Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #31
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from the IHRA World Finals at Memphis Internation

its on live stream right now. Mark & Joanne do a great job this year covering these races MMTV is great coverage for sure
http://new.livestream.com/motormaniatv2
Old 10-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #32
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,886 Times in 642 Posts

Hagen I believe it was a wash didn't quite finish 1st round. Everyone knows IHRA is second fiddle like you said nothing much more than a bracket race the problem I have is with people who continue to bash it even though they are through with it, I don't care what he thinks of IHRA and I'm tired of hearing it but to imply someone is not a real racer is unjustified.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,461 Times in 1,960 Posts

Treekiller what a great Idea sign me up in my old truck!

How does that go, be careful what you wish for?
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #34
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Hagen I believe it was a wash didn't quite finish 1st round. Everyone knows IHRA is second fiddle like you said nothing much more than a bracket race the problem I have is with people who continue to bash it even though they are through with it, I don't care what he thinks of IHRA and I'm tired of hearing it but to imply someone is not a real racer is unjustified.
Ed probably ment to say no "S/SS" Racer would complain about heads up. Thats what he ment by "Real". You got to give these old guys a break on this social media. I'm 100% sure he didn't mean that bracket racers arn't real racers. There is no doubt IHRA does a good job at putting on a Bracket race. If thats what you are into, Its all for you. It's just not for most of the NHRA S/SS racers. Ed is just simply saying what I am. This is not really Stock or Super Stock racing in its true form. I'm gonna tune in and watch it live anyway because I'm still interested in who wins.

Last edited by Hagen Gary; 10-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #35
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,046 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekiller View Post
Why not do this? Make every run in eliminations heads up. When all the class run offs are done then make the winners race each other. Furthest under the index wins. Then all you dinosaurs with your old cars and attitudes can be on the trailer barbecuing after 1st rd watching the same cars win every week. The new ones. But at least you won't lose your precious heads ups. You probably hate bracket racing because you can't handle people who can cut lights seven rds in a row and drive the finish line. Really makes sense to have a 30-150,000 car that you can only run 5-10 times a year
Wow, you bring so much to every conversation. Thanks for joining us.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #36
HR9121
Live Reporter

It is what it is, I will run both sanctions and most definitely would run more NHRA but it is hard to take that much time away from home for me. The only IHRA race I've been to that didn't have heads up was the TOC and the short lived Sportsman Spectacular races.
I'm all about class racing in its truest form but I still can understand the theory of not having heads up runs in the TOC the way the format is set. If you were someone like Cooter Hidalgo and dominated the whole year and someone showed up with a borrowed car at the TOC and was all the sudden 2 tenths faster how would that be fair to him. Just my opinion.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #37
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
It is what it is, I will run both sanctions and most definitely would run more NHRA but it is hard to take that much time away from home for me. The only IHRA race I've been to that didn't have heads up was the TOC and the short lived Sportsman Spectacular races.
I'm all about class racing in its truest form but I still can understand the theory of not having heads up runs in the TOC the way the format is set. If you were someone like Cooter Hidalgo and dominated the whole year and someone showed up with a borrowed car at the TOC and was all the sudden 2 tenths faster how would that be fair to him. Just my opinion.

Easy fix for someone like him who is a good S/SS racer. Don't tech in till that dude does. Then don't get in his class. It's the exact same thing anyone would do at a regular race. Dodge the fast guy. That's part of S/SS. Either get out of his class, or play the ladder to avoid.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #38
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,626 Times in 1,292 Posts

I am not bashing IHRA but, stk /sis is a heads up eliminator....PERIOD. One way for IHRA to fix this nonsense, The car you earned your points in is the car you bring to Memphis....Period !!!!If you earned your points in two different cars ,you can bring either car.Very Simple. Hagen Gary ,I like your attitude.Ed, you are definately old school...but what is wrong with that. .Jeremy,aka Another Friendly Racer...you need to stop pissing people off....LOL!!! Regards...M.J.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #39
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I am not bashing IHRA but, stk /sis is a heads up eliminator....PERIOD. One way for IHRA to fix this nonsense, The car you earned your points in is the car you bring to Memphis....Period !!!!If you earned your points in two different cars ,you can bring either car.Very Simple. Hagen Gary ,I like your attitude.Ed, you are definately old school...but what is wrong with that. .Jeremy,aka Another Friendly Racer...you need to stop pissing people off....LOL!!! Regards...M.J.
Very well said, MJ!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #40
HR9121
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I'll x2 that.