HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
tafc10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What Head Gasket

Hey Guys

Geoff in Sydney here, our SB Chev Dragster has lifted a head gasket twice now in about 50 passes and it's become a pain in the arse.

400 + 030, flat tops, small roller, 23 Deg Iron Darts, 850 DP runs on EX02 Sunoco, 36 deg total timing, sees 7600 in the lights, weighs 1505 with driver, runs 8.11 @ 159 mph.

We got it hot (runs coolant) about 50 runs ago and it pushed up the head gasket where the steam holes are allowing cylinder pressure into the water passages and spewed all the water out, now we have had it happen again.

We run Felpro #1004 gaskets and because I haven't played with a SB since the 90's I can't remember if we can put a set of #1003's on it which DO NOT have the holes for the 400 steam holes, the reasoning is the Heads don't have any holes so why should I run #1004's?

If anyone has any helpful info that would be great, as always this place and the people on it ROCK.

Thanks again guys.

Geoff in Sydney Australia
tafc10 is offline   Reply With Quote