HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #61
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Sedan Deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Heres a '55 that a buddy of mine picked up around '72 that had a great gasser look, with the straight axle, radiused wheel wells, the classic Cragar S/S rims, no front bumper and a killer stance. It had a mild 327, a Muncie 4 speed and 5:38gears. A diamond tucked interior throughout, a recessed license plate on the tailgate and a unique feature, a Dodge Charger gas cap on the left rear quarter. Being a heavy ride, it went 13.20s back then. I remember in '73 VW came out with a shade called Sun Bug Gold, and he painted the sedan delivery that color and it really popped. He sold it after a couple years and we lost track of it until the early '90s when it showed up at the Seattle Super Chevy Show, wearing this cool green hue. I don't know where it is today,,, somebody has probably returned it to stock appearance,, I hope not.
Danny Durham
Now this '55 Chevy looks 'trick'...looks like it ended up with a cross ram intake on it.

Last edited by Hemi Moose; 01-13-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #62
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 948 Times in 262 Posts

Danny,Did that car become the orange "Abbotts Habit" SD from the Seattle area I remember from the mid-late 70`s?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #63
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Sedan Deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Danny,Did that car become the orange "Abbotts Habit" SD from the Seattle area I remember from the mid-late 70`s?
Sorry Rory,, not the same rig. Jim Abbott's "Abbott's Habbot" was not a sedan delivery, and both vehicles were around at the same time.
Heres Jim running in Gas class at the Olympia All Pro series #2 event at Seattle in '74.
Danny Durham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0058.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	15205  
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #64
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 948 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Sorry Rory,, not the same rig. Jim Abbott's "Abbott's Habbot" was not a sedan delivery, and both vehicles were around at the same time.
Heres Jim running in Gas class at the Olympia All Pro series #2 event at Seattle in '74.
Danny Durham
Thanks Danny, I guess my memory is fading as the years pile up. I do reconize that 69 Mustang in the other lane. Around 1980, Jeff Whittig took me to a house in Port Orchard WA where that car was for sale, a guy named George Hadler, I believe owned it, it had been run in SS/G or H in the 70`s. It ended up as a bracket car in Bremerton , owned by a Marine, who called the car "Gunneys Toy".
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #65
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Danny, I guess my memory is fading as the years pile up. I do reconize that 69 Mustang in the other lane. Around 1980, Jeff Whittig took me to a house in Port Orchard WA where that car was for sale, a guy named George Hadler, I believe owned it, it had been run in SS/G or H in the 70`s. It ended up as a bracket car in Bremerton , owned by a Marine, who called the car "Gunneys Toy".
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #66
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMAN BARNARD View Post
Hey, jim roundtree, i use to use the same trick when i was running the "go army car" '55 chev. Back in the seventy's. Out of ft. Hood. We used two windshield washer set up over the rear tires that the driver could activate with a button !!!! No water, mixture of vht and alcohol.....worked really good if your alone at the races or if track prep sucked........after the race you better do maintenance of cleaning the system or else.....
Norman,

I arrived at Ft. Hood just after the Army dissolved the Team and it was a big disappointment to me. I had my '64 Max Wedge Dodge so we raced out at Little River and San Antonio while I was there.

Jim
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #67
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: Sedan Deliveries

Quote:
Rory,,, I know what you mean about that 'ol memory thing. Mines gone too!
Heres some shots I took of my favorite rides of George Hadler and the late Jeff Wittig:
Photo 1: George's Nova at Bremerton points meet in '74.
Photo 2: George at the first Fallnationals,, Seattle in '75.
Photos 3 & 4: Jeff's '68 Mustang at Fallnationals in '80.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0066.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	15276   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0067.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	15277   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0069.jpg
Views:	178