HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #31
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
overall a bad situation for all involved especially for the racers from the northeast. I am guessing NHRA's thoughts might have been attend the Gainesville completion of the Charlotte race. Run the div 2 points race on that same weeekend and then go to Reynolds the next weekend on the way home for the last div 2 points race so you get 3 races in a 2 weekend time frame. Luckily I am not one involved. Maybe I will see some of you at the Reynolds race. Good luck to all!!
May be a great idea, for the Pros! Like most sportsman, I have a job that I must go to to earn a living so I can race! I really don't think much more thought went into this, other than: "this national event is in Division 2, lets finish sportsman at the next Division 2 race." Instead of "lets try to figure out what may be best for those racers left in the event."
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #32
RJDUDEK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
On another note concerning NHRA's dwindling fan base, I talked to a couple guys this morning that attended the race that were told they would receive 50% off next year's race if they attended. They were not very happy as they said they did not get to see 50% of the race. I told them they were lucky to be getting anything.
__________________________________________________ ___

I read that B. Smith WILL honor the fan's ticket purchase price toward any zMax Dragway event in 2015. That seems fair...mother nature , not withstanding.

AND the track will be "fixed"... >
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...do-to-fix-this

Last edited by RJDUDEK; 09-16-2014 at 09:40 PM.
RJDUDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I think Bruton Smith is doing some damage control because they were initially told 50%. One thing he isn't is stupid. I was there in the spring and saw super gas cars getting out of at 1000' so something ain't right, it sure ain't from over use whatever it is.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #34
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

NHRA's policy is 50% after one round of Nitro, the track is making it 100% because they are interested in the spectators' good will. Besides, that will spread the impact because they have several events at the Concord complex every year.
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #35
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

It dosent make sense why all the way down there ? how about a closer venue like Maple Grove that be my track to make it up at
Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #36
Charles Myers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I don't agree with the location that NHRA has chosen, you have to look at it from a sanctioning body point of view.

1.) Gainesville is an NHRA owned track
2.) Gainesville has the capability of hosting the Top Alcohol Cars if necessary
3.) Z-Max Dragway is considered a Division 2 track

I really feel bad for the sportsman racers that are Division 1 competitors and the IHRA racers planning on going to Memphis. There are no winners in this situation. I agree with some of the post that said they could have chose a more practical track; however, with that comes the cost of preparing a new surface (not to mention if it had any problems) and the cost of running another facility.

The fact is, we cant control mother nature and we don't want to risk our cars going down an unsafe race track. Its like the old saying goes when you lose a close race, "That's just drag racing".
Charles Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #37
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Myers View Post
While I don't agree with the location that NHRA has chosen, you have to look at it from a sanctioning body point of view.

1.) Gainesville is an NHRA owned track
2.) Gainesville has the capability of hosting the Top Alcohol Cars if necessary
3.) Z-Max Dragway is considered a Division 2 track

I really feel bad for the sportsman racers that are Division 1 competitors and the IHRA racers planning on going to Memphis. There are no winners in this situation. I agree with some of the post that said they could have chose a more practical track; however, with that comes the cost of preparing a new surface (not to mention if it had any problems) and the cost of running another facility.

The fact is, we cant control mother nature and we don't want to risk our cars going down an unsafe race track. Its like the old saying goes when you lose a close race, "That's just drag racing".
I just took a closer look at the numbers. There are a total of 44 left in the field between super gas, super comp, super stock and stock. of those 44, 33 are division 2 racers. So 75% of the remaining field is from division 2. They ae not going to prep a track somewhere else for 44 cars. Several years ago, I went to Virginia to race and it got called, they finished that race in Atco NJ. I wasn't happy about that because living in Florida that is a very long haul. As much as it sucked, I went because one, I had a by in the next round and 2 I could finish that race, race the Atco Divisional and go to Englishtown the next week. These situations aren't fair for anyone, and you will never satisfy every one involved.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #38
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

guess my queston how many will show in Gainsville ?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #39
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

Food for thought. In the future NHRA should post rain dates and location so that could be taken into concideration before entering to an event. If you enter you have bought into what could happen in the event of a postponement .
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #40
Herbie Null

Liked 285 Times in 55 Posts
Talking Re: Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim worner View Post
Food for thought. In the future NHRA should post rain dates and location so that could be taken into concideration before entering to an event. If you enter you have bought into what could happen in the event of a postponement .
LOL, now your thinking like a blue collar working man Tim. With the forecast showing rain and the make up rain location being Gainesville we would have pulled out of the race. I thought the worst would be we finish on Monday. Now going to Maple Grove nationals and probably will quit my job so I can go to Florida. Next year I will skip This race and go to the sports nationals. If the car counts get any lower for this event they will loose it. Can't blame it all on NHRA besides the make up location, the track was the real problem at hand.

Last edited by Herbie Null; 09-18-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Herbie Null is offline   Reply With Quote