Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #11
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Null View Post
How about finish it at Bristol or somewhere in between so it would split driving distance for all racers left! Drove 7 hours to support NHRA national event and they now tell me to drive 14 more hours for the same race! 42 hours drive time for 1 national event and yes I'm bending over! You guys have great customer retaliations! Time to make some serious changes on my racing schedule, not your fault NHRA just my lack of trust in you thinking I am a member and part of the team. Sorry I forgot to tell you I don't like it up the A**!
This made my coke come out of my nose, very funny.....oh I guess not from your perspective.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
butch8908

Liked 542 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
How about finish it at Bristol or somewhere in between so it would split driving distance for all racers left! Drove 7 hours to support NHRA national event and they now tell me to drive 14 more hours for the same race! 42 hours drive time for 1 national event and yes I'm bending over! You guys have great customer retaliations! Time to make some serious changes on my racing schedule, not your fault NHRA just my lack of trust in you thinking I am a member and part of the team. Sorry I forgot to tell you I don't like it up the A**!
Well said mr. Null. Love to watch sportsman race so I can take pictures, after this feassco, think I will start looking at divisionals in div 1 and 3. Lot better car count that "the belago of drag racing brings". They will probably require you to enter the national event in order to finish this one.
butch8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
SS/GSI

Liked 515 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
This is exactly why NHRA should of never got rid of late year east coast divisionals. That's why it shouldn't be Valdosta(SGMP) before Gainesville National, it should be the Gainesville divisional. Renolds and SGMP should be at the end of the year, so should VMP divisional, just in case. Remember when Atco use to be after the Dutch!!! NHRA needs to seriously reconsider late season divisionals as a contingency plan for situations like this one and not as a cold or inconvenient situation. With the cost of racing already out of control, why isn't NHRA and even our representatives not making more races logistically feasible for sportsman racers. If the pros don't mind going from NC to Texas to PA and back to Vegas, good for them!

Last edited by SS/GSI; 09-15-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Adding additional comment.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #14
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

They could be like some of the local events and just split the payout, yellow bullet was a 3 day race and they split payout after 1st round rainout Sunday and they still could of run monday which was labor day. Rumor has it racers wanted payout split up.

Last edited by rognelson777; 09-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #15
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
They could be like some of the local events and just split the payout, yellow bullet was a 3 day race and they split payout after 1st round rainout Sunday and they still could of run monday which was labor day. Rumor has it racers wanted payout split up.
How do you split up sticker money?
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 AM   #16
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNorton View Post
How do you split up sticker money?
Amd how to you distribute the points?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #17
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 963 Times in 61 Posts

Obviously, its a horrible situation for many, including me. The only lucky ones are those that were planning on attending the Gainesville race. Its 1150+ miles one way for me to get there! Like Herbie said, I paid to attend a national event in Charlotte, NC in September, not a points race in friggin' Gainesville, FL in October!

NHRA is in a tough spot, and there probably isn't an answer that makes everyone happy, but there has to be a better solution than this. I hadn't really considered a thought like Bristol, but that would certainly be a lot closer to a "happy medium" for all. I'd probably be willing to throw 20 hours round trip at it. 40 hours? That's going to take some serious thinking.

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #18
HR9121
Live Reporter

On another note concerning NHRA's dwindling fan base, I talked to a couple guys this morning that attended the race that were told they would receive 50% off next year's race if they attended. They were not very happy as they said they did not get to see 50% of the race. I told them they were lucky to be getting anything.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #19
HR9121
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
Obviously, its a horrible situation for many, including me. The only lucky ones are those that were planning on attending the Gainesville race. Its 1150+ miles one way for me to get there! Like Herbie said, I paid to attend a national event in Charlotte, NC in September, not a points race in friggin' Gainesville, FL in October!

NHRA is in a tough spot, and there probably isn't an answer that makes everyone happy, but there has to be a better solution than this. I hadn't really considered a thought like Bristol, but that would certainly be a lot closer to a "happy medium" for all. I'd probably be willing to throw 20 hours round trip at it. 40 hours? That's going to take some serious thinking.
Another event at another venue would cost NHRA way too much money, they would nevwe consider this. Afraid it doesn't matter much how it cost the racers.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #20
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

overall a bad situation for all involved especially for the racers from the northeast. I am guessing NHRA's thoughts might have been attend the Gainesville completion of the Charlotte race. Run the div 2 points race on that same weeekend and then go to Reynolds the next weekend on the way home for the last div 2 points race so you get 3 races in a 2 weekend time frame. Luckily I am not one involved. Maybe I will see some of you at the Reynolds race. Good luck to all!!