HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #81
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Live from the Summit Nationals at Las Vegas

I was sure hopeing your great live reporting wasn't interfering with your concentration on raceday. Good to see we had nothing to worry about. Great job.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #82
Ron Middleton

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Congrats Toby and Jody. Job well done.
#4892 J/SA. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
- Aristotle
Ron Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #83
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lang View Post
Man, am I lucky. It was the typical deal in the lanes with nobody wanting to go up. They said they were going to start running Stock. There was only one pair up there and I figured I'm ready so let's go.

When I got to the front of the lanes they had already sent the first pair around the tower, so I started to get my belts on. By the time I got around the tower, the first pair was already in the water. Then they motioned for us to go out. About 20 feet across the line I remembered I forgot to put the last number of my dial-in on. I thought, oh well, not much I can do now.

I thought he was dialed pretty soft. He ran a 13.02 last night and was dialed a 13.09. I was pretty sure it wasn't .07 slower than yesterday and I'm thinking the only way I'm going to win this is if he breaks out. I'm shifting the car a little higher this year so there's not much I can pick up there. I was going to put an 11.86 on and it would have ran an 11.87 all out.

Maybe it's my day.

-Toby
Toby,
You were right, it wasn't .07 slower, but I thought it would be 4-5 anyways. We had no tail wind, and worse air, so I figured I was safe. My car was on a pass from hell, and I had no idea. I scrubbed a bunch of ET, plus 10mph, and still broke out by almost .07. Go figure. I think you being dialed too hard, and me being to soft, plus .04 on the tree, put us so far apart that I figured you were broke. That is what I get for thinking, and nice job on the win. You deserve it.
mopar jeff is offline   Reply With Quote