Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2020, 08:24 PM   #41
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ley View Post
I have for the most part been a Traditional Country music fan. However, I am a huge fan of The Mavericks and listen to them every day.
The Mavericks are awesome. Better live!
Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #42
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #43
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Hi Eddie. 63 Corvette huh? Before I retired a couple years back, my boss had a 63 that his dad bought him as a High School graduation present. He bitched because it was white. Never liked the guy. Spoiled little brat and it showed in everything he did. It was a 327/350 with blue interior. His dad was a barber ( I didn't know they made so much money ! ) and he bought a new 65 or 66 Pontiac Catalina 421 tri power convertible 4 speed. Light yellow with a white top and interior. They still have both these cars. Both are completely original and unrestored.
Mark, Chrissie Hynde's Pretenders lived in Ohio. At least she did. Akron Canton area. Remember this song ? In this song, she talks of Seneca lake. When we were kids our parents would take us up there. That place had big snakes ! LOL
BTW, this CD "Live in LA" is a awesome 5.1 record concert and sounds killer on a good system. I play the heck out of it here at the house ....

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-15-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #44
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Hi Eddie. 63 Corvette huh? Before I retired a couple years back, my boss had a 63 that his dad bought him as a High School graduation present. He bitched because it was white. Never liked the guy. Spoiled little brat and it showed in everything he did. It was a 327/350 with blue interior. His dad was a barber ( I didn't know they made so much money ! ) and he bought a new 65 or 66 Pontiac Catalina 421 tri power convertible 4 speed. Light yellow with a white top and interior. They still have both these cars. Both are completely original and unrestored.
Mark, Chrissie Hynde's Pretenders lived in Ohio. At least she did. Akron Canton area. Remember this song ?
BTW, this CD "Live in LA" is a awesome 5.1 record concert and sounds killer on a good system. I play the heck out of it here at the house ....

Wish I could say the same, my Dad always told me that I could have anything that I wanted if I worked for it. I was delivering parts for NAPA and I went by a body shop in Lake Havasu. The owner had the Vette and told me it was abandoned and he wanted his parts and labor for repair on the space between the lights and the hood. The car had no engine, transmission or title. I gave him $900 for it. I used the car for my project in college (Industrial Ed. Major). Within two years I completed it, applied for an abandon title (AZ). Pulled the built sheet from above the gas tank and found it had been a fuel injected model. From past experience, I went with a 780 Holly. Had it repainted a GM Midnight Blue, it was a clean car. But it caused me more heartburn then I needed, I used to get stopped at the front gate of Camp Lejeune for drugs, a PFC with a Vette, you got to be selling drugs. So they would run the dogs through the car on a regular basis. I got orders to State Department and sold it to a gal from Anderson, IN.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:18 AM   #45
Eddies66
VIP Member

Old 06-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #46
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Mark, Chrissie Hynde's Pretenders lived in Ohio. At least she did. Akron Canton area. Remember this song ? In this song, she talks of Seneca lake. When we were kids our parents would take us up there. That place had big snakes ! LOL

Jeff, Loved the song, even before Rush L used it for his intro... I believe it was the flip side to Back on the Chain Gang ..It was there on lots of juke boxes in the 80's.
Chrissy came to an agreement to let Rush use it. She recently said that her dad was an avid listener, so that was part of the reason she allowed it.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #47
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

My City Was Gone had an uncharacteristically long outro for a 45 , even as a flip side, @1:27, but this one is a bit longer, and an A side..

Old 06-15-2020, 09:40 PM   #48
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:

This song has meaning to me, as when I grew up here, it was just a "bump in the road", now a lot of fancy houses where there were farms, and people from other places that brought their troubles and problems with them. Sad to me. John Kissel
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #49
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked
Old 06-16-2020, 12:14 AM   #50
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

You guys are making this easy to pick my daily video

From the 1977 album , I Robot ...Vocal by Allan Clarke ( of The Hollies)

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 06-16-2020 at 12:47 AM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote