HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #2351
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Hemi D 68,

Regarding the Preston Honea / Ray Rixman SS/BA Dart.

Kwik-Way Speed Engineering (out of St. Louis, Missouri) did the
prep work on that car.

In 1968, it ran primarily in AHRA {S/S Eliminator) Events.

Lost to Herb McAndless at the AHRA World Finals at Kansas City
International Raceway in October 1968.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #2352
bigsixman

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hey Craig
there has been a book published by Jim Schild a few years back specially bout the BO & LO cars. It is the most complete book I've seen to date on the background,history & build on these cars. A GREAT READ loaded with pictures I've never seen before. It's definately a must have for anyone who is into these things. I google searched for a link to it, but can't find it. Jim, can you help me out here???
Mark Janaky has been collecting information on these cars also,& has a collection of the most pictures I've ever seen. He's also been working on a book. Mark, care for an update?? Haven't seen you frequent this thread for awhile. Care for a visit??

I'm in the middle of a thrash trying to get my car back together for Mopars in the Park in Farmington, Mn. June1-2. It's Sox & Martin's 50th Anniversery with 20 of their original cars being on display. Never before has this happened.

http://www.midwestmopars.com/

liteweight
Thanks Daryl, I will look for those books. Maybe see you in Farmington on June 3, 2013.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #2353
Steve Stasko

Liked 230 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Thanks for the I D of Gary Herman,, Steve. You might want to go back and see who originally posted the photo,, since its still laying on my table where I scanned it last week.
Danny Durham
Not sure why you are showing me hostility. You asked a question, and got your answer. All I did was quote the larger photo. I did not mean to offend anyone.

I will go back to lurking and keep my info to myself from now on.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #2354
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemid68 View Post
Thanks Dave. I've never seen this one either! This is very cool. I wish I knew where to get in touch with who has it? I don't know anything about FaceBook, but do you know who had it posted, and why? Any help chasing this down would be appreciated.
When something like this, pops up out of no where, it makes me think that the mystery of Daryl's car may yet be solved!
Thanks Again,
Dan
there are a few really good pages/groups on Facebook too, i think some members here also post in some of them. very cool to see some of the pics and information that gets posted there. i think the image i posted came from the Stock/Superstock/Modified Doorslammers group and i caught it paging through pics, not sure who originally posted it there. i hadn't seen it before and liked the paint scheme alot. i realized later that i had the other picture of the car saved from some time ago and i think the different paint schemes are interesting, reminded me a bit of the Hustlin Hemi car.
davezinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #2355
hemid68

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezinn View Post
there are a few really good pages/groups on Facebook too, i think some members here also post in some of them. very cool to see some of the pics and information that gets posted there. i think the image i posted came from the Stock/Superstock/Modified Doorslammers group and i caught it paging through pics, not sure who originally posted it there. i hadn't seen it before and liked the paint scheme alot. i realized later that i had the other picture of the car saved from some time ago and i think the different paint schemes are interesting, reminded me a bit of the Hustlin Hemi car.
Dave,
Something interesting I noticed is the car has been converted to a '69 configuration in the second picture. When I got the car, it was in the '69 configuration, and had really been hacked up, I think to run the Pro Stock circuit in the St. Louis, Mo area.
Dan
hemid68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #2356
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post
Not sure why you are showing me hostility. You asked a question, and got your answer. All I did was quote the larger photo. I did not mean to offend anyone.

No offense taken here,,, and I did thank you for your answer,,, sorry to hear you're going back into lurking.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #2357
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

The Regional Zone book lists a 1968 Hemi Dart (4-Speed) shipped to Western Missouri in May 1968.

And possibly ended up in the hands of Jim Clark Dodge (State Street, Kansas City).

This car has never been accounted for....

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 05-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #2358
Jack Parris

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

The Schild book is available from Mancini Racing, hope it's ok to post a link.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19dabahessau.html
Jack Parris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #2359
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post

Steve
Any info that you can share here is appreciated. I think we have a overload of lurkers already, considering the viewing numbers to this thread, so don't let one comment rub you the wrong way.

Jack
Thanx for the link. I couldn't find it.

liteweight

Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #2360
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

ok first want to appoligize. I looked up a google search and found Brodlieb motors was a chrysler plymouth dealer. here is the family member who ran the racing end of it.
http://www.ocala.com/article/2013012...te=printpicart
I believe the family is the same who is now east hills chrysler. Carl is the parts mgr w info as another bonafide mopar freak. Maybe it was a Hemi Cuda they had.
Chris
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote