Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #151
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Tru start poll Division 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Storms View Post
Exactly..........Firesale, donkeys eat there own grass.
What if they walk in somebody s yard that is not their own then its not their grass we have seen people to tell us to give our input one division voting don't mean squat to make it work you better get NHRA to allow it my donkey will roam
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #152
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm going to the moon be back on the 1st if you reply you will have bad luck! DONKEY will be flying
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #153
Pat Brooks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Tru start poll Division 6

James , I'm with the rest of the slow cars . I vote for Tru Start .
Pat Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #154
Chris Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes on Tru Start.
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #155
Neil Smedley

Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts

Unless you have a stocker that will go 8.40`s.......Your all in the slow stocker group
Neil Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #156
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,626 Times in 1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Smedley View Post
Unless you have a stocker that will go 8.40`s.......Your all in the slow stocker group
Neil you just nailed this, a majority of the A,B,C, cars are against tru start but it could work in their advantage when running against the newer cars...blown mustangs,copos, and the remaining drag packs...
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #157
Neil Smedley

Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts

I just love it when someone agrees with me...lol....I don`t look at this situation as advantages or disadvantages..Just the LONG overdue implementation of a level playing field. I blame NHRA for not addressing this inequity a LONG time ago............
Neil Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #158
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
I just love it when someone agrees with me...lol....I don`t look at this situation as advantages or disadvantages..Just the LONG overdue implementation of a level playing field. I blame NHRA for not addressing this inequity a LONG time ago............
Just don't get too comfortable with people agreeing with you......

It might not happen again................
Old 12-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #159
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
I have known Neil for a long time he has discussed and addressed this matter for many years.

Still remember when Bill Kost, (RIP), addressed this matter to NHRA many times and also sent a letter I drafted for him in the late 1990's to higher ups in Glendora and all the Division Directors.

I also believe that in the early days of the internet, Bill also asked Toby Lang to post a poll asking the question either on AOL or the former Dale Rethke website. Cannot recall the final results of the voting, however, I recall the fast cars were against it too.

At the time, Bill's position was when a slower car turns the red light first, is giving a free test and tune pass to the faster car.

The verbal response by NHRA to Bill's letter was they may consider it if the technology by the timing/Christmas tree manufacturer was available.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #160
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
I have known Neil for a long time he has discussed and addressed this matter for many years.

Still remember when Bill Kost, (RIP), addressed this matter to NHRA many times and also sent a letter I drafted for him in the late 1990's to higher ups in Glendora and all the Division Directors.

I also believe that in the early days of the internet, Bill also asked Toby Lang to post a poll asking the question either on AOL or the former Dale Rethke website. Cannot recall the final results of the voting, however, I recall the fast cars were against it too.

At the time, Bill's position was when a slower car turns the red light first, is giving a free test and tune pass to the faster car.

The verbal response by NHRA to Bill's letter was they may consider it if the technology by the timing/Christmas tree manufacturer was available.
If the “computer programming” used to figure out simple, kindergarten-like equations at the finish line were possible 40 years ago…and they were…what in the Hell was so difficult applying that same “programming” to the starting line?

It wasn’t. It never has been. If you could figure out things at the finish line, which was based on simple data inputs from several clocks and doing some math, adding the results from an additional set of inputs from the starting line to the decision of which win light to turn on would have been no problem.

This has always been centered around common, simple “if-then-else-endif” statements in programming. There has NEVER been anything technically difficult about installing a “worst red light” system in drag racing. If you could do finish line decisions in which “win light” to turn on, you sure as Hell could include, in your “if-then-else-endif” statement, the clock inputs from the starting line.

None of this…even going back to the seventies…has ever been high-tech or difficult to do.

It’s borderline criminal “worst” red light wasn’t instituted decades ago.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote