HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #61
S/G 386N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to S/G 386N
Default Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

I say leave the class racing alone. Maybe it's because I'm finally figuring it out, and have a car that is pretty consistant. I won 3 rounds at US Nationals in S/G back in '06. I think it was the first rounds I had ever won in that class, so needless to say, I got pretty lucky. If it wasn't for getting to jumpy on the line and going .141 red I think, might have gone more rounds. Two cars later, and I'm finally winning rounds on a consistant basis. If only I could cut consistant lights, I'd be golden. I am also a fast car now, which might help. Running about 162mph. I do know several people that have done very well, and they are running flat out to get to 9.90. One of them won 6 rounds at US Nationals, beeting Mike Ruff in round 4, and Dan Fletcher in round 5, by not letting Fletcher play his staging games. http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2007#indextop

Personally, I like watching the sportsman races more. This year at US Nationals, I think I watched Saturday night qualifying, and that was the only pro runs I saw. The .90 classes I think are more fun that bracket because it's a lot harder to figure out. I have even run on the throttle stop to go bracket racing, just to mess with people. You also run into a lot more side by side racing with the .90 classes. I love being bumper to bumper with someone going down the track and daring each other to take the stripe. Last year I hated being in a 7.60 dragster, bracket racing against 12 second cars. You come up on them so fast, you don't know who is going to take the stripe.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #62
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Arnold Jr. View Post
All I can say on this subject ,,,, is If you gona go to a gunfight ,,, you better take a real gun !!

I've been fighting with a knife ( Small Block Chevy ) for the last few years and getting killed , regardless of how good I could use my knife ,,,This year I went out and bought the same gun as the winners on this board ( A REAL BIG BLOCK )

Colorful Big Block Beliver Racer
I was just watching some show about the mob, and they were interviewing this infamous mob assassin. What made him particularly interesting was that he did all his killing with a knife. His comment: "Anybody can kill with a gun. It takes a REAL man to kill somebody with a knife."

I totally agree.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #63
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
I was just watching some show about the mob, and they were interviewing this infamous mob assassin. What made him particularly interesting was that he did all his killing with a knife. His comment: "Anybody can kill with a gun. It takes a REAL man to kill somebody with a knife."

I totally agree.

BANG!! That's the sound of the guy with the knife hitting the floor as he walks toward you.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #64
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

"thats a double edged sword...! "
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #65
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Do we have to start this stuff so early.....can't we wait till the middle of winter.....I think if a vote was taken....it would be a landslide for timers....

and the bigger the gun ...the better.....

although Gary kind if makes me nervous with his scenario....

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #66
mcaruso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoFast View Post
BANG!! That's the sound of the guy with the knife hitting the floor as he walks toward you.
Well said my friend!
mcaruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #67
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, but I only have a knife, and I can't afford a gun right now, so I want to talk everyone else into trading their guns in for knives Ironically, I have many more shooting trophies than racing trophies from the past 10 years!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #68
Jason Oldfield

Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
although Gary kind if makes me nervous with his scenario....
The funny thing is that its usually the Italians that bring the knife to the gun fight! Didn't any of you see The Untouchables?

So, how come that's not true in D1???

And actually "Thud" is the sound of the guy hitting the floor. "Bang" is the sound right before!

Down with timers! Speed limits! Outlaw big blocks!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #69
Jason Oldfield

On a slightly more serious note, how about a weight break for small blocks? There are already weight breaks in place in S/G for 4-cyl and 6-cyl engines (I don't think I've ever seen one run though). So, how about anyone under a 400 cid limit gets a 200 lb. weight break (2600 lbs. - same as IHRA Hot Rod)?

I'm not saying it will happen because all you big block wussies will start whining about it, but it's just a thought....
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #70
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
On a slightly more serious note, how about a weight break for small blocks? There are already weight breaks in place in S/G for 4-cyl and 6-cyl engines (I don't think I've ever seen one run though). So, how about anyone under a 400 cid limit gets a 200 lb. weight break (2600 lbs. - same as IHRA Hot Rod)?

I'm not saying it will happen because all you big block wussies will start whining about it, but it's just a thought....

There was a really nice 6 cylinder box Nova that ran D1 in S/G in late 90s ,early 00s, unique sound for sure.