HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #211
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Double Amen. Well stated Alan.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #212
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Alan, if we ever meet, you have a case of beer (or beverage of your choice) on me.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #213
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Glad I brought that up!
Now we all know, your wallet, your head nor your heart has any involvement in Class Racing. Didn't your parents ever tell you "butt out, stay out of other peoples business!" I can't imagine being one of your neighbors, do you work at changing the way they run their families also?
Just like Allen stated, go to the appropriate message board and plead your case there.
I haven't counted (because I do have better things to do) but I'd say after all this you have what, 6 people on board with your plan? I have to think you should have one nasty headache after beating your head against the wall so long.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #214
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Alan (AA/SA),

Bill has told us many times , he's a former Stock racer, tech guy, and long time fan of S/SS racing.

As you know, Alan (AA/SA) , this is the section of this forum where the fans get to post their opinions. I'm sure you knew that.

Also, Alan (AA/SA) , you know that changes such as this proposal, start out at the NHRA Nat'l event tracks, then filter down to the Divs. and Open facilities, not the other way around.

Alan (AA/SA) , I always look forward to your insightful posts, and I appreciate the help you've given me over the years ....... But take this from a guy who doesn't really care whether they change this or not, your last post on this topic sounded like >>>"KILL THE MESSENGER" to me.....But you knew that too, didn't you, Alan..........(AA/SA)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #215
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
Glad I brought that up!
Now we all know, your wallet, your head nor your heart has any involvement in Class Racing. Didn't your parents ever tell you "butt out, stay out of other peoples business!" I can't imagine being one of your neighbors, do you work at changing the way they run their families also?
Just like Allen stated, go to the appropriate message board and plead your case there.
I haven't counted (because I do have better things to do) but I'd say after all this you have what, 6 people on board with your plan? I have to think you should have one nasty headache after beating your head against the wall so long.
Jeff ,I think there's a lot more than six, including a few Top Ten racers

Oh, and it's A-L-A-N (AA/SA)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #216
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,044 Times in 274 Posts

Mark, we also run A/SA, SS/EA, and I may drive in B/SA or C/SA some this year.

Yes, I did campaign for AA/SA. And we do run the class.

I also drove in G/S. And I did redlight first, more than once. It was MY redlight, I did it, and I lost. The system didn't rip me off, the rules didn't beat me, I let the clutch fly early. Entirely MY FAULT.

It's a rule that has been the way it is for decades, it hasn't hindered the growth of the sport. It's a minor annoyance, at the most. Worrying about that rule is about the same as putting a band aid on a cut on the finger of a patient while he dies of an untreated sucking chest wound.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #217
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

As a person that has lost many many times being chased and chasing, I can tell you that this topic does not keep me up at night.

I would suggest that if there are a few on here that really want to try it out, try sponsoring a combo race with the propsed rule change in effect! Maybe kick in 500 or a thou to help prime the pump.

Advertise the rules up front. Then you might find out how it "rolls".

When I first started announcing, the girls in the tower and the announcer had to do quick math to figure the winner. It could be done.

Of course, it is a lot harder to actually get off your arse and do something compared to posting an idea and hoping it goes viral.

Put your time and money where your mouth is.

I mean, I would be racing pro stock now if it wasn't for the whole time and money thing........
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #218
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Re: worst red light debate, again!

Alan is right, and thats the end this foolishness ! I'm right too like Alan and the rest that agree with Alan !.....John
Old 05-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #219
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

So, what's the criteria to be able to post on this issue? Looks to me like a lot of people posting on this haven't even raced S/SS in the last two plus years. If you crew on a S/SS car is that good enough? What if somebody knows someone who crews on a S/SS car is that good enough? What if somebody painted a S/SS car is that good enough?

If Bill has raced in S/SS before then I think he has just as much right to post on this issue as a lot of you do.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #220
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,044 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lang View Post
So, what's the criteria to be able to post on this issue? Looks to me like a lot of people posting on this haven't even raced S/SS in the last two plus years. If you crew on a S/SS car is that good enough? What if somebody knows someone who crews on a S/SS car is that good enough? What if somebody painted a S/SS car is that good enough?

If Bill has raced in S/SS before then I think he has just as much right to post on this issue as a lot of you do.

-Toby
That's right, Toby, the car I was racing was sold in early 2009. So I didn't race in 2009 or 2010, and haven't driven yet, this year. I am however a current participant on a couple of levels, I'm not whining about how I can't race, and I'm working on getting back in.