HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #21
Doug Blackley

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: IHRA Just Sold

It should be better than how Feld ran it with racers/enthusiasts now at the helm. Good luck to them as they move forward this season
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,900 Times in 644 Posts

I'm sorry but I disagree with half of the stuff I'm hearing up here. I think the Feldinc guys were doing as good as they could to try to attract the sportsman racers although they were a little misguided at times, they just couldn't get the support. They run a high dollar sportsman event because everyone wanted more money, nobody came! They ventured out west and ran a circus show to pay for it and put people in the seats to give sportsman racers out west an opportunity, nobody showed up! They gave people the opportunity to win one race and qualify for a world championship, nobody showed up! I think they sincerely tried to lure some NHRA guys over with suggestions they had received from these very same people but still couldn't get the racers to support it. I do agree with what was said about getting the pro mods or pro stockers back and what Mr Hill was talking about the scales, heads up and fuel check etc.
My only question is this, will you guys come out and support them now and help build it into a possible alternative to NHRA or will you sit back and wait for them to change it to exactly your likening before you support them. I hope you will choose to support them because without that there will not be much of a future for these guys either.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #23
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Those who aren't IHRA regulars may get some false impressions from this thread. IHRA weighs S/SS and have heads-up at all events except the TOC itself.

If the scales broke at an event, you could not have heads-up runs for obvious reasons, and it is also obviously a special circumstance, NOT standard operating procedure.

There was only ever a re-entry program at the Sportsman Spectacular races, which are now gone.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #24
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

I watched what they did for PBIR after taking over from Sue Moroso. Dezer and Lubeck are car guys with deep pockets, and not afraid to spend money....LOTS of money. Everyone remembers how that place became the laughing stock of facilities, and the new team turned it around. Also, these guys are racer friendly, not just a group of business people. Hoping it's not wishful thinking, but after years being privy-ed of information at that facility, this IS the perfect arsenal of people and cash capable of delivering NHRA a blow of earthquake proportions. Last year I was informed NHRA has a "weak financial pulse" and wouldn't take much to topple them over in a heavy litigation war as they no longer have lucrative growth prospects. I'll guarantee Tom Compton was not prepared for this. With Bruton Smith waiting in the weeds, knowing the hands on reputation Ritenberry possesses, then add in other "strategic" people who've been maneuvering the last couple years, this could get interesting quick. FYI I read where Ritenberry mentions adding PBIR back to the NitroJam schedule, most likely next year. My fingers are crossed this is the much needed shakeup for the sport.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #25
chevy620
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. With some careful planning and support from racers who are always complaining about the NHRA "enhancements"..it might be time to "put up or shut up".

The next few weeks will be interesting as their plans are announced.

I hope they make the moves to grab the Sportsman racers.

Jok
chevy620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary smith View Post
i watched what they did for pbir after taking over from sue moroso. Dezer and lubeck are car guys with deep pockets, and not afraid to spend money....lots of money. Everyone remembers how that place became the laughing stock of facilities, and the new team turned it around. Also, these guys are racer friendly, not just a group of business people. Hoping it's not wishful thinking, but after years being privy-ed of information at that facility, this is the perfect arsenal of people and cash capable of delivering nhra a blow of earthquake proportions. Last year i was informed nhra has a "weak financial pulse" and wouldn't take much to topple them over in a heavy litigation war as they no longer have lucrative growth prospects. I'll guarantee tom compton was not prepared for this. With bruton smith waiting in the weeds, knowing the hands on reputation ritenberry possesses, then add in other "strategic" people who've been maneuvering the last couple years, this could get interesting quick. Fyi i read where ritenberry mentions adding pbir back to the nitrojam schedule, most likely next year. My fingers are crossed this is the much needed shakeup for the sport. :d
x2!!!!
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
Run to Rund

Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts

In the southwest, strips are few and far between, especially with the problems at Phoenix and in California. Vegas is big into the Nationals and NASCAR, and the other events get what is left over as an afterthought. I'd like to see IHRA get involved somehow.
Run to Rund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #28
Mike Keener

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts

Larry...You are right! It would be a blast to run with the old rules again, and yes-we would definitely race!

Dana...Thanks for the kind words and if Team Checkmate is to blame for your addition we are proud to have been the reason!

Jimmy C...How are ya man!!? Merc is doing great! Still plugging away, and we are currently working on aluminum and iron headed versions of the 396/375.

Dick...The original weight break was 8.25 pounds per NHRA HP rating. If the class were revived I think the fair thing to do is level the HP ratings where there are different ratings for the same engine,

For example In cases like the 396/375 there are various HP ratings depending on the class, cylinder head, transmission choice, etc. My thought would be to add all the ratings together and divide them so you would only have one rating for Top Stock. In this case there would only be one rating for all aluminum headed engines, and one for iron heads.

Regardless I wish the best to the new owners of IHRA as well as all of the support staff!

MK
Mike Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #29
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,652 Times in 505 Posts

This group has done a great job with the facilities at PBIR. The potential problem is the do not have a nitro jam or pro am at their track. I don't think Feld pulled the plug on their events. I think the management dropped these events due to lack of support. I could see the potential for ths group to go in a different direction due to the lack of support from the existing sportsman classes. I would not be suprisef to see them go in a direction like ADRL and drop the existing class structure with the exception of top sportsman and dragsters. The program at their track in south fla is a bracket race facility with a few other big money non class events like the 5 day bracket deal. Let's hope they want the stock, Super Stock and HR,SR and QR in the future of their program.
Just an observation on my part as I have run most every class event run ther since the remodel of the facility.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Maybe they will bring back modified. Come on, someone had to say it.