did and off I went, no problem. After a few laps with no problem, First round was up and my focus was on the tree...(visor up). I won the round but was held at the ET shack, and told an offical was enroute. He gave me a piece of paper with the rule spelled out, and a notice of disquailifacation should it happen again (my signiture required) at the direction of Mr. Rick Stewart. These other infractions (head out of the cage, removing safety equitment while on track, visors) may be being delt with in a simular fashion.

The issue with Justin, his opponent did exactly the right thing IMO. It happend to me once in Columbus...the guy left before the tree...I did'nt move, and did'nt plan to move...Rick ran in front of me and held me untill the other racer cleared the track (to me that was the right thing to do because you don't know what the other guys situation is and no chance was taken). I backed up, refocused, Rick motioned a single for me, I rolled in took the tree with no distraction and a first round win!

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #44
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where can i see the video?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #45
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Don't know...I saw it on ESPN's sportsman racing show...I looked quickly on YouTube, but did not see it there.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #46
Sg700x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it takes a couple of weeks for it to show up on youtube. Go to see the car made a quick return to the finals. Shawn Langdon won s/g at sonoma in it. Then Justin won the Phoenix Nat. make up yesterday.
Sg700x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #47
roseracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What ESPN showed was the after effect. We needed to see the 20 seconds before that where Rick was waving off the cameraman in front of Reg's car.

I spoke with Chris Lamb and he said it really was a weird situation that they'll learn from.

Obviously, they learned rather quickly because he won Super Gas at the Phoenix Nationals that was run yesterday at Infineon.

Congrats to the entire Lamb family. You are truly great racers and even nicer people.

Thanks,
Brad Rose
Rose Racing Team
roseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #48
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw it on espn3 right after it happened to me I saw what Justin saw Rick Steward looked like he was going to go in front of Reg Wilson and hold them up , then all hell broke loose. I showed a few people that on NHRA espn archives list but from what I understand it is taken off the archives list.To me it looked pretty wierd and and that should have been rerun.PS I do not know Justin or Reg personally .Also they showed the interview of Reg Wilson he looked totally confused!!!
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #49
6245sg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay everyone, here is how I saw it. With three bulbs lit, a cameraman stepped up to my right front wheel. Rick Stewart (a fairly animated person) stepped out in front of me and waved off the camera guy and appeared to wave me off also. Not knowing if I was leaking something or whatever, I locked it down on the starting line and shut my my car off. I thought Justin may have been timed out with all the hubbub going on in my lane. I figured they would back us out and restage us. I LIFTED MY VISER when my buddy Emmmett came to tell me Rick said I had won and to head down the track. Not the way you want to win a national event!
Thank you Chris for your account of what happened! Justin has proven himself to be a extremely talented racer with a great future ahead of him!! Check out the Pheonix event. I rest my case your honour!
The true outcome we will never know, but it would be great to meet Justin in another final round!

Reg Wilson
6245sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #50
pro7474

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Reg you are a true Champion, remember there have been races we should of won and not and there have been races we won that we should not have. In Seattle you were the better racer all weekend long and it would have been tough to get by you in the final. We hope that you can chalk up the final round to racing luck and enjoy the victory. I just feel bad that with everything that went on we did not get to congratulate you in the winner circle.
Justin and myself had a long debate/argument LOL about even about replying to this post in the first placed but it was getting out of hand so we wanted to set the story strait. We know that Mr Jones aka Dough boy has a hidden agenda against Justin, so Justin thought it would be best to let it die.
Reg give Justin a call sometime 702-379-1965
Chris Lamb

Last edited by pro7474; 07-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.
pro7474 is offline   Reply With Quote