Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #51
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Mopar 273-4bbl Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
The LD4B Edelbrock intake was approved as a replacement for the 273 due to the fact it was available with a Chrysler part number. The same rationale used on the 440 Chrysler 6-Pack engine with the Edelbrock intake. The 6-Pack intake was available in both aluminum and cast iron.
And using that rationale, the 283s and 327s should have the Z-28 intake and the AMCs should have all of the group 19 stuff back.
Come on out and race the new and improved Stock Eliminator! The same as ET-2 only more expensive and with a lower purse!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #52
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
And using that rationale, the 283s and 327s should have the Z-28 intake and the AMCs should have all of the group 19 stuff back.
Come on out and race the new and improved Stock Eliminator! The same as ET-2 only more expensive and with a lower purse!
There are already 283 engines running the approved 327 intake.
The AMC Group 19 intake and carburetor was removed because of your diligence with NHRA. You should have probably done the same with all the other bogus that has been running out there for many years.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #53
65signet

Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
what size headers are you using?
1 5/8, to a 2 1/2 collector, i going to install a different collector next year.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #54
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
There are already 283 engines running the approved 327 intake.

You should have probably done the same with all the other bogus that has been running out there for many years.
I agree, the 283 should NOT have a 327 intake on it. BUT, at least it's an iron dual-plane intake replacing another iron dual-plane intake not an aluminum high-rise dual-plane replacing an iron low-rise (at best!) single-plane intake.

I absolutely wish that I could. I won't live long enough! Wouldn't it be nice if NHRA set aside a date like January 1 2018 and "reset" all of the f**kups.

Care to start a separate thread pointing them all out?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #55
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

Billy,
Please do, you're the man for the job.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #56
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
The LD4B Edelbrock intake was approved as a replacement for the 273 due to the fact it was available with a Chrysler part number. The same rationale used on the 440 Chrysler 6-Pack engine with the Edelbrock intake. The 6-Pack intake was available in both aluminum and cast iron.

the amc r4b had the amc part number as well,, am 4485729,,
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #57
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,624 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
I agree, the 283 should NOT have a 327 intake on it. BUT, at least it's an iron dual-plane intake replacing another iron dual-plane intake not an aluminum high-rise dual-plane replacing an iron low-rise (at best!) single-plane intake.

I absolutely wish that I could. I won't live long enough! Wouldn't it be nice if NHRA set aside a date like January 1 2018 and "reset" all of the f**kups.

Awesome idea billy, starting Jan 1 let's get all the bogus welfare off the cars and back home on the shelves where they belong.The cowl hood on 69 camaros.Looks as though NHRA took the initiative to correct this one, I just wonder why they stopped with the chevys and didn't correct the chryslers.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #58
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Awesome idea billy, starting Jan 1 let's get all the bogus welfare off the cars and back home on the shelves where they belong.The cowl hood on 69 camaros.Looks as though NHRA took the initiative to correct this one, I just wonder why they stopped with the chevys and didn't correct the chryslers.
What hoods on Chrysler? Or correct what?
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #59
Paul Precht

Liked 224 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I'm just guessing but I think maybe the Camaro racers took it upon themselves to start using that hood and the Chrysler racers have the factory's books to back them.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #60
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:

You would have to set the date a lot further out than that. The issues that would have to be resolved span generations and multiple layers of egos and facts. The first issue is who makes the final decision? (No offense, Billy, but I'm not sure I would want you to be that person. You have a GM mind.) At this point, most of the errors and falsehoods have been absorbed into the system and adjusted for so that racing is reasonably stable. But, I'm still waiting for someone to build a 1970 Monte Carlo convertible.

As a well-known NHRA tech personality once told me, "If it is in the NHRA books it is legal whether it is right or not."