HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2021, 09:24 PM   #11

Liked 535 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Limiters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Don't think for one minute that they can't!
Billy, You have been complaining about this for a long time. If you think it can be done show us how to do it. I really want to know how it’s being done! Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA

Last edited by 4543; 12-30-2021 at 09:34 PM.
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #12
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Why wouldn't they just plug the desired ET into their Grid and/or data recorder?
I use a grid, you can look at my data if you'd like at any time. But nowhere that I have seen can you plug an ET in anywhere. There's a G-Meter that works with a grid, or basically a driveshaft sensor, that you can run which I'm 100% against and should be illegal on every car in the staging lanes in Stock and Super Stock. Those can easily be policed in the lanes or at fuel check or any damn place.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:41 PM   #13
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozQB14 View Post
I use a grid, you can look at my data if you'd like at any time. But nowhere that I have seen can you plug an ET in anywhere. There's a G-Meter that works with a grid, or basically a driveshaft sensor, that you can run which I'm 100% against and should be illegal on every car in the staging lanes in Stock and Super Stock. Those can easily be policed in the lanes or at fuel check or any damn place.
You are correct; you cannot input ET's into an MSD Grid.

The only device you can input the ET is a crossover box that works similar to a delay box. It allows you to react off your opponent's side of the tree only when you are the quicker car. You enter your dial in and the opponents dial in into the delay box and it automatically calculates the difference.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:58 PM   #14
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
You are correct; you cannot input ET's into an MSD Grid.

The only device you can input the ET is a crossover box that works similar to a delay box. It allows you to react off your opponent's side of the tree only when you are the quicker car. You enter your dial in and the opponents dial in into the delay box and it automatically calculates the difference.
Right. It's safe to say the majority of us here understand the workings of delay boxes. I was more or less referencing that the grid doesn't do all the magic that people think it does. Maybe if it's paired with a race pack so you can mess with fuel curves on a carb engine. But then again, the EFI combos all have that capability and a million other options that I'm slowly learning about.

This probably isn't the thread for this opinion but oh well. Who cares about reatrictor plates or timing curves. You can drop at 900' feet for all I care. Lonnie, if you're reading any of these posts...take a closer look at the cars that are purposely built illegaly. Stick a magnet to a fender or wheel tub. See if it sticks. Look under the cars for wires and electronics that don't belong. Bring some integrity back to these classes.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:12 AM   #15
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

Throttle limiters?? Hell! I'm looking at throttle openers!! LMAO!!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:22 AM   #16
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

you guys need to watch big dollar bracket races final rounds on motormania tv. footbrake cars puting .010 packages together. it is about cutting a light and finish line racing. my friend who wins a lot puts over 200 runs on his car a year. 4 day race will be 30 runs sometimes when winning.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:22 AM   #17
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Why wouldn't they just plug the desired ET into their Grid and/or data recorder?
You are missing the point of this thread. This ties directly to the AHFS.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:42 AM   #18
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Many years ago, NHRA was looking at the wiring of the Idle Stop on Quadrajet carburetors. It appears some racers found a way to use it as a throttle limiter by using a toggle switch.
As I stated earlier, racers are creative and there are many ways to skin a cat. (Sorry Cat Lovers... )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle Stop.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	61616  
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:43 AM   #19
gumple

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
You are missing the point of this thread. This ties directly to the AHFS.
Most of us understand that you are on a mission to un-ring the bell on the changes to the AHFS. The point you are missing is that the AHFS is of no concern to more than 80% of the racers because they never will trip the review triggers. And most of us understand that you are simply trying to recruit us to do your bidding to enhance your racing program. NHRA understands that as well. I'm sure they have read your posts about admonishing fellow Camaros racers for going too fast. You brought this on yourself. The changes will likely stay in place to the AHFS - which, by the way, is the same AHFS as we have raced under for 20 years. Stop whining and race your cars.
gumple is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #20
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumple View Post
Most of us understand that you are on a mission to un-ring the bell on the changes to the AHFS. The point you are missing is that the AHFS is of no concern to more than 80% of the racers because they never will trip the review triggers. And most of us understand that you are simply trying to recruit us to do your bidding to enhance your racing program. NHRA understands that as well. I'm sure they have read your posts about admonishing fellow Camaros racers for going too fast. You brought this on yourself. The changes will likely stay in place to the AHFS - which, by the way, is the same AHFS as we have raced under for 20 years. Stop whining and race your cars.
LOL!!