HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #4751
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Trying to get some pics posted that are full size rather thattachments. Not working so good yet. Gotta fiqure this lack of available photobucket thing out.

This is a photo that was posted by Dan Williams on facebook taken by Stewart Pomeroy at Fred Engelharts Hemi Reunion 2006.

liteweight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elkton 2006 stewart pomery1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	40982  
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #4752
hemitime

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Max Hurley kept Eddie Smiths paint just changing the name at first , the thin doors off the dart were passed on with the demon years ago ,ended back up with the dart .
hemitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #4753
LO23

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hey Clint.

just some things to consider with your LO23 before you put it onto a race track:

NHRA mandates any car traveling faster than 10.00 must have the safety equipment to do so. There is quite a bit of stuff when you hit this point including a roll CAGE that must be up to date and certified. If you go over 150 mph you require a parachute. And lets not forget that you will require a competition license to go faster than 10.00. Best to get a rule book so you can see all the requirements before showing up at the tech line and putting your car back into the box rather than on the start line.. And remember those requirements are for your safety!!!!!!!!

Next are those Cragars. If you inspect how the aluminum spokes are attached to the steel bell you will see a very small piece of steel that is cast into each spoke and then welded to the bell. Not alot holding the center to the bell, specially when your talking big tire , big motor and bite. A very minimum procedure would be to drill and tap each spoke to accept grade 8, 1/2" bolts from the bell to each spoke. My 12" Keystone Klassics are done this way.

Front ends on these cars are sketchy at best when your talking bumpsteer, if it has not been corrected. They can have up to an 1" of bumpsteer due to the K member being dropped 1/2". Very scarey at speed, specially when your at the top end of the track with the front suspension extended, then you hit the brakes and the suspension goes to compression. My LO23 had 15/16" of bumpsteer before I corrected it. Make sure you have an alignment done and it is checked for bumpsteer from full extension to full compression. If the front end guy looks at you funny, find another front end guy that knows more than what the screen is telling him to do.

As far as the front brakes go.You will be at speeds where you don't want to rely of 50 year old parts. Do yourself a favor and put on some aftermarket stuff like Wilwood or equivalent.
As far as getting rotors for your original stuff, I believe 68 SCJ Mustangs use the same Rotors. They sure look like it. Check it out and let me know. but, as far as braking goes I would shelf your OEM stuff.

I will see if I can post some pics of my updated front end stuff later

liteweight

Thanks a bunch- that's some helpful stuff! I copied and pasted it and sent it to my builder.
LO23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #4754
Frito

Liked 116 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitime View Post
Max Hurley kept Eddie Smiths paint just changing the name at first , the thin doors off the dart were passed on with the demon years ago ,ended back up with the dart .
Yep, I have a pic of it still in the bronze/gold running as a Pro Stocker. Still had the "little man" on the front fender
Old 07-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #4755
hemitime

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Just read that Max Hurley passed away , talked to him several times over the years ,, RIP .
hemitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #4756
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitime View Post
Just read that Max Hurley passed away , talked to him several times over the years ,, RIP .
We are losing all these great people who carved their names into the history books in that generation. These guys were the best of door slammers of days gone by.
RIP Max Hurley

liteweight
Old 07-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #4757
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 PM   #4758
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Trying to get some pics posted that are full size rather thattachments. Not working so good yet. Gotta fiqure this lack of available photobucket thing out.
Simple. Select an image hosting source. There are many. You can either upload anonymously or create an account so you can upload your photos once and not to have to do it again in case you want to re-post a photo. Your choice.

I use this site:

https://imgbb.com/

It's a basic, no frills, image hosting site which I like. Just click on the START UPLOADING button and select the photo(s) you want to upload.

Once you've done that, the page will change and you'll see a thumbnail of the photo(s) you've chosen. If all is correct, then click on the green Upload button.

Page will change again. Then just click on the thumbnail(s) that come up after files were uploaded to see full-size photo on new web page.

Right click on the photo, then select Copy Image Location from menu and paste that URL after clicking on the Insert Image icon .

It's a lot simpler and faster than it was for me to type this up.

Have fun.

Pete

Last edited by mopar68; 07-23-2017 at 09:36 PM.
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:57 PM   #4759
Liteweight
VIP Member

Thanks for that Pete. I know xactly what you mean. Typing is pure,plain and simple a PITA. I know that took you some good quality Mopar time. Appreciate it.

liteweight
Old 07-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #4760
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks for that Pete. I know xactly what you mean. Typing is pure,plain and simple a PITA. I know that took you some good quality Mopar time. Appreciate it.

liteweight
Anytime, my friend.

Pete