HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #41
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: NHRA and the "Bo Butner rule"?

When someone tries to do something good or promote what is right and harmless,,someone steps in a destroys it,,ie,,the Confederate flag,and the statues,,but the sad part is we stand by and let it happen. We are getting very weak as a society and I am very happy that there are a few that have the initiative to promote the good and sensible that we need to continue to enjoy our great United States and the world as a whole.
It's gotten that a few are trying or are destroying beautiful places that good US citizens gave their lifes so us,,,GOOD AMERICANS could enjoy life with our families as we see fit.
I AM THE ONE WITH THE
TRUMP
PENCE
On my Stock Eliminator 69 Camaro doors.
I'm not protesting or I'm not saying vote for our great,,and he is one of the greatest Presidents,it's just my way,,and I don't have big balls,of supporting a great cause.
It's really sad how our Country has gotten soooo weak and quiet as to not stopping the distruction of our great Country and the Constitution that so many people gave their lifes for.
My wife and I just want to live the rest of our lifes in a FANTASTIC Country that has so many wonderful things to offer,,including our great sport of NHRA Sportsman Dragracing.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:40 PM   #42
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 668 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykr View Post
Most of these city councils have shown how really spineless they are by caving to the mob mentality. I'd be surprised if they didn't allow it. Probably worried about backlash if they don't approve it.
I'm afraid your right. We have a African american female chief of police and does not allow the nonsense to get out of control. I think she learned from Joe Arpio. I hope someone in council is strong enough as this is suppose to be 100% yes to move forward
Liked
Old 08-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #43
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 877 Times in 196 Posts

GOD bless America! Please!
We need it!
Old 08-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #44
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireofficer5 View Post
If it had been the other side some of you would be coughing up and crapping blood from enlarged prostrates and trying to boycott something.

Who cares, we all know whats going to happen.

When that happens, ill did the holes and spread the lime.
I would not be so sure. Many of us still believe in freedom and freedom of speech .. I am very sure I would not be “ crapping blood“.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #45
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Interesting
Old 08-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #46
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,928 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
I am a 73 year old lifelong Democrat, a hardcore fan since the age of 15 who attends 4 to 6 NHRA events every year at both the National and Divisional level, and a Navy veteran who served for 4 years on a nuclear submarine and 2 submarine rescue ships. I am not an environmentalist; if climate change is happening at all, it is happening due to natural causes. There are many Democrats who don't believe in the radical left; I am one of them.
Mr Bill I appreciate your common sense attitude and especially your service but from what I've seen many in the Democratic party have fallen for this pandering for votes and wanting to make everyone's feelings not be hurt. I grew up in a Democrat family and was one most of my life until a few years ago I switched my registration to independent. I don't feel like I left the party, they left me! I've voted the last several years with my heart and who I honestly thought would do the best job. I can appreciate everyone's point of view as I sure you can by reading your post here but too many people these days don't see it that way. Most have lost their sense of humanity and can't have a conversation about politics with someone of a different view point without calling them ignorant or uninformed. It's a sad situation for sure, as Mike said you would be welcome in my pit if we ever cross paths for sure and I promise you would have nothing but a civil conversation and a beer or three!
Old 08-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #47
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,747 Times in 861 Posts

Yesterday's rule book amendments included the following. Suppose we'll see how enforcement goes at BG:

The NHRA logo or name may not be used in conjunction with political
candidates.

If a race team legitimately is sponsored by a political candidate then the
candidate’s name and the year of the election may appear on the race vehicle

(but the vehicle will not be prominently featured/emphasized on television or in
other content, per broadcast standards and practices). Decal size will be limited
to 144 square inches on a race vehicle and 48 square inches on a motorcycle.

Location will be limited to the rear quarter panel of a race car, outside for the
driver’s compartment of a dragster and wheelie bar side shields on a motorcycle.
If a matter is deemed by NHRA not to be in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing, then NHRA will not allow such matter to be displayed or advertised on site or in connection with NHRA in any manner whatsoever. NHRA, in its sole and absolute discretion, may take any action, up to and including disqualification of a driver, for violation of this rule.
By way of illustration and without limitation, online gambling is an activity deemed by NHRA to be not in the best interests of NHRA and the sport of drag racing, and an activity that NHRA will not allow to be displayed or advertised on site at any NHRA event or in connection with NHRA in any manner whatsoever. Websites that allow gaming that is entirely free and for fun may be permitted pursuant to further guidelines that may be requested from NHRA. Violation of any part of any such guideline will be treated as violation of the NHRA Rulebook.
Liked
Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #48
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I can't help but wonder what would've happened if he would've been supporting the other side. Kind of seems like they are messing with 1st amendment rights to me.
They aren't messing with anyone's rights. It is a privilege to race at an NHRA event not a right, All NHRA events are on privately owned property and they have the right to enforce rules at that event.

If you dislike those rules the option is simply to not attend. Just like stores have the right to enforce mask rules

Ever heard of No shoes, No shirt, No Service? Same thing.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #49
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

The horror...

pS

Last edited by Paul Sarvas; 08-29-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #50
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING View Post
Because everyone is tired of the bull**** whats good for one isn't good for the other. People are so afraid to stand up and say what they feel BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY MIGHT HURT SOMEBODIES FEELINGS OR AFFEND SOMEONE BOOO HOOO who gives a **** if people don't like BO'S CAR THEN DON'T ****ING LOOK AT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its his choice to display what he wants on his car and a damn good display it is !!!!!!!!

Its a sad day when you go to a workplace wearing a T-shirt with an American flag on it and they say you can't wear anything political here? WAIT WHAT, its an AMERICAN FLAG ! Last I checked this is still America !

Yes I'm pissed this **** has got to STOP!

TRUMP INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!
With all the bad grammar, caps lock and exclamation points I would have thought Trump himself wrote that.
Closed Thread