HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
Bob Vogel

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody beat cancer?

I had it 2009, beat it made me a better person. I look at life different treasure more moments - don't take life for granted.

Last edited by Bob Vogel; 07-21-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Bob Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #12
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,776 Times in 569 Posts

Kidney Cancer (12 Hr. Surgery), Colon Cancer, Melanoma (Cost me a piece of my arm). All now over 5 years ago and all in complete remission!
Currently worrying about Prostate Cancer.

Early detection is a key!

So also is the power of a lot of prayers!

God is the great physician who holds us all in his loving arms.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #13
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bernay View Post
My best friend just best Stage 4 throat cancer, it can happen. With all due respect does this belong here
I believe it does. Some of us get so wrapped up in our jobs and racing that we forget about our health, until it's too late ...When you finally realize that you are not YOUNG anymore it's a good idea to visit the doctor and schedule that blood test. At age 50 it's Colonoscopy time unless you are TOO MACHO to allow the doc to place that scope up your rear....I know legendary football coach Vince Lombardi wouldn't allow it so he checked out early. Always out of breath and tire easily, you might want to share that with the doctor on your next visit.....All our race cars require maintenance from time to time,....Well, so do we.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

"Whoever said winning doesn't matter, never had to fight cancer"

A good motto to live by, we do. My wife is on her 3rd session with cancer that started in 2003 with breast cancer, beat it. In late 2006 or early 2007 she developed issues with her back (cancer again), beat it. In 2013? she again had to start dealing with that dreaded cancer demon. This time it is in her bones, and the doctors are doing the best to control it so she can have as good a life as possible.

Her prognosis is good as possible, but we all know it will claim her at some point. We live life one day at a time and enjoy everything so much more now.

If you guys and gals remember I did a thread in late 2015 Carguy 49's Road Trip. We have taken a few smaller trips since then, but she doesn't travel as well as she used to.

Our 20th Anniversary is July 27th and her 65th Birthday is Sept. 9th. Out next 2 goals. Yes, we have more after that. A good friend's daughter is getting married next summer, also on the list.

I get to the races as much as I can to visit with friends and the support from them is outstanding. Keep my wife in your prayers and God Bless ALL of you.

P.S. To answer the thread question - - YES, People beat cancer all the time, NEVER give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Carguy49; 07-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #15
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My wife was diagnosed at the early age of 31 and is now 11 years clear (Breast) stay positive and surround yourself with a good support team and don't give up no matter how tough it gets. Good Luck to you and your family.
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #16
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,048 Times in 762 Posts

My Pancreas, Spleen and Gall Bladder where all removed five years ago and my life has drastically changed but I still have a life.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #17
Chevy55

Liked 166 Times in 82 Posts

I was treated for prostate cancer in 2015 that the VA recognizes as an Agent Orange related disease. Everything been good so far, doctors were great but the toughest part is deciding on your treatment. I had a few choices and there's pros and cons no matter which way you go.
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #18
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

I had a stage 3B prostate cancer diagnosis in 2009 came up during my NHRA license physical---Very aggressive cancer from the time of my diagnosis until my prostatectomy 3 weeks later by the DaVinci method it had almost become a 4A cancer--ALL CLEAR now go to the Dr.for PSA test every 90 days fortunately it has not come back they seem to have gotten it all___ Hallaluela ---it all depends on the Doctor you have how knowledgeable he is in treating your form of cancer the experience he has in treating your cancer and the treatment center you go to as well as the form of treatment YOU choose---Do not take the easy way out this is serious stuff you are dealing with here--Don't take the easy way out either--- YOU make the wrong decision YOU CAN END UP DEAD !!!! Listen to everything they say about your case and the treatment options, you don't like what they say go find another Doctor get his opinion---Remember he is going to go home and have dinner with his wife and kids regardless what you decide so make the best decision you can hopefully it will be the right one---you want to talk to me about it PM me I'll be happy to tell you everything about my case--- FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #19
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

Gary,

A lot of people get cancer and a lot of people beat it and you are going to be one of them!

Wishing a good attitude and good luck!

Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #20
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
I had a stage 3B prostate cancer diagnosis in 2009 came up during my NHRA license physical---Very aggressive cancer from the time of my diagnosis until my prostatectomy 3 weeks later by the DaVinci method it had almost become a 4A cancer--ALL CLEAR now go to the Dr.for PSA test every 90 days fortunately it has not come back they seem to have gotten it all___ Hallaluela ---it all depends on the Doctor you have how knowledgeable he is in treating your form of cancer the experience he has in treating your cancer and the treatment center you go to as well as the form of treatment YOU choose---Do not take the easy way out this is serious stuff you are dealing with here--Don't take the easy way out either--- YOU make the wrong decision YOU CAN END UP DEAD !!!! Listen to everything they say about your case and the treatment options, you don't like what they say go find another Doctor get his opinion---Remember he is going to go home and have dinner with his wife and kids regardless what you decide so make the best decision you can hopefully it will be the right one---you want to talk to me about it PM me I'll be happy to tell you everything about my case--- FED 387
Ditto all the way. My diagnosis was last Winter and surgery about a year ago. Just started the follow-up hormone therapy in preparation for a seven week shot of radiation treatments in late August. My behavior has been a bit strange with the hormone treatments, but my PSA remains below 0.05.

D6 guys: If I show up with my Stronger than Cancer or radioactive themed t-shirt, now you know what's up.

Last edited by FireSale; 07-18-2017 at 11:18 AM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote