HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #611
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Jimmy,
I spoke with Ralph Costello (who bought Charlie's second Dart) some time ago and he told me that just about everything that was not structural (fenders ect...) were attached with fiberglass bolts. Remember that Charlie was in the Crane business and the buckets and and attaching hardware were not supposed to be conductive in case they hit power lines. The current owners verified that these were in place when they got the car.

Mark J
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #612
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarn05 View Post
well i got some information regarding daryl's dart today, i talked to tony ?(his last name slips me now, he is ron and rick rickman's brother in law,he worked for castaldo, he said the dart that my dad and uncle had is not the castaldo car , the castaldo car had earmark things that he would have remembered when he saw the car in 1982 1983 at my dads shop , he also told me that the car he was worked on (suspension) in 69 through early 1970's was # 50 from the production line, he also said that the car had everything possible in the front end suspension made from titanium. he re counted the castaldo car that was crashed at e town got loose from oil on the track and had no trick front end suspension parts.

Daryl i have combed through thousands of pictures, i cannot find the pictures of the dart from when my dad got it, i am missing a large container of race car pictures dating from 1964-5 all the way through 1985 or so.

daryl what is the production number of your car? i asked tony if he was familiar with any darts from the peekskill ny area that were painted similar to castaldos cars and he said no,tony remembered the dart when he came to look at it and remembers it looked just like castaldos car (paint etc) but was not it .he also told me the car he worked on was an automatic car.

so i have just one question what was the car my dad had in the barn that had the complete trans tunnel cut out and what happened to it? another lost hemi car!!!!!
Hey Jimi
Good to hear from you again. Right now, my car is the #7 car known to exist in the first production run. I knew it was just a matter of time before you found out that what I was trying to tell you, was exactly what my car is. You just needed a little first hand info from the guys who worked on Castaldo's cars to see what I was talking about. Glad we're on the same page now.
Now, we just gotta get some info. to continue on the right trail. Right now I am looking at the possibility of it being the "Wild Fire" Dart because of some similar things I've seen in photos, but haven't been able to get much further than that. Mark J. has some leads he's looking at but I haven't got an update on them yet.
Thanx for the persistance in the picture search. I appreciate it. Hopefully, you'll find them one day. It sure will help in this search.

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #613
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Daryl,

That 'Wild Fire' car has some paint scheme similarities.
Study it closely.

pc
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #614
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ceasrine View Post
Daryl,

That 'Wild Fire' car has some paint scheme similarities.
Study it closely.

pc
Paul, Are you seeing something I'm not???.

Liteweight
Daryl
Old 01-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #615
JCShiels

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello Guys,
A few months ago I was contacted by Mark Janaky because I had mentioned on another forum that I had worked at Town and Country Dodge in Farmington Michigan from 1969-1971. He was interested in any information I had concerning the ownership of a 68 Hemi SS Dart that was sponsored by Town and Country. I did not correctly remember (I'm 60 years old now) the name of the car at first, but when I saw the photo he sent me of "Wild Fire" I remembered it. Anyway The car had it's beginning in Michigan, not Ohio. If you are interested I can give more details later.
JCS
JCShiels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #616
Liteweight
VIP Member

Hi JC
Glad you found this post on this forum. Welcome .
I am definately interested in more info on the Wild Fire Dart, since there are similarities to the car I now own. I will PM you my phone # & personal email address. Looking forward to our conversation.

liteweight
Daryl
Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #617
JCShiels

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Daryl,
I replied to your PM but I'm not sure I did it right. I also emailed some other information, did you get it?
JCS
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #618
Liteweight
VIP Member

JC
Yes, you did the PM right, & I got your email.Thanx for the info between Mark & yourself. I will give you a call in the next few days.

Liteweight
Daryl
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #619
JCShiels

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Daryl,
In your origional post you attached some photos of your car from about 1985, I cannot see them, they seemed to have vanished. Could you re-post them or direct me to where I could view them. Thanks!
Jim Shiels
Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #620
Liteweight
VIP Member

Hi Jim
I think after a certain duration of time, the site deletes them??? Anyway here are a few that I haven't posted before,it seems this site won't let me upload pictures that have been attached before. I'll send you others to your personal email address. I'll give you a call Saturday Jan.8

Liteweight
Daryl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	As Bought 1985_0003.jpg
Views:	2453
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	6120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Decal.jpg
Views:	1844
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	6121   Click image for larger version