HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #31
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

I love a lot of southern music, Skynyrd's Red, White&Blue has 3 videos for the song, the best one has lots of military action and home coming stuff that really makes you think,and Alabama.s Christmas in Dixie reminds me a lot of where I consider home, rural Florida. Yes it can snow in Florida Christmas Eve, Bradenton in1989, and I have pictures. John Kissel
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:56 PM   #32
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsa612 View Post
Here's M R's cover of a Doors classic from 1980.Gotta love the Album Cover!...gsa612
Jim Morrison got kicked off a commercial flight in Phoenix....he was drunk, stoned or whatever. My neighbor, at the time, worked at the Phoenix police headquarters and has the original booking photo of him. He was messed up.....but the height of his career.

I may have put this is a wrong spot....thought you typed "Doors" as in Jim Morrison.

Last edited by SStockDart; 06-12-2020 at 10:59 PM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #33
gsa612

Liked 280 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Jim Morrison got kicked off a commercial flight in Phoenix....he was drunk, stoned or whatever. My neighbor, at the time, worked at the Phoenix police headquarters and has the original booking photo of him. He was messed up.....but the height of his career.

I may have put this is a wrong spot....thought you typed "Doors" as in Jim Morrison.
Your ok,Roadhouse Blues was originally done by the Doors (Jim Morrison) in 1970.If you look at Morrison,Hendrix,Janis Joplin they all died (OD'd) within a year.They all were at the height of their career and made bad choices.All had so much more to give,sad...gsa612
gsa612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:36 PM   #34
SStockDart
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsa612 View Post
Your ok,Roadhouse Blues was originally done by the Doors (Jim Morrison) in 1970.If you look at Morrison,Hendrix,Janis Joplin they all died (OD'd) within a year.They all were at the height of their career and made bad choices.All had so much more to give,sad...gsa612
Seems like their was a magic age when they died....I maybe wrong. Seems like Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson...and others died at the same age.

I need to edit this..lt has to include "the rain, park, and other thing....by the "Cowsills"....anyone that has returned to the US after the **** shot out ya....sorry...I will settle down.⁸⁹

Last edited by SStockDart; 06-13-2020 at 01:05 AM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:40 AM   #35
SStockDart
VIP Member

Favorite group is relatives to the age you grew up...me....beach boys...anything that would keep my head on my shoulders....f.ck the rest of ya. I made it, minus a spleen.
Sure. I'm pissed when azz holes in Seattle disrespect us.
Sorry. I may die tomorrow, but no one will miss interpret where my allegiance is.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #36
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Favorite group is relatives to the age you grew up...me....beach boys...anything that would keep my head on my shoulders....f.ck the rest of ya. I made it, minus a spleen.
Sure. I'm pissed when azz holes in Seattle disrespect us.
Sorry. I may die tomorrow, but no one will miss interpret where my allegiance is.
Its been a while since you and I talked Gary !. Gary and I used to have some lengthy discussions years ago on Union verses management. He was a executive for Coke a Cola ( right Gary )? and I was a Union leader for a large breakfast cereal and snack food manufacture ( UE United Electrical Radio and Machine Workers of America) ..Not arguments or name calling, really good discussions. Miss you Gary....That was back before discussions like that got out of hand by some folk, and we were banned to the basement . LOL.
Back to music. Gary, back years ago I was out by you in Phoenix. While at the airport catching a flight home I was having a COKE ! at the bar in a small sandwich shop.In walks Alice Cooper. He's not wearing any make-up but looks just about the same. He has a real pretty girl with him. Everybody in the place heads are turned watching his every move as he slowly walks over to the juke box against the wall. He study's it, puts in a quarter, pushes his selection. As he's walking away a song starts to play. Problem is it is B side of Doris Day or something no one in the place has ever heard of. He looks about the room,shrugs his shoulder and tells all of us "I sure as heck didn't play that !". We all laugh and painfully listen to the rest of that song... I had to leave and never heard his second choice.
Today I'm gonna stick with my Southern Rock genre as I'm still in the mood. Allman Brothers was always a favorite of mine. They have a sound that is just plain down unique.This song is an instrumental. It was made while Brother Dwayne was still alive before he was killed on his motorcycle. Later to be put on Eat a Peach, dedicated to Dwayne. Very good tune and guitar work/drum work...

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-13-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #37
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Here's a successful Ohio band, that still exists today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Prairie_League

This track, from 1972, was produced by Mick Ronson, who played with Bowie

Now that was tasty..... I missed that one. Didn't know they were that electrical .
Old 06-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #38
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Now that was tasty..... I missed that one. Didn't know they were that electrical .

Mick actually played with PPL for about a month..Check out his version of this song on Y/T

There's another version of the band during the Vince Gill era:

Old 06-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #39
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Its been a while since you and I talked Gary !. Gary and I used to have some lengthy discussions years ago on Union verses management. He was a executive for Coke a Cola ( right Gary )? and I was a Union leader for a large breakfast cereal and snack food manufacture ( UE United Electrical Radio and Machine Workers of America) ..Not arguments or name calling, really good discussions. Miss you Gary....That was back before discussions like that got out of hand by some folk, and we were banned to the basement . LOL.
Back to music. Gary, back years ago I was out by you in Phoenix. While at the airport catching a flight home I was having a COKE ! at the bar in a small sandwich shop.In walks Alice Cooper. He's not wearing any make-up but looks just about the same. He has a real pretty girl with him. Everybody in the place heads are turned watching his every move as he slowly walks over to the juke box against the wall. He study's it, puts in a quarter, pushes his selection. As he's walking away a song starts to play. Problem is it is B side of Doris Day or something no one in the place has ever heard of. He looks about the room,shrugs his shoulder and tells all of us "I sure as heck didn't play that !". We all laugh and painfully listen to the rest of that song... I had to leave and never heard his second choice.
Today I'm gonna stick with my Southern Rock genre as I'm still in the mood. Allman Brothers was always a favorite of mine. They have a sound that is just plain down unique.This song is an instrumental. It was made while Brother Dwayne was still alive before he was killed on his motorcycle. Later to be put on Eat a Peach, dedicated to Dwayne. Very good tune and guitar work/drum work...

Speaking of "Eat a Peach", after graduating from boot camp I went home, Arizona, took 30 days leave before reporting to my first service school, Jacksonville, . I had a '63 split window Corvette, 327 sbc, 4 speed and 4.56 gears. I packed everything up and headed out, not realizing that I had left all my music at home except "Eat a Peach". I think I still remember every word and verse of that 8 track tape.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #40
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

I talked about cover songs and bands earlier ,and how I was not a big fan ..One exception would be one of the greatest...All Along the Watchtower, Hendrix.

Here's another exception..These guys really work hard at this..Tough to pull off with NJ, NY accents ;-)