Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #31
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 846 Times in 193 Posts
Default Re: Dallas or Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
I also hear they are not going to put up all those hospitality suites and motorhome parking on the pit side to let us sportsman park there. And they aren't even going to set up a huge Traxxas display with dirt track and all. That's going to save about 45 sportsman spots. They also aren't going to have all those T-shirt factories set up in the pits. There is another 30 spots. Man, Rumor has it we are all going to be on the blacktop. And those who aren't will have the grass coated in a special compound developed by D, that is if they don't get tangled up at the scales.

Well you might get your chance now Hagen. I have info that has RVs already parked on the pit side in their normal spots sold by the track. Don't know about the rest of the rumors, but that one doesn't seem that it's going to happen, unless they move them out. That seems unlikely since they let them park there today.
Brett C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #32
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,886 Times in 642 Posts

My first thought was that the sportsman racers need to unite and withdraw in protest, this surely would get NHRA's attention and possibly get something done about this situation.
After some consideration I've come to the conclusion that they extended the withdrawal period hoping that everyone would, so that in my opinion shows they really could care less.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #33
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 846 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
My first thought was that the sportsman racers need to unite and withdraw in protest, this surely would get NHRA's attention and possibly get something done about this situation.
After some consideration I've come to the conclusion that they extended the withdrawal period hoping that everyone would, so that in my opinion shows they really could care less.
I agree with you. All rumors running around like crazy. Yet not one factual statement or update from NHRA or the track to assist racers in making their decisions. Aren't we all dues paying members? Sad.

Last edited by Brett C; 04-21-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Brett C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #34
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

Brett i am with you. were would they park the Sportsmen!!!! there is no hard ground to park now that the motorhomes are parked behind the grandstands. i hope they figure out something.

Last edited by sammy pizzolato; 04-21-2015 at 08:44 PM.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #35
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

As the result of hard work by the Royal Purple Raceway staff and favorable weather, pit parking will begin tomorrow at 2:00 PM and continue till 6:00 PM for competitors in Comp, SS, STK, SC, SG, SST, TD and TS. Competitors in these categories will need to proceed to the Gate 3 where they will be directed to a holding lot. Access to the holding lot will open tomorrow at 1:00 PM. Upon arrival, competitors will be issued a number based on the order in which they arrived. An NHRA Pit Control official will direct competitors from the holding lot to the facility for parking. Anyone arriving past 6:00 PM will be stacked in the holding lot at Gate 3 till pit parking resumes on Thursday at 8:00 AM.

There you go guys. Just posted on NHRARACER. It remains to be seen if the weather does puts a hamper on things, but I'm glad we didn't ruin a National Event, even though some tried real hard to. I don't blame some for having a little PTSD from 2013 but it sure is looking like there will be no problems. With only 250 sportsman who stuck with it, we should all have a decent spot in the pits. I'm assuming NHRA won't let you guys back in the race now? Thats a tough shake.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #36
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If there is 250 sportsman there that's awesome! Hope yall get to race! But let's be honest there was over 500 racers in Dallas so did NHRA make the right choice??
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 PM   #37
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Teuton View Post
If there is 250 sportsman there that's awesome! Hope yall get to race! But let's be honest there was over 500 racers in Dallas so did NHRA make the right choice??
While we are being honest, the quota for all sportsman is 416 if the fields were full. And they never fill up at Houston. They lost less than 100 cars, and that's a pretty good hit. That's $10,000 in insurance they aren't getting from the sportsman, plus all the entry fees and Crew tickets they lost from people who based their decision on the pit conditions in the past. I'll be sure to post some pictures for you to see what they have done to them this year.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #38
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
While we are being honest, the quota for all sportsman is 416 if the fields were full. And they never fill up at Houston. They lost less than 100 cars, and that's a pretty good hit. That's $10,000 in insurance they aren't getting from the sportsman, plus all the entry fees and Crew tickets they lost from people who based their decision on the pit conditions in the past. I'll be sure to post some pictures for you to see what they have done to them this year.
WOW Hagen you did the numbers and NHRA took a Big hit. they must be reading all of our post's and looks like it struck a NERVE!!!!! and they made the track go to WORK !!. that would be great if you would take some pic's and post them. and i guess for us that pulled out helped make room for our Sportsmen friends. i look at it as we wrere Organ doners.we had to donate our organs for others to live!!! hope it does not RAIN so they can get the Race off.good luck to all the Sportsmen Racers.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #39
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Hope everybody gets to race without a lot of drama over the mud & weather. Just looked, the Weather Channel says 50% chance of rain Friday, 80% Saturday, and 50% again Sunday. Hopefully just very early or late light showers, if any at all. Good luck to everybody there.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #40
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now with the total sportsman entries in a a whopping 355 cars did NHRA make the right decision..? 500+ in Dallas which most everyone would have stayed companied to 355 in Houston..! NHRA could care less what the sportsman have to say! They could care less about losing 250+ entries just to have it on the scared ground of the PRO's. Yes sportsman get to rase this weekend but it shows that NHRA will continue to race rather the sportsman are there are not.