HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #71
Paul Precht

Liked 242 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: ISLAND DRAG-WAY..Hackettstown NJ-Good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
island has the full rest of the year schedule posted on there website, Im sure if they get someone to sponsor an event they will edit it, but it goes all the way to December www.islanddragway.com
Did they always run into Dec, this is good IMO. How's the traction on test and tune days for a stocker
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #72
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

I raced a B/SA LT-1 Firebird there one week before the Dutch in 2011

It was my old car lent to me by Larry Pappas for a couple races

I raced the footbrake gamblers race and went to the final...and that round I spun but it hooked every other run. I was tightening the front struts as it was pulling the front wheels pretty high and it ended up too tight....I had very good 60' times all the other runs.....Very low 1.30's

So the hook back then was just fine......and it was a T&T day
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #73
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Sunday T&T was very good in the past.
At the end of the day when what ever show was over the pits would empty out. Have made runs every 20 minutes over a 2 hour period cooling and making tuning changes between. Personnel was very accommodating to class cars and the track was good.
Hope they still are willing to allow us to test this way.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #74
Paul Precht

Liked 242 Times in 94 Posts

Wow, I'll have to make it there this year, Sunday and Monday are my days off. It's about 25 miles further than Numidia but a nice 45 degree day in November would be fun. Growing up on Long Island we always raced until Christmas at West Hampton then the track reopened again the 2nd week of January.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #75
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 428 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by callinuout View Post
i think u should stop bye so we can welcome u opening day!
got previous plans!

You see while you and the rest of the test/tune crowd, the nostalgic crowd, along with some local bracket racers that continue to justify their reasons for wanting to race there, are at island this weekend, immersed in self induced euphoria, I will be at the shangri la of dragstrips here in Division 1, Numidia Dragway, Home of The Guaranteed Payout as well back to back Team Championships, just as I am every weekend where in addition to having the little things like maintained grounds, running water, clean bathrooms your wife and kids would use, a consession stand that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner whose food rivals the best dinners and delis of NYC along with italian ices, sausage and pepper sandwiches that on par with the best little italy has to offer, they also sell race fuel, imagine that and Hooiser tires too, stocking the popular sizes and can mount and balance them for you right on the premises. Lastly, they also have a picnic area and fenced in playground for the little kids. Not only racer friendly but family friendly too!

What about the racing? On Saturday not only we will be racing for $2,500 to win in Super Pro for a $65 entry, $1,500 to win in Pro for a $50 entry and $1,000 to win in Street for a $35 entry on the best prepped track in the division, but we will also be treated to a funny car match race and a fireworks spectatular that rivals macy's fireworks show in NYC and if that wasn't enough, we'll race for the same purses on Sunday!

So, you see, I'll have to pass but anytime you feel so inclined, you know where to find me!

Last edited by 1320racer; 07-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #76
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Ed ....We are making the trip to Numidia for this weekends races and I am hungry just reading your post...

Me and Lou and his family.......

I will have my Lance Camper loaded up....

He is bringing a rented M-H and we are staying over friday night thru sunday.....

Looking forward to a nice hot weekend up on the hill.....have not been there since the last Lucas Oil Series race in 2004......and I was in the race till rd 4 or 5....and it was hot as blazes that day....In 2004 the track was owned by Max Nailor and was fine but I know Bob D. has done a great job since then...

I exited Rt 80 at the Buckhorn Exit back then.....My GPS says exit sooner at the Rt 11 exit.....and then rt 487....???? Whats the best route.....The one on my GPS is shorter by a good 10 miles but looks like it goes right into the main town area of Bloomsburg I think it was..

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 07-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #77
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 428 Times in 206 Posts

Rich, good to hear you and Lou are going to join us, exit at 242 and go through Bloomsburg, route 11 to 487

Last edited by 1320racer; 07-01-2013 at 05:32 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #78
Carl Juliano

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts

whose food rivals the best dinners and delis of NYC along with italian ices, sausage and pepper sandwiches that on par with the best little italy has to offer

a fireworks spectatular that rivals macy's fireworks show in NYC

I just LMAO at these statements...............maybe you should stop eating the mushrooms in the pit area dude............really?.......lol
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #79
TBR151J

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Carl,

1320 is pretty correct in his observations, Bob DiMino and the entire DiMino family have done an awesome job up there and continue to every year, and this is from someone who has been all over Division 1 and seen the best and worst that the Northeast has to offer (along with a couple of joint in Division 2, Indy, a the imfamous Bunker Hill Dragstrip, and Pomona).

I highly recommend getting up there if you haven't already and having a nice sausage sandwich with a knish washed down with some blue birch bear and some spimoni ice...lol

Glad to hear Island is back in action minus all of the problems...no need to lose another track in NJ, just hope things improve from what we had when we were there running Jrs. and such...kind of spoiled with my last 2 years racing where I was...

Oh, by the way...Numidia owned and operated by those who used to run at Island...lessons learned?

Frankie Cicerale
Street 151J
S/C 151J
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
Carl Juliano

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts

Frankie,
Numidia is a great track, no doubt, and the food was always good. I always enjoyed racing there.

But I find those comparisons a little "hard to take seriously" He is getting a little carried away.
Im glad he enjoys the food and Fireworks

Rivals Macys.....really?......lol
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote