HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-20-2022, 07:00 PM   #21
Tom Meyer

Liked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: C-11

Not trying to slam anybody trying run on a budget, class racing cost money and I would be more concerned with the price of towing verse the price of race gas, Why after spend all the time building the best motor you can then try to get by on the inconsistent of the and quality of pump gas? I guess flame away. Tom
Old 01-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #22
Rose Racing

Liked 127 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Meyer View Post
Not trying to slam anybody trying run on a budget, class racing cost money and I would be more concerned with the price of towing verse the price of race gas, Why after spend all the time building the best motor you can then try to get by on the inconsistent of the and quality of pump gas? I guess flame away. Tom
Because almost 1000 dollars for a barrel of fuel is BullS%$$ period idc if its liquid gold..... Im waiting till I place my Rockett 112 order here eventually and see how Rockett(Union76) fares for me
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 PM   #23
Bill Grubbs

Liked 454 Times in 60 Posts

Forgive me if I am ignorant. Where is this $1000 drum of fuel? I see where people have posted about $100 pails (5 gallons). The smaller the quantity the greater the cost per gallon. It has always been that way. We buy multiple drums at a time. This way the shipping costs is shared among the entire shipment. Over the last few years the shipping has gone up more than the fuel (percentage wise). Shipping costs of a single pail/barrel versus multiple barrels is almost negligible.

I do agree fuel per pass is probably one of the cheapest performance costs in racing, especially if you amortize the costs for everything we buy/use for racing (car, engine, transmissions, motorhome, truck, trailer, hotel, food, beer, etc...) Heck some racers have more in their paint jobs than Billy has in his entire operation

Ultimately each person must decide what their price point is for racing or performance and what their goals are. Billy's price point is probably the lowest of all current racers, but then again he is focused on performance gains vs cents not dollars. If he wanted to build an AA/SA '69 Camaro everybody else would probably want change classes/combinations. Thankfully Billy has different goals/views on racing and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Bill Grubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #24
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Why thank you Bill, that's quite a compliment!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #25
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
Because almost 1000 dollars for a barrel of fuel is BullS%$$ period idc if its liquid gold..... Im waiting till I place my Rockett 112 order here eventually and see how Rockett(Union76) fares for me
Why should you be concerned about 1K/barrel fuel? You're going to be running a 302/2V am I right? Put blue Sunoco in it and call it a day!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:45 AM   #26
Ron Ortiz

Liked 251 Times in 84 Posts

Price of fuel is going to go up, sometimes I wonder how long does fuel stay "fresh" to pass fuel check over time. Have had fuel that was over 8 months old that passed and failed, have had fuel pass and not pass after a week.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #27
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

yes VP has went up,but it never was cheap... I have new price list in, a email, but I haven't printed it...Everything has increased in price....
I have used C-11 for many years and never failed fuel check,that wasn't my own fault..
you can't leave it in the cell or a fuel jug between races... I have kept in a barrel or can for 2 years and pass... some was going on 3 years(,last of a barrel) old got borderline..I may switch to C-12 this year if works good for me,save close to $100.00 a barrel over C-11
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:24 PM   #28
Rose Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Why should you be concerned about 1K/barrel fuel? You're going to be running a 302/2V am I right? Put blue Sunoco in it and call it a day!
I was just saying in general Billy... lol and idk how much is Sunoco Blue for a barrel? I havent priced anything yet as I dont have heat and dont wanna have fuel sitting around here with large temperature changes in the garage... But in general the prices of any racing gasoline are getting crazy but im not VP is getting out of hand but thats just me....
Liked
Old 01-21-2022, 09:45 PM   #29
Steve Stickel

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
I was just saying in general Billy... lol and idk how much is Sunoco Blue for a barrel? I havent priced anything yet as I dont have heat and dont wanna have fuel sitting around here with large temperature changes in the garage... But in general the prices of any racing gasoline are getting crazy but im not VP is getting out of hand but thats just me....

Here you go .In the PA area ... and they'll deliver up to 4 drums for an additional $95 https://petroleumservicecompany.com/...ane-race-fuel/
And, on another note , Australia has outlawed leaded in all motor sports since July 2019, Unleaded only, Including Pro Stock,,, probably here in the not too distant future...
Steve Stickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-21-2022, 11:29 PM   #30
Rose Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stickel View Post
Here you go .In the PA area ... and they'll deliver up to 4 drums for an additional $95 https://petroleumservicecompany.com/...ane-race-fuel/
And, on another note , Australia has outlawed leaded in all motor sports since July 2019, Unleaded only, Including Pro Stock,,, probably here in the not too distant future...
Hmmm wow more of a gap than I anticipated....... between Sunoco and VP
Liked