HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #51
Sal Biondo
Sponsor

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Lloyd Mackay

That's for sure. Alan did a great job and composed himself very well. There wasn't a dry eye from coast to coast. RIP Lloyd. He will certainly be missed.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #52
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts

I got to tell ya all how great the tribute turned out. Lloyds wife and son were there, in excess of 100 racers and friends, including Jason Line and Jack Beckman. It was impossible to count. My only regret is that his many east coast friends couldn't be here to feel the love.

As has been said, Alan did a magnificent job. We sat down with him for a short time and explained some of Lloyd's life, and he handled the rest!!

I know that there are a bunch of others that would have loved to be there, because he really did make a huge impresion on many, many people.

Thanks for everybody's comments, they have been spot on.

His personal affairs will be handled by a close and trusted group of friends. Monica and Donald were blown away by the support of all the people that attended.

B.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I think it's fitting this is the last video I post from Vegas.

Godspeed, Lloyd.

Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #54
Jim Young

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Jim Young

An excellent tribute, indeed!

FYI I'm going to be printing photos to be displayed at the services in NJ. I don't have all that many. If anyone has any photos you wish to add, please email them to me at nhra1209@aol.com and I'll do my best to get them printed up and displayed for everyone to remember Lloyd and enjoy.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Young
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #55
Brett Brown

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
I got to tell ya all how great the tribute turned out. Lloyds wife and son were there, in excess of 100 racers and friends, including Jason Line and Jack Beckman. It was impossible to count. My only regret is that his many east coast friends couldn't be here to feel the love.

As has been said, Alan did a magnificent job. We sat down with him for a short time and explained some of Lloyd's life, and he handled the rest!!

I know that there are a bunch of others that would have loved to be there, because he really did make a huge impresion on many, many people.

Thanks for everybody's comments, they have been spot on.

His personal affairs will be handled by a close and trusted group of friends. Monica and Donald were blown away by the support of all the people that attended.

B.
Bernie, kudos to you and all involved in making the tribute happen.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #56
billy leber

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Tribute was as good as is gets . Not a dry eye in this house.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #57
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 185 Times in 81 Posts

Going all the way back to my early days at Island Dragway, Lloyd was always a great guy to be around.. always there with help or info if you were struggling.. after his move West, I would see his name on the sheets at most races and would think back to the Good Ol Daze at Island.. to my pleasant surprise, when racing in Pomona last season, I heard a familiar voice in the staging lanes saying "HEY CHARLIE!!!.. who the hell let you in here??".. it was a good feeling, and a great day..

Lloyd MacKay will be truly missed by NHRA Sportsmen from coast to coast.. it was great to have raced with, against him, and just to have know him.. RIP Lloyd!!!!
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #58
Barb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The services for Lloyd MacKay are being held at the “Bizub-Parker Funeral Home”. Physical Address is: 47 Main Street Little Falls, NJ. 07424 973-256-4700.
Visitation hours are Wednesday April 4th (One Day) 2-4pm and 7-9pm with a service at 8:45pm. Here is the link
http://obit.bizub.com/obitdisplay.html?id=1056463

Thank you to everyone involved in making the Tribute happen, it was perfect.

Lloyd’s going to miss one of his favorite Steak Nights this Friday….Best night to have a good steak with no wait is……. Good Friday of course…he won’t actually miss it, he’ll be sitting right next to us and his Steak will be just the way he likes it, and not be sent back to the kitchen once.

Barb & Tom Seemann S/G S/C
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #59
Grayhound

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Too all that attended the services for LLoyd on Wednesday and Thursday a big thank you for the support shown for Monica and Donald and their relatives and for the support of one and other.As they say,"the staging lanes where packed" and standing room only.We kinda knew LLoyd had a wide circle of influence but the response was awe inspiring. Too the friends and families out West you are, without a doubt, a most thoughtfull and classy group any one could ask for.We saw The Tribute and your are correct,not a dry eye in our house.Now we know why LLoyd moved out there and we envy him for it. Paul,Bernie,Harry and Dan, LLoyd thought the world of you and mentioned at least one if not all during every phone conversation we had. Darn we miss him alot, but we am happy to say he gave us all goals to try to achieve in humility,modesty and friendship. Rest in Peace LLoyd, our pal.Very warm regards, JD and Barbara Lobosco.
Grayhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #60
twoputt9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Having not been in the super stock circle a long time, Lloyd was one of the first people I was to meet and compete against. He indeed made an impression and that joyful presence will definately be missed. RIP Lloyd

Mike
twoputt9 is offline   Reply With Quote