HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #61
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts
Default Re: NHRA and the "Bo Butner rule"?

I believe that Bruce is correct, in that NHRA has the right to do this at their ballgame.
Now, the question is, will it include these fake, communist backed political outfits ,that try to disguise themselves as advocacy groups.. We shall see.
This is where Goodyear went wrong, and it cost them.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #62
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Kenny,
I respectfully request that this thread be moved to the Lounge or other.
Why now? It was just fine when you guys were having fun. What changed?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #63
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Knock off all this lousy demagoguery! A person would think this board is full of whining little Trumpets. NHRA can not by law or by its own charter engage in any form of political advocacy. NHRA must control every word on the grounds of it's race tracks to avoid losing its's not for profit status, and that includes what is written on the side of our cars. In my 72 years on this planet I have never seen such whining from grown men. Many of you guys are so damn paranoid that you can't understand that there are important rules that NHRA must abide by if it wants to stay in business.
I am not sure that an individual racer's promotion of his candidate of choice falls under the Department of Treasury's guidelines that you are referring to for non profit organizations. The Department of Treasury has provided some clarity on what they consider prohibited activities and I don't see where someone like Butner's car or anyone else would put their status at risk according to their guidance.

Please clarify within their guidance that you think their non profit status would be at risk or where this would fall.
Liked
Old 08-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #64
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

Bruce,
Check your PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #65
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
I am not sure that an individual racer's promotion of his candidate of choice falls under the Department of Treasury's guidelines that you are referring to for non profit organizations.
It does not matter. It is NHRA's playground and they set the rules. If you don't like it, play somewhere else.

Get your own racetrack. Start your own sanctioning body. Set your own rules.

It's that simple.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #66
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsamuel View Post
It does not matter. It is NHRA's playground and they set the rules. If you don't like it, play somewhere else.

Get your own racetrack. Start your own sanctioning body. Set your own rules.

It's that simple.
I didn't suggest that or say it wasn't their playground to do as they wish. Read my post in context as to asking why it was stated "NHRA can not by law or by its own charter engage in any form of political advocacy." This was stated by Bruce and I asked under that parameter.

I am of the opinion they are doing it by their own choice (which they can) and it isn't due to a legal reason.
Liked
Old 08-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #67
Bart Kilraine

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

You democrats that drag race can kiss your sport goodbye if Biden wins.Go find the new green deal.,if you can.It doesn't just cover petroleum products,it's a whole range of social changes.1984 is 36 years late
Old 08-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #68
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
I am not sure that an individual racer's promotion of his candidate of choice falls under the Department of Treasury's guidelines that you are referring to for non profit organizations. The Department of Treasury has provided some clarity on what they consider prohibited activities and I don't see where someone like Butner's car or anyone else would put their status at risk according to their guidance.

Please clarify within their guidance that you think their non profit status would be at risk or where this would fall.
Kyle,

A few years ago we did some research on this subject, And as I remember a 501(c)6 must declare, at the time they make application, whether or not they intended to do any additional lobbying other than for it's exempt purpose. I believe NHRA indicated they were only going to lobby for it's intended purpose. It will be forced to pay taxes if NHRA attempted to step outside of it's intended exemption. We all know how long and hard NHRA has fought to avoid paying taxes. NHRA also mentioned it's 501(c)6 status in it's memo. Of course, I am not a lawyer but I think Bo's political statement, or anything like it, would cause real headaches for NHRA with the IRS.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #69
Randy Wells

Liked 989 Times in 302 Posts

The way it is going, we will have to take RFC off our cars so we don't hurt some POS snowflakes feelings.

Randy Wells
Wells Bros
C/SA
I/S
Liked
Old 08-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #70
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
This does not apply any more, the left has given every numbnut that wants to identify as a unicorn the ability to sue a business owner if they don't cave to someone else's beliefs!
Well, that's not really true. It's so you cannot deny service based on someone's religion or sexual preference. The "No Shoes, No shirt, No service" is a safety and hygiene issue, and nobody wants the sweaty/hairy guy in the grocery store without a shirt lol
Closed Thread