HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #21
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts
Default Re: Carguy49's Road Trip - Final Chapter

Thanks again for all the prayers , well wishes and private messages.

Everything is moving smoothly as of yesterday. The process is moving slowly, but in the right direction. The biggest problem is fluid/swelling on her legs but even that is going down.

Joan will be in the hospital longer than first thought, but that is a good thing. Joan is getting AWESOME care and responding VERY WELL to all medications. Occupational and Physical therapists have both been to see her and Joan is working well with them to help her move better.

I pray every day for peace, comfort and strength for her and it is working well. Please continue to pray because IT IS helping both of us.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #22

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts

Continuing to pray...
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Hang in Ron, the prayer chain reaches across the country. Understand the context of your thread title but of course you know life's road trip continues forever and thanks to Christ there is no final chapter,

Rest up as best you can and may your wife's medical care continue to bring relief.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
Carguy49
VIP Member

Jim, the title of the thread is about our journey on Earth.

In mentioning Joan's swelling in her legs I forgot to add about the swelling in her abdomen. The doctor's went in and pulled 3.5 liters of fluid from her yesterday and Joan was feeling much better when I left last evening.

I will continue to update every few days or so. Thank you for all the prayers and messages. The best news will be when Joan can come home. Should be in a few days, will know more later today.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #25
Carguy49
VIP Member

Thanks again for all the prayers, positive thoughts and private messages. These are what help keep us going. The power of prayer is great.

Joan's stay in the hospital has been extended a few more days to help her get as much physical strength back as possible. The doctors like where all the numbers are now, but both them and Joan want her to have more upper body strength to help her move better.

A couple of days ago a nurse asked Joan how she was feeling and she said I am laying her movin' and groovin'. We all laughed and realized that she was feeling pretty good. Joan is able to walk around her room, with a walker, pretty darn good. It is fun to see her do that.

I sleep well at night knowing that Joan is getting very good care and is in the prayers of so many people. THANK YOU ALL.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
Carguy49
VIP Member

We have a slight change of plans for Joan's progress.

Got her moved to a skilled care facility Friday afternoon. It is a very good place for her to be. They have already evaluated her by both PT and OT as to her ability to move. Tomorrow Joan will begin sessions each day to help with physical strength, she already shows some inprovement. Estimated time of her stay at the facility is 2 weeks, longer, if needed. At that time Joan will come home (YEAH) and continue therapy 3 days a week until they have brought her as far as they can.

She announced yesterday her inspiration for plowing through this deal. We have a friend that broke his neck 2 years ago and is getting around quite well these days. He spent almost 2 months in Physical Therapy and Joan said if he can do it so can I. Very determined young lady, my wife - all 65 years of her.

Joan is visited by family and friends each day and loves the attention. I was told that I could spend the night in her room where she is now. I told Joan to move over in bed and make room for me ---- She said "I don't think so, this bed is for me." Gota love the humor in that statement.

I can only say to ALL for the thoughts, prayers and private messages - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Last edited by Carguy49; 04-15-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #27
Carguy49
VIP Member

Well here we are 6 days later and things have gone downhill rather quickly. The cancer has spread and Joan is spending most of the time resting/sleeping. She is very comfortable and in minimal pain.

Therapy has ended and comfort care was begun on Wednesday because Joan was not progressing physically. Joan can stay right where she is and Joan is very O.K. with that.

The family had a meeting with Joan (wanted by her) last evening and we had a very good time, considering the situation.

Joan understands her situation and is at peace. She knows that she will soon be with God and is ready.

Joan has received wonderful care and loves and appreciates all the prayers for her. Thanks to all for everything and God Bless You ALL.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:51 PM   #28
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Peace be with the both of you.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #29

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts

Praying for you and Joan, Ron.
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #30
Carguy49
VIP Member

This afternoon with several family and friends (about 15 people) in the room I led us all in prayer. I have had a total change of heart. With God's help I believe that we can still beat this thing.

Don't know for sure where this came from (hint: GOD), but we believe with all the prayers that are being said we WILL BE winners.

I won't divulge the whole thing. I asked God for little and He will get A LOT in return.