HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #51
Jim Woods

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Just Sold

Greg, I understand now. I did not work those races and was not aware they had that problem. I always enjoy seeing and talking with you and Andrew and wish you the best for 2013. Jim
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #52
blkjack

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts

With the sale, is the track operator legally bound to honor a contract he has with IHRA? Just wondering if there are tracks out there that would "jump ship" if given the chance. If the contract is with Feld Motorsports I wouldn't think they would have to honor any agreement.

Last edited by blkjack; 01-31-2013 at 08:38 PM.
blkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #53
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 3,087 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjack View Post
With the sale, is the track operator legally bound to honor a contract he has with IHRA? Just wondering if there are tracks out there that would "jump ship" if given the chance. If the contract is with Feld Motorsports I wouldn't think they would have to honor any agreement.
Not sure how that works, but IHRA stands as its own entity that was owned by Feld Motorsports so I would assume the contracts would be with IHRA and not Feld. So I would assume that unless there was an out clause in the event of a sale or bankruptcy the tracks are still binded to the new owners.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #54
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 204 Times in 82 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
This is a great post.I wish the new owners well,but I have always said that IHRA could have a $20,000 to win race with $1000 for all first round losers and FREE entry and most would still not attend the race,even if they lived 10 miles away.
x2 for this one as well. That was a major bummer that San Antonio had such a poor attendance for a race that should've had the pits full of class racers...not to mention racers who lived much closer than I, the guy who showed up from Michigan, and Matt Hawk. Oh well, with what's going on here in Az, it's possible that after April gets here the only track my state will have will be an IHRA track...Southwestern International Raceway! Now, if only these new owners will offer the Pro-Am classes at their Nitro Jam race???
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 02-03-2013 at 05:41 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #55
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 204 Times in 82 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

I also hope the new owners will bring the Pro-Am divisional series out to their/our Division 7 region. Heck if we lose both Speedworld & Firebird Intl. Raceway, then IHRA's Div. 7 will geographically be closer to get to than NHRA's D7. Given that NHRA doesn't seem to care about western geographics (or restructuring the divisional layout), like they did in both the NFL, and NBA, but they sure liked copying the "Governators" doubling of licensing costs (thus using it to increase the costs of our competition numbers)! Isn't it interesting that the NHRA is copying the IHRA's format for National Dragster magazines becoming bi-weekly, and going to an online magazine offering, however while they reduce the number of magazines we get, the cost stays the same? Go figure....
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote