HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #11
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts
Default Re: Censorship..Concern for all here.

Mark,
What is the price you pay for using Google? Oh wait Google email is free. All of that said I almost never use my Google email account and have no filters setup for my other email accounts in my email program (ThunderBird).

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #12
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Mark,
What is the price you pay for using Google? Oh wait Google email is free. All of that said I almost never use my Google email account and have no filters setup for my other email accounts in my email program (ThunderBird).

Stan
Okay..good point. Suggest an alternative...I don't have cable. I travel all summer, and satellite is off budget
Old 11-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #13
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

I'm surprised as anyone that you're not rich by now, Mark!

But I digress - I think the point that Stan was trying to make, and the website I shared to help you (You're welcome!) is that you can adjust the "spam" settings so you can receive these e-mails where you want them - IN YOUR IN-BOX.

Let's suppose, just for arguments sake, that you're not a personal friend of Donald J. Trump (and if you are, my apologies). Do you have any idea how many other people were sent those "fund raising" messages? Hundreds, maybe tens of thousands, of people on e-mail lists maintained by the campaign or a PAC or the RNC. Most of the time those kind of "blasts" or "bulk" e-mails end up in your "Spam" folder, by design, because most folks don't want to be bothered by scams or get rich quick schemes. Remember all those e-mails you got from that guy in the Caribbean asking you for you banking information so he could send you the money that he was trying to smuggle out of Panama? Of course you don't, they wound up in your SPAM FOLDER, just like they should have! You should also clean-up the folder when it gets that full, Mark!

You can also adjust the parameters of G-mail to always flag messages with "TRUMP" in the "From" or "Subject Line" and then they'll all wind up in your In-Box, just like you want them to. You can also save the e-mail addresses of Eric or Lara or DJTJ to your contacts list, although that isn't perfect because there is no telling how many different people are sending out these blasts.

G-mail works OK, you just need to "tweak it"!

Anyway, best of luck and remember "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone ISN'T out to get you"!

Lew Silverman
Proudly 1%!
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #14
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Mark,
Since you are using GMail you should be checking your Spam folder regularly. I don't know how many times I have had to have people check their Spam folder to find a missing email.

As Lew said get your filters adjusted (this may not be a time deal) and clean out the spam folder regularly.

I am old school and still use NEWS GROUPS About 4 years ago they became unusable until I filtered out everything about both Trump and Hillary.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:36 PM   #15
r429469

Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts

r429469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #16
Paul Sarvas

Liked 172 Times in 100 Posts

Mark,

These guys gave ya good advice, honest. You can configure your gmail folders do all sorts of tricks.
I'm thinkin for you tho just tweak your spam folder to send Trump stuff to your inbox. You should probably peek at your spam folder once in a while just to make sure you're not missing something that should have gone to your inbox.

I don't use the Face or Twitter so I dunno about them.

pS

Last edited by Paul Sarvas; 11-26-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: .
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #17
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
Mark,

These guys gave ya good advice, honest. You can configure your gmail folders do all sorts of tricks.
I'm thinkin for you tho just tweak your spam folder to send Trump stuff to your inbox. You should probably peak at your spam folder once in a while just to make sure you're not missing something that should have gone to your inbox.

I don't use the Face or Twitter so I dunno about them.

pS
Okay ,some good advice, for the most part...About Ariel..I'm not on THAT site, honest..Never heard of that one.

Turns out , my setting is to delete SPAM after 30 days.
Unless I'm missing something, I never look there.
I get plenty of solicitations through the front door from DT and company. I don't know why these are special .
I will take a look more often.
"Trust but verify "
Thanks
Old 11-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #18
Paul Sarvas

Liked 172 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Okay ,some good advice, for the most part...About Ariel..I'm not on THAT site, honest..Never heard of that one.

Turns out , my setting is to delete SPAM after 30 days.
Unless I'm missing something, I never look there.
I get plenty of solicitations through the front door from DT and company. I don't know why these are special .
I will take a look more often.
"Trust but verify "
Thanks
I was kidding about the dating thingy, those popup from who knows where. When I used yahoo mail I would get a bunch a day. Next time if DT stuff goes to spam, try and look where it came from or the email addy. It might show a clue as to why it went to spam. Like the other guys said email gets red flagged for lotsa reasons.

pS