HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
Default IHRA Pure stock info!

Ok some of you may know I have a 1970 corvette i bought cheap with the intentions of running stock eliminator with (I have asked about it on this board), unfortunately it is a project out of my financial league,latley pure stock was brought to my attention! So i checked the IHRA rule book and not much info there, on this web site i did a search for pure stock and i got 2 pages of results ( i read every post) still not enough to answer my questions,I know what needs to be done and not done to the motor for pure stock but what about the car? here is what i have for a car!
My car has a stock interior with a 6 point roll bar,the IRS rear with some heavy duty old school upgrades (not strong enough for stock but should be fine for pure stock) It has one of those shark bar traction bars,it has headers with a full exhaust and flow master mufflers,it has stock brakes, tach and gauges and a quarter stick shifter (with no console the factory console has been removed) here is where I'm concerned the heater box and blower motor have been removed with sheet metal over the holes,the wiper motor and linkage have also been removed along with the wiper arms and blades! question is would IHRA make me put the heater box and wiper stuff back for pure stock or is it basically like stock eliminator cars with factory water pumps ,exhaust system and a milder motor? Thanks for your time .....Fred
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Pure stock info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred goodwin View Post
Ok some of you may know I have a 1970 corvette i bought cheap with the intentions of running stock eliminator with (I have asked about it on this board), unfortunately it is a project out of my financial league,latley pure stock was brought to my attention! So i checked the IHRA rule book and not much info there, on this web site i did a search for pure stock and i got 2 pages of results ( i read every post) still not enough to answer my questions,I know what needs to be done and not done to the motor for pure stock but what about the car? here is what i have for a car!
My car has a stock interior with a 6 point roll bar,the IRS rear with some heavy duty old school upgrades (not strong enough for stock but should be fine for pure stock) It has one of those shark bar traction bars,it has headers with a full exhaust and flow master mufflers,it has stock brakes, tach and gauges and a quarter stick shifter (with no console the factory console has been removed) here is where I'm concerned the heater box and blower motor have been removed with sheet metal over the holes,the wiper motor and linkage have also been removed along with the wiper arms and blades! question is would IHRA make me put the heater box and wiper stuff back for pure stock or is it basically like stock eliminator cars with factory water pumps ,exhaust system and a milder motor? Thanks for your time .....Fred
Hi Fred
I do not think IHRA will be too concerned about the Heater.
Just have to have all things to make it safe.
Stock Seat and Shoulder belt.
Got any questions ping me Or email Mike Baker.
mbaker@IHRA.com
He is quick to answer questions.
Dan

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 01-28-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Fred:
I really don't think the wipers would be an issue.
Here are a couple of things (outside of the engine) different in PS than what is legal in regular Stock:

No "see thru" or straight thru muffler in PS when using headers.
If the inlet and outlet are offset I would think they are legal.

The engine will need the stock crank and water pump pulleys.
Pump gas allowed

Last edited by ALMACK; 01-28-2017 at 08:36 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
Fred:
I really don't think the wipers would be an issue.
Here are a couple of things (outside of the engine) different in PS than what is legal in regular Stock:

No "see thru" or straight thru muffler in PS when using headers.
If the inlet and outlet are offset I would think they are legal.

The engine will need the stock crank and water pump pulleys.
Pump gas allowed
Thanks Alan and Dan! the car has headers and a full exhaust with flow masters in the factory location ,the bracket motor in the car now is not at all legal for pure stock it has aluminum heads and a .500 lift cam BUT! it has an alternator ,a fan belt driven flex fan with factory pulleys and a mechanical fuel pump! you can kind of see the mufflers and tail pipes in the picture below. its just that I'm so used to seeing late model pure stockers like yours and Dans car with all kinds of stuff under the hood and this car has NOTHING! I think this car will be a nice pure stock build, it shouldn't be a whole lot of cash to get it going being as that I have the car already, as long as I don't have to spend all kinds of money putting street stuff back under the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12654454_484518508422611_6913293717396620567_n.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	38115  

Last edited by fred goodwin; 01-28-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: picture
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote