Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #531
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: worst red light debate, again!

I don't know Ed. I might. Or I could let Bill write it up and I could submit it. Or I could work with him and several others and send in a proposal. Who knows. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #532
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
So Jim,you going to email or call Glendora and pitch old Bill's proposal?Mark declined,
he says he's not a currant NHRA member.I assume you are.
ED,

I thougtht you were outta here. No such luck, huh"

Did you READ THIS????

"More likely, it will put a fork in the whole idea,because, NHRA is now run by bean counters who only understand ONE THING: The bottom line."

Having to come up with a million dollars a year JUST to feed the two top druids (Uncle Tom and his accomplice) in the face of declining revenues that are the result of the general economy, declining car counts, poor attendance, LOTS of anti-NHRA sentiment, and gas and Diesel fuel prices, they (NHRA) are likely not in the mood to enact a rule that is NOT going to earn them a red cent, EVER, while costing them whatever it takes to get the proper software installed and working on all those NHRA computers. Add to all that, the likelihood that the poor bastard that would have to make a decision on this rule, would undoubtedly have the classic "deer in the headlights" eyes, after trying to figure it all out...

No, to hit NHRA with a petition on this idea at this time, would be suicidal.

Even if they supported the idea 100-percent, they're VERY UNLIKELY to make such a change, given fiscal conditions and their foreseeable financial future.

Petition???

Not a good idea. A good way to BURY it, probably.

That doesn't mean we can't talk about it.... LOL!"

How is YOUR "reading comprehension???????????"

I assume you read the foregoing, Mr. Fernandez....

The danger is, once a petition has failed, it would take an act of congress ever to reverse that....

Ed knows this.

NOT a good time for a petition. Read that again. I just want to make sure you understand so when you push harder for one, it will be obvious what your motives are.

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-15-2011 at 02:56 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #533
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
So Jim,you going to email or call Glendora and pitch old Bill's proposal?Mark declined,
he says he's not a currant NHRA member.I assume you are.

Looks to me like he got stuck in neutral or jumped into reverse.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #534
Jim B

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK Bill I've gotta ask. I understand your position on the starting line redlight inequity but do you advocate fixing a potential breakout correction at the finish line? Example: Car A fouls by .002 and car B fouls by .005. Under your revision is car A now the final and undisputed winner? (barring crossing the centerline) At the other end car A runs out by .005 (gets there first) and car B runs out by .001 Since the total combined infractions (.007 vs .006) would give the win back to car B... is that what you advocate? How would you treat a single breakout run that possibly was a result of chasing a worse redlight? (Car A runs out by .002 and Car B runs dead on (doesn't break out) but has a worse (.005 to .004) total infraction.

Last edited by Jim B; 05-15-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Jim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #535
bigshow2966

Liked 83 Times in 36 Posts
Talking Re: worst red light debate, again!

Why don't we just go back to the way it used to be in the '70's at US 30. Both cars redlight or break-out, they both lose. Double red in the final, both get 2nd place money. Saves money in the long run.

Oh yeah, we can also go back to paying only 4 places. Round money is for sissies.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #536
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,578 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
OK Bill I've gotta ask. I understand your position on the starting line redlight inequity but do you advocate fixing a potential breakout correction at the finish line? Example: Car A fouls by .002 and car B fouls by .005. Under your revision is car A now the final and undisputed winner? (barring crossing the centerline) At the other end car A runs out by .005 (gets there first) and car B runs out by .001 Since the total combined infractions (.007 vs .006) would give the win back to car B... is that what you advocate? How would you treat a single breakout run that possibly was a result of chasing a worse redlight? (Car A runs out by .002 and Car B runs dead on (doesn't break out) but has a worse (.005 to .004) total infraction.

Bill's proposal has nothing to do with breakouts.
Both car leave the line...Worse red light comes . Win light comes on in other lane...Race over...Not that complicated.
Maybe it is?

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 08-07-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #537
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
ED,

I thougtht you were outta here. No such luck, huh"

Did you READ THIS????

"More likely, it will put a fork in the whole idea,because, NHRA is now run by bean counters who only understand ONE THING: The bottom line."

Having to come up with a million dollars a year JUST to feed the two top druids (Uncle Tom and his accomplice) in the face of declining revenues that are the result of the general economy, declining car counts, poor attendance, LOTS of anti-NHRA sentiment, and gas and Diesel fuel prices, they (NHRA) are likely not in the mood to enact a rule that is NOT going to earn them a red cent, EVER, while costing them whatever it takes to get the proper software installed and working on all those NHRA computers. Add to all that, the likelihood that the poor bastard that would have to make a decision on this rule, would undoubtedly have the classic "deer in the headlights" eyes, after trying to figure it all out...

No, to hit NHRA with a petition on this idea at this time, would be suicidal.

Even if they supported the idea 100-percent, they're VERY UNLIKELY to make such a change, given fiscal conditions and their foreseeable financial future.

Petition???

Not a good idea. A good way to BURY it, probably.

That doesn't mean we can't talk about it.... LOL!"

How is YOUR "reading comprehension???????????"

I assume you read the foregoing, Mr. Fernandez....

The danger is, once a petition has failed, it would take an act of congress ever to reverse that....

Ed knows this.

NOT a good time for a petition. Read that again. I just want to make sure you understand so when you push harder for one, it will be obvious what your motives are.
You didn't get the intent of that post.That stone was meant to have Bill Dedman on it.
FYI.I still think you're a nosey body inflaming this issue where there's no implications for you,period.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #538
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Parts View Post
Looks to me like he got stuck in neutral or jumped into reverse.
Nope Wilcox, you obviously don't know me. I'm just idling through the pits on my way up to the staging lanes.Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
Old 05-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #539
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 515 Times in 188 Posts

Wow....Still trying to give a guy that loses a way to win? He/she has the same opportunity. Cut the best light and run closest to the dial, wins 100% of the time.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #540
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

WOW! you still posting the same thing? Glad to have your input, again, and again, and again! Real informative! Thanks.Jim