HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #1
SS427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Jegs All Stars...

The announcement has been made that the All Star race is now in Texas. Thoughts on the move?
SS427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,689 Times in 537 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts on Jegs All Stars...

Holy crap. I always assumed it would be in the middle of the country to allow for all the divisions, a fairly even drive.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-20-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
tstickff

Liked 468 Times in 112 Posts

Not sure I would make that drive if I was the Rep, better have 2 weeks to spare coming from Div 1 with drive time
Old 12-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
Mark Faul

Liked 43 Times in 9 Posts

Getting closer all the time for guys like me in Division 6!
Columbus-2526 miles.
Indy-2356
Joliet-2187
Ennis-2164
Mark Faul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:40 PM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,726 Times in 1,309 Posts

Anywhere but INDY , already too much going on at The Big Go ….Texas seems a little extreme, geographically I always thought Topeka made the most sense. ……
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:02 PM   #6
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 685 Times in 293 Posts

I was glad to see the multi-year extension.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:23 PM   #7
Adub464Q

Liked 386 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Anywhere but INDY , already too much going on at The Big Go ….Texas seems a little extreme, geographically I always thought Topeka made the most sense. ……
Fully agree with you there! It makes the most sense for everyone...and that comes from a person who lives 18 miles from the track in Texas.

Topeka from a distance and parking standpoint is a no brainer...however, the Topeka national event being in August is probably what is hurting that move. If Topeka national event was not in the summer with the temps there, I think this would make a lot more sense.

Believe the decision was based on getting a little further west (as Mark pointed out, not much of a difference for D6), as well as the Dallas national event being branded with the "Stampede of Speed". There is an opportunity to provide the proper platform that the Allstars deserves, but has been lacking in Indy.

It could pivot back to Chicago at some point I would imagine, but believe there are some reservations about returning everything to the Chicago national event since their extended time off since 2019.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:18 PM   #8
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,774 Times in 868 Posts

Quite possibly the Greenbrier Equity holdings are closer to Dallas than to Columbus.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:38 PM   #9
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

I’m starting to think that when the people at NHRA that make these decisions are asking for everyone’s thoughts they latch on to the worst idea and go with it. I mean who In their right mind looks at Dallas and says yea that a good place for the Allstar race. Even most people/racers in D4 hate that DUMP in Dallas. The pits are terrible, and it will rain at some point, so it’s doomed from the get-go. I’m not even going to go into the terrible logistics for 85% of the people who are lucky to be the rep for there class and division. Extra travel days to and from and the added fuel costs. The only part of this that makes any sense at all is its in Oct and all the points meets but Vegas are completed
I mean its not that hard. I though about it for 5 mins and came up with ideas better than them.
Make St louis fall national event a 4 day race
Move it back to Chicago (maybe that's the plan for 2024)
Move it back to Columbus SPORTS NATIONALS. A sportsman show cased event (according to NHRA LOL)
Move it to Topeka. (But its to hot in July/Aug in Topeka. Get over it its hot from July- labor day everywhere)

Last edited by Charley Downing; 12-20-2022 at 08:48 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:50 PM   #10
Rose Racing

Liked 165 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
I’m starting to think that when the people at NHRA that make these decisions are asking for everyone’s thoughts they latch on to the worst idea and go with it. I mean who In their right mind looks at Dallas and says yea that a good place for the Allstar race. Even most people/racers in D4 hate that DUMP in Dallas. The pits are terrible, and it will rain at some point, so it’s doomed from the get-go. I’m not even going to go into the terrible logistics for 85% of the people who are lucky to be the rep for there class and division. Extra travel days to and from and the added fuel costs. The only part of this that makes any sense at all is its in Oct and all the points meets but Vegas are completed
I mean its not that hard. I though about it for 5 mins and came up with ideas better than them.
Make St louis fall national event a 4 day race
Move it back to Chicago (maybe that's the plan for 2024)
Move it back to Columbus SPORTS NATIONALS. A sportsman show cased event (according to NHRA LOL)
Move it to Topeka. (But its to hot in July/Aug in Topeka. Get over it its hot from July- labor day everywhere)
X2 St Louis National makes perfect sense right on the edge of D3 and D5
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote