HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #51
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Original Hemi Cuda Info.......

August 1968

Two from my home track, Dover Drag Strip - Wingdale, New York

Charlie Castaldo 'SS/B' LO23 Hemi Dart based out of Scarsdale, New York

"Heads Up' - John Macey 'SS/BA' BO29 Hemi Barracuda based out of Bridgeport, Connecticut.

John got this BO29 with help from Harris Auto Sales, East Providence, Rhode Island.

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 05-15-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #52
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/f...hemi_plymouth/

This car is owned by a friend in the Tampa area. Paul occassionally drives it to car shows in the area. He gave me a ride to a show at a Steak & Shake in Tampa about 1-1/2 years ago. Of course he had to show off with some hard shifts. That car is brutal. I think he said it is detuned from what is listed in the article. He gave me a scale model of the car with the pink paint job. He also has a Daytona Charger. I took photos of it with my cell phone, but the photos in the article are probably better. I'm sure Stewart has some good photos of it, so I'll check with him.

Funny how many Mopar guys are in the Tampa Bay area. When I grew up there, I didn't see many Mopars at all. Now there seems to be a lot of them.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #53
Skypower

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'v never seen that car around here but I haven't made it over to Quaker on Thursdays. I never seem to make it back to Tampa in time to head over there before everyone leaves. I work up in Port Richey about 40 miles north and we close at 6 seems like everyone leaves there by 8, so by the time I get back here they are all going home. I miss the old days when the car stuff lasted till 11 or 12 and racers would go off and the rest would go home.
Thanks for sharing I will make an effort to get over there to see if he's around, I would love to see that car up close.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #54
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/f...hemi_plymouth/

This car is owned by a friend in the Tampa area. Paul occassionally drives it to car shows in the area. He gave me a ride to a show at a Steak & Shake in Tampa about 1-1/2 years ago. Of course he had to show off with some hard shifts. That car is brutal. I think he said it is detuned from what is listed in the article. He gave me a scale model of the car with the pink paint job. He also has a Daytona Charger. I took photos of it with my cell phone, but the photos in the article are probably better. I'm sure Stewart has some good photos of it, so I'll check with him.

Funny how many Mopar guys are in the Tampa Bay area. When I grew up there, I didn't see many Mopars at all. Now there seems to be a lot of them.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #55
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Back in the mid 80's, I started getting an accute need to own either an original LO Dart or BO Barracuda. Having owned an original 70 hemi cuda since 1976 the desire to have the ultimate of muscle cars needed to be fullfilled. There were basically 2 cars that stood out above all the rest for me. One was Paul Emiro's Barracuda, the other Tim Hennessey's Hemi Dart. At the time Paul's car was in a pearl white paint. There was some magazine coverage done on both cars, along with a video of a ride along of Paul's car. I must have it bad or something, because I must of watched that video 50 times, maybe more, & studied pictures of those cars for literally hours.
Very few people take these things out to stretch their legs, & I applaude Paul for having the Kahonnies to do that. Let's face it, they were never meant to be drivin on streets & simulate a freakin pissed off bear doing it.
Paul's car never came up for sale, and as carma goes, I now own Tim's car . Hmmm, who woulda thunk it????

liteweight

ps; still own that same 70 cuda today, & that particular Dart's been in my corral since 2001..

pss. Great to see you started this thread skypower. That black Barracuda in your avator yours? Is it a BO?

Last edited by Liteweight; 05-16-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #56
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Back in the mid 80's, I started getting an accute need to own either an original LO Dart or BO Barracuda. Having owned an original 70 hemi cuda since 1976 the desire to have the ultimate of muscle cars needed to be fullfilled. There were basically 2 cars that stood out above all the rest for me. One was Paul Emiro's Barracuda, the other Tim Hennessey's Hemi Dart. At the time Paul's car was in a pearl white paint. There was some magazine coverage done on both cars, along with a video of a ride along of Paul's car. I must have it bad or something, because I must of watched that video 50 times, maybe more, & studied pictures of those cars for literally hours.
Very few people take these things out to stretch their legs, & I applaude Paul for having the Kahonnies to do that. Let's face it, they were never meant to be drivin on streets & simulate a freakin pissed off bear doing it.
Paul's car never came up for sale, and as carma goes, I now own Tim's car . Hmmm, who woulda thunk it????

liteweight

ps; still own that same 70 cuda today, & that particular Dart's been in my corral since 2001..

pss. Great to see you started this thread skypower. That black Barracuda in your avator yours? Is it a BO?
Now we have TWO street legals. One BO and one LO.

Would make a killer picture to see them side by side on a street somewhere.

I would LOVE to be part of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad you are geographically so far apart.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #57
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,658 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
I grew up in St. Pete but never went to Oldsmar when it was active. Robert Fulco took me by there a couple of years ago and it's now a park. The track surface was still there, narrow and bumpy from the looks of it. Bradenton opened up about the time I got my first car, so I went there instead. I swear I walked past Stewart's Duster (ex-Mopar Missile) at Bradenton once circa 1974 and never knew what I was looking at. The Nelson Des Champs name didn't mean anything to me. Only years later when he showed me photos of the car I thought, boy that car looks a lot like the Missile. Then he told me it was!
I have lived in Tampa Bay most of my life. Oldsmar was the first dragstrip I went to. Now I live just a few minutes from where it was located. Now a
Sports park. I did race my street car at Oldsmar a few times. There were lots of really cool cars in the area when I grew up. I have owned my Camaro since I was 17. Now 54.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #58
jackarnew

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypower View Post
Now we're getting some where, Jackarnew do you have any idea where that car is now, or who owns it.
# BO29 M8B 299137- Original S/M Cuda purchased by Sam 4/19/69 then sold to me 2/21/1970 and then went to Robert Carpinet in Washington Pa.7/19/73. Bob Carpinet, his son still has it and is NOT for sale as far as I know.
jackarnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #59
Steve1118

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

This is the original Hemi Cuda that belongs to Jimmy Lydon from Pittsburgh. At one time it was owned by Jimmy DeFrank, and Rick Houser drove it way back. Lydon has had it a long time....and, yes, it is in his game room at his home.

No kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lydon & Johnson Hemi Cuda.jpg
Views:	2944
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	19025  
Steve1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #60
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

The 'only' original BO29 that was New York-based.

Ed Miller, sponsored by the Syracuse Region Plymouth Dealers.

Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote