HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
Tar Heel

Default Re: Drag Radials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
even though this thread's title is "drag radials" the op is not asking about DOT tires, rather radial slicks.
I, among many others, don't care what you think sir. I'm to the point where ... when I see your avatar ... I skip over your comments.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #42
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
Which is exactly what kind of car we are about to put these on.. mr 1320 I dont know you from adam but I do know that I have posted some pretty specific info on what my car is/has/does.. you may have 3 million runs with radials but when im talking about a 9" tire in a lighter weight(3100lbs) car with very little power.. Hence the 1.60 short times... I dont know why you feel yhe need to tell me about your 1.28 60ft in your huge tire car with a big block weighing more than my car.. whether you think its stock or super stock legal except the motor is irrelavent.. it doesnt even help the slightest.. then we have guys coming on here giving relavent info and I have to weed through all your **** to find my answers cause you think we all race to the first damn cone... I appriciate you trying to be helpful but for future posts id rather you left your opinions out of my threads.. thanks

Brad
Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself. I appreciate your comments.

Even though your post was about radial slicks I would think that DOT drag radials, especially Hoosiers which are essentially slicks and are NOT street tires, would offer you another data set to go by. Good luck with your new combination and keep us posted on how much it picks up.

Scott
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #43
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 501 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
We are going to put a radial slick on our car for the first time. Any suggestions on tire pressure to start with? we run about 14.5 with the regular good year 28x9 slick on a 8 in wheel.. will be going to the 30x9 goodyear radial still on an 8 in wheel.

this is an 88' mustang around 3100ish pounds 60's in the low 1.60 range @ 6000 DA as of now but we changed the rear gear from 4.88 to 5.13 as well. so I don't know what the 60's will be with the 28x9 until next weekend then we'll run the slick after we have a baseline with the old tire..

thanks guys
Brad
This is the original start to this thread.......Brad, start at 20 lbs cold, they will heat up to 22ish. Depending on your rear shocks, you can adjust from there. Loosen the shock if you spin at all.....
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #44
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

I ran an 8" wheel. 4.5' back spacing if I remember correctly. and a 30" tire. does someone make a 28" now?

Last edited by partsbob67; 10-24-2013 at 09:40 PM.
partsbob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #45
HawkBrosMav

Liked 277 Times in 68 Posts

No bob still only make a 30... we were told 5.5 bs so we'll see oh it fits..
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #46
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

mine was tight, inner needed hammer work and had to trim the rear a little. look forward to seeing you guys out again!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #47
SStockDart
VIP Member

I am sure you guys know this, but it bears repeating.....we have stockers running in the 8's at over 150 MPH on 9 inch tires.....it shouldn't be too difficult to get a lower class stocker to work on the same tires......spend more time developing HP....it will solve a lot of problems...
A short story for ya....about 40 years ago, I was racing and not too fast.....I was under the rear of John Wilsons SS/B car to check out the suspension....a fellow racer tapped me on the shoulder and said "you are looking at the wrong end of the car"....I haven't forgotten that.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #48
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts

Gary,
If the back of a fast race car is "The Wrong End" then why did Bill Jenkins kick me in the A** when I was looking under the rearend of his Vega?
Humm,
I guess he owes me an apology because I was looking at the wrong end..
Old 10-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #49
SStockDart
VIP Member

Hey Adger,,,I am sure that you have forgotten more than I know about going fast.....LOL... Very simply, what I was trying to say is that a mediocre suspension and a killer motor is faster than a killer suspension and a mediocre motor... that's all.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #50
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts

Gary,
Flattery will get you everywhere. Thanks. Point is made... Horsepower is our mistress, oh what a dirty bi*#H!! :~)