HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #1
Dave Ficacci

Liked 84 Times in 19 Posts
Default 5.00 Ring and Pinion Pro Gears for Chevy 12-Bolt

Fellow Racers,

I am currently under contract to generate a run of Chevy 12-Bolt 5.00 gear ratio Ring and Pinion sets. As some of you will remember, Bruce Noland provided these gears to racers about five years ago through Richmond who at the time was owned by Regal-Beloit Corporation. Richmond has since been sold to Midwest Gear however Regal-Beloit still owns the rights to Richmond’s non-catalog or custom gear requests. The caveat here is that custom run gear sets will NOT say Richmond on them nor will they ship in a Richmond box. However you can buy with confidence knowing the gears will be made in the USA in Liberty SC using the Pro Gear metal we have all come to know and trust. These gears will be run on the same manufacturing line using the same machines and assembled by the same engineers and employees that provided the Bruce Noland run.

I’ve created this post to see if there is enough interest in these gears to pull the trigger on the order. At a minimum I will be purchasing 50 gears to be sold at $500 each plus shipping. If you are interested and would like to be placed on the list, please PM me here or email me at DFicacci@gmail.com. Please include your full name, address and how many set you would like to purchase.

Thanks,
Dave Ficacci
DFicacci@gmail.com
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: 5.00 Ring and Pinion Pro Gears for Chevy 12-Bolt

A few people have contacted me about Dave's post. His explanation of the corporate structure is correct. The cost is not unexpected because these are not your every day production run gears. Material and setup costs are much higher for special purpose orders. And, of course, a few years have passed since they were available.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Dave Ficacci

Thank you Bruce.

Since many are asking what the current count is, I have only received 16 requests thus far.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #4
Dave Ficacci

Look like this isn't going to happen. Thus far I've only received 20 requests. I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ficacci View Post
Look like this isn't going to happen. Thus far I've only received 20 requests. I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.
Dave you might want to check with some circle track guys. We have worked with a few that run 4.88 to 5.43 ratios, even gave one guy runs a 7.xx gear on a 1/8th track to pull the 300'-500' straights

Just a thought,,,,
trmnatr is offline   Reply With Quote