HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #621
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Jim, I've seen enough of your posts in the lounge to know your views. Many of them sound like they just fell out of glen beck's rear. That part was a joke. But when somebody builds a car knowing the rules, then expects a rule changed and some software re-written to make their life easier, it sounds like they maybe talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Looking for a little Obama care are ya? LOL
I understood the rules when I put mine together, I don't need handouts.

When are you guys going to do something other than talk?
Ed, explain to ME (not Jim,) where's the "handout" for a rule that treats EVERYBODY THE SAME, instead of favoring one segment over the other, like it is, now????

The sodftware re-write will make EVERYONE'S life easier, unless you're running a SS/A car, and all it will do to that car, is put it on equal footing with everybody else... no more "handouts" (free rides.)

If you disagree with this assessment, please tell me what it is about everybody running under the SAME red light jeopardy that you object to.

Where's the handout???? I;m listening (for an answer to that question... don't change the subject, please...) I want to know what's wrong, in your mind, with rules that treat everybody the same.

Please answer that.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #622
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Hey Bill, you better head on over to the ER. Your forehead must be bleeding badly by now! Jim

Use 'worse' if you're comparing two things: "I think eggplant is worse than squash, but that's just my opinion."

Use 'worst' if you're comparing multiple things: "I disagree. Eggplant and boiled cabbage are both vile, but squash is the worst!"

Once again, we agree; I used pizza; you used eggplant... but it always takes at least three things to have a "worst."
Old 05-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #623
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Unhappy Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
Ed, explain to ME (not Jim,) where's the "handout" for a rule that treats EVERYBODY THE SAME, instead of favoring one segment over the other, like it is, now????

The sodftware re-write will make EVERYONE'S life easier, unless you're running a SS/A car, and all it will do to that car, is put it on equal footing with everybody else... no more "handouts" (free rides.)

If you disagree with this assessment, please tell me what it is about everybody running under the SAME red light jeopardy that you object to.

Where's the handout???? I;m listening (for an answer to that question... don't change the subject, please...) I want to know what's wrong, in your mind, with rules that treat everybody the same.

Please answer that.
Bill,
Forget Ed. He is incapable of processing and understanding the written word. I will no longer respond to his repetitive nonsense. No matter what is posted here, whether it is fact or opinion, he simply can not understand it. He continues to post the same thing over and over again. He will now come back and tell me again to call NHRA and that I love Obama. It is truly sad. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #624
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Wahl
Hey Bill, you better head on over to the ER. Your forehead must be bleeding badly by now! Jim

Use 'worse' if you're comparing two things: "I think eggplant is worse than squash, but that's just my opinion."

Use 'worst' if you're comparing multiple things: "I disagree. Eggplant and boiled cabbage are both vile, but squash is the worst!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
Once again, we agree; I used pizza; you used eggplant... but it always takes at least three things to have a "worst."

Since you guys don't have a clue................

The policy that you are attempting to correct is the policy known as "First or Worst" not first or worse.....

If you didn't understand the content of my prior sentence, feel free to make all of the grammatical corrections that you like....

I think I will sign off with...

Have a nice day....

Bob

PS.

I can't say what I want to say because it will get me tossed off of this forum...
Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #625
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got an idea. How about at a specialty race be it S/SS or brackets lets give it a try? If the software is there, try it. Going to have to test it to see how it works anyway. Who is would try a race with it? You know the HRA's won't make a change without testing and if someone else does it and it works the will look at making a change.

Jeff
Old 05-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #626
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,601 Times in 1,741 Posts

Car A redlights

Car B crosses the centerline, .....worse , Car A gets a win ticket

Car A proceeds to the scale, is light, gets tossed

Car B had the worst infraction, but they're both still out.

I don't know how this all relates ,but it's an example of "worst"

Anyway , you guys are pretty much on the same side of this debate.You ought to quit arguing about it ..LOL
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #627
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Car A redlights

Car B crosses the centerline, .....worse , Car A gets a win ticket

Car A proceeds to the scale, is light, gets tossed

Car B had the worst infraction, but they're both still out.

I don't know how this all relates ,but it's an example of "worst"

Anyway , you guys are pretty much on the same side of this debate.You ought to quit arguing about it ..LOL
What you say is 100-percent keyrect, Mark, but you're talking about "infractions," and I'm talking about red lights.

Since there's only two competitors, and it takes three of ANYthing, to have a "worst," There can never be a "worst red light."

Only worse.

How many ways can this subject of a "worse red light" be muddied up, and made to seem ambiguous, when the fix is so simple?

I have a list as long as your arm from people who don't understand this, because they don't WANT to understand it, who introduce impertinent facets to the basic argument, whose only interest in the discussion is to add situations and possibilities to the situation that have nothing to do with the basic premise (that all drivers, regardless of handicap, reaction time, or dial-in) EACH deserve a chance to red light.

People want to talk about deep-staging, clean trees, wheelspin, and anything under the sun to divert attention away from the basic question of, "Is everbody facing equal red light jeopardy."

The answer is of course, "NO, not until this rule is changed."

Not a dead horse, unless you have a hidden agenda, and feel like, somehow, SOME cars just naturally deserve a break.

I don't think so....

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-21-2011 at 11:30 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #628
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Jeff, the software would have to be changed. You lose many that way?

Bill, I call asking (you haven't yet) for a software re-write and rule change, especially AFTER you build a car knowing the long standing rules, a hand out. JMHO
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #629
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Smile Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:

Bill, I call asking (you haven't yet) for a software re-write and rule change, especially AFTER you build a car knowing the long standing rules, a hand out. JMHO
That is so ABSURD !!
As are most of your "I don't care either way" posts..... you care but I can't figure out why !
What is your agenda ?
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #630
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:

If you don't realize it; unfair is unfair, no matter if Bill Dedman races, or not.

I'm just not that important... but thanks for the compliment.

When ALL CARS are subject to the SAME red light jeopardy, then I won't have a gripe.

If you don't realize that this rule affects EVERYBODY (Not just Bill Dedman,) then I've been wasting my time.

Why put up with this antiquated rule that treats different racvers differently, when if can be fixed so that EVERYBODY gets the same chance to red light? MY standing as a current racer has less than nothing to do with that.

Can you understand THAT?