HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 06-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #21
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: no oil at roller rockers

Oh, almost forgot. If you're such an expert (even smarter than Lingenfelter and the people at GM), what do you suppose did cause the cam bearing failures that the engine builder says he stopped entirely by installing the plug?
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #22
carl hinkson

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
Oh, almost forgot. If you're such an expert (even smarter than Lingenfelter and the people at GM), what do you suppose did cause the cam bearing failures that the engine builder says he stopped entirely by installing the plug?
I guess I know a little more then John Lingenfelter and GM when it comes to oiling of the SB.

You should really go to this link and go over to Speedtalk and argue with the experts on this subject. If you want I can post this on your behalf.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Not installing the plug under the rear cap should does restrict the oil flow to the engine LOL

Again reread my prior post on cam bearing problems I did descibe them if you could only read.

In case you missed the link here it is again

Now you seem to be such an expert how does the engine loose oil pressure with out the plug under the rear main cap ???????????

Again read this link thoroughly and if you can understand what is written you will have your answer how smart GM and Lingenfelter really are and who is right. LMAO

carl hinkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
carl hinkson

Quote:
Your response says more about you as a person than I ever could.
The post about the plug under the rear cap shows how smart of person you are LOL

I wish I could post some of the PM's about you and this link LOL
Old 06-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #24
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

I read the posts at the Speedtalk link when you first provided them. The way I see it, there are two ways you could have handled this. The way you could have handled it was to reply to my post by just saying you disagree with my information and provided the links you did to prove your position. You could have avoided telling me that I should know what I'm talking about before I post things. In addition to being arrogant as hell, that approach is just plain mean. The second way is the way you did it, treating me like a moron because I tried to contribute to the site by passing along (incorrect) information I had obtained from multiple, perfectly reputable sources. So the information was incorrect; what does humiliating me (and Lingenfelter, GM and others) accomplish? I don't really give a **** if you think I'm the dumbest MF in the world, because I have nothing to prove to you. I did what I did to try and help somebody with a problem, but ended up not helping. So what?
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #25
carl hinkson

Quote:
I read the posts at the Speedtalk link when you first provided them. The way I see it, there are two ways you could have handled this. The way you could have handled it was to reply to my post by just saying you disagree with my information and provided the links you did to prove your position. You could have avoided telling me that I should know what I'm talking about before I post things. In addition to being arrogant as hell, that approach is just plain mean. The second way is the way you did it, treating me like a moron because I tried to contribute to the site by passing along (incorrect) information I had obtained from multiple, perfectly reputable sources. So the information was incorrect; what does humiliating me (and Lingenfelter, GM and others) accomplish? I don't really give a **** if you think I'm the dumbest MF in the world, because I have nothing to prove to you. I did what I did to try and help somebody with a problem, but ended up not helping. So what?
Some times reading books and listening to others is not even close to hands on experience. Not knowing how the GM oil system works and taken others advise is not the hot set up some times.

A little more research you would see that the plug out will not effect oil pressure.

I would say when your engine lost oil pressure it was because it spun cam bearing or two nothing to do the with the plug. Your engine builder should have a little more knowledge as well as he was not giving you good feed back.

You said I called you an idiot and I asked you to quote that statement so far no quote. I did not treat you like a moron. Ya you didn't have a clue what you were talking about and really is no need to keep crying about it. Your being a drama queen making up statements that were never posted.

Have a good day and move on !!!!!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #26
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 395 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl hinkson View Post
Ya you didn't have a clue what you were talking about and really is no need to keep crying about it.
he sure doesn't and his lack of knowledge and first hand experience goes far beyond this topic.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:57 AM   #27
carl hinkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
he sure doesn't and his lack of knowledge and first hand experience goes far beyond this topic.

Once again leaving the plug out from under the rear cap will not affect oil pressure LOL

Spinning cam bearings will affect oil pressure either of them could figure that out LOL.

Any one that post you will loose oil pressure by leaving the plug out from under the rear cap are clueless how the SBC oil system works.

Last edited by carl hinkson; 06-13-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #28
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

After reading thru this thread , I have decided to intentionally leave that plug out of my Dart block.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #29
carl hinkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
After reading thru this thread , I have decided to intentionally leave that plug out of my Dart block.
Too Funny !! One good thing about the Dart blocks they have no plug under the rear cap.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #30
henrys57wagon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally got over to look at the engine. Bottom end looks good. Lifter bores are worn oblong and scared, one lifter(where broken pushrod is) has no oil hole in it? Roller rockers are all scored/ worn and some valve tips are also worn. The builder drilled and epoxied a oil fitting for gauge into the cavity where the oil filter goes, remote system used, oil gauge hole at top of block is plugged. All plugs are in place and the front oil gallery are staked in place. Can shows normal wear and lifters are not ruined. He is going to get a replacement engine rather than spend any money on this block.

Any other thoughts? Thanks all.