HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
tex22

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sliding through the lights trying to stage

Really don't know JL personally. But I don't think anything happened at the Vegas divisional. I know Austin Williams and he's not the type to take a dive, he's too competitive. Also I was told Romero had his console in pieces after the loss trying to figure out what went wrong. However the whole Lambeck race with Justin I'm a little curious about. I'll just keep my mouth shut on that, but it's no secret racers have bought and tried to buy rounds in the past. Hopefully it's not the case with Lamb.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
cs racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I wasn't going to coment on this and will not coment on things i have no knowledge, ie; (other racers driving ability or motives), however I will coment on the Race between Larry Gilley and Justin Lamb ! for those of you who are racers, not bench racers understand and appreciate how much work and planning goes into class racing. We try our best to avoid heads up during eliminations for several reasons. You spend hours, time and money to get your car dialed in, then you have to change everything for the heads up, then try and go back to bracket mode. Not something most of us wnat to do. This was the case at LV race.Then things happen, a car gets DG'd and everytning changes on the ladder, Such as a possible heads up in the 3'rd round for Gilley. For those of you that came by our Pit area, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning if was pretty obvious we were preparing the Car in case we had to run Lamb heads up in the 3rd. round. Converter change Saturday afternoon, 40 lbs of ice on everything we could put it on, jet changes, chiller going, we worked on the Car to give it all we had !!!!! setting aside and not even thinking or concerning ourselves with who or what the out come would be for Lamb all we wanted was to win that Round !!! If you were standing at the starting line, which I was because I lined Gilley up then either you are blind, have no knowledge of stagging a Car, or you're just to Jealous or ignorant to know what happens when the 2 step does not attivate !! But just in case it ever happens when you're racing to the car next to you, Don't take that win, ask NHRA to rerun the race !!!!
Again don't know Justin Lamb, Don't know Drew Skillman, can't speak about any other races Lamb has had, but I do know without a doubt we gave it our all and lost on the starting line, no one was more upset than Gilley on the out come of that round ! not becuase of a "Championship" but because we lost that round ! Gilley was in a no win situration, if he would have had a bad light, gone red, been out run, had car problems, all of you would still be acuusing him of taking a Dive, no wonder NHRA complains and dislikes Stock and Super Stock racers ! BTW for those of you that have the balls to call Gilley a cheater, or accuse him of taking a dive maybe you should talk to him at Pomona, might want to order some false teeth in advance ! Lol... just kidding, or just take your ball and go Home !!
cs racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Peter Ash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All the negatives in this thread makes class racing look classless and ugly!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ash View Post
This is mild compared to yellowbullet
Old 11-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
Those are mature, classy people over there.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
bigshow2966

Liked 82 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Sliding through the lights trying to stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
But on Yellowbullet it is expected.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Sam The Butcher

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

NORWALK, Ohio - Results of round 4 eliminations in Stock Eliminator at the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, North Central Division, Mickey Mart Rewards Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser:

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
32 Andrew Hill 3540 Charley Downing
E4 -0.011 11.231 98.89 ****WINNER**** 0.004 11.232 106.35
D/SA Dial: 10.82 (+/-): 0.411 G/S Dial: 11.07 (+/-): 0.162
Prior rounds:
E3 (J Shipp ) 0.003 10.808 -0.032 (E Wallace ) 0.035 11.064 0.004
E2 (M Kubiak ) 0.003 10.981 0.181 (T Fletcher ) 0.034 11.034 -0.016
E1 (B Fowkes ) 0.034 10.857 0.027 (G Antrobius ) 0.204 11.543 0.513
Qualified: #23 10.691 -0.859 #7 10.934 -0.966
Sam The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ash View Post
...and it is usually the same cast of characters making accusations and whining on this forum!
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
Sanderson7063

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs racing View Post
I wasn't going to coment on this and will not coment on things i have no knowledge, ie; (other racers driving ability or motives), however I will coment on the Race between Larry Gilley and Justin Lamb ! for those of you who are racers, not bench racers understand and appreciate how much work and planning goes into class racing. We try our best to avoid heads up during eliminations for several reasons. You spend hours, time and money to get your car dialed in, then you have to change everything for the heads up, then try and go back to bracket mode. Not something most of us wnat to do. This was the case at LV race.Then things happen, a car gets DG'd and everytning changes on the ladder, Such as a possible heads up in the 3'rd round for Gilley. For those of you that came by our Pit area, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning if was pretty obvious we were preparing the Car in case we had to run Lamb heads up in the 3rd. round. Converter change Saturday afternoon, 40 lbs of ice on everything we could put it on, jet changes, chiller going, we worked on the Car to give it all we had !!!!! setting aside and not even thinking or concerning ourselves with who or what the out come would be for Lamb all we wanted was to win that Round !!! If you were standing at the starting line, which I was because I lined Gilley up then either you are blind, have no knowledge of stagging a Car, or you're just to Jealous or ignorant to know what happens when the 2 step does not attivate !! But just in case it ever happens when you're racing to the car next to you, Don't take that win, ask NHRA to rerun the race !!!!
Again don't know Justin Lamb, Don't know Drew Skillman, can't speak about any other races Lamb has had, but I do know without a doubt we gave it our all and lost on the starting line, no one was more upset than Gilley on the out come of that round ! not becuase of a "Championship" but because we lost that round ! Gilley was in a no win situration, if he would have had a bad light, gone red, been out run, had car problems, all of you would still be acuusing him of taking a Dive, no wonder NHRA complains and dislikes Stock and Super Stock racers ! BTW for those of you that have the balls to call Gilley a cheater, or accuse him of taking a dive maybe you should talk to him at Pomona, might want to order some false teeth in advance ! Lol... just kidding, or just take your ball and go Home !!
Couldn't agree with this more. We were in Gilley's pit while they were preparing for the possibility of the heads up on Saturday (which included us running into town to pick himi up some oil) and then Sunday when it was going to be a for sure thing. Gilley is a great competitor and goes into any round wanting nothing but the win light to come on.

Tear it up in Pomona this week Gilley!
Sanderson7063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,745 Times in 859 Posts

Guys, this thread is going downhill fast. Hopefully for some perspective I'd offer that the whole deal hinged on the Salt Lake Final. I've linked that thread here previously so won't repeat but that 21 point swing made all the difference (coincidentally, it had no impact on who finished 2nd vs 3rd). The manner in which that final was conducted (as commented on by DRC reporter on the scene) brought a lot of scrutiny on how the Vegas race went down. If there was an agreement at Salt Lake the run could have been done a thousand ways to minimize suspicion or the parties in question could have addressed it but for whatever reason they made the run with a "in your face" approach that was unsettling to many, myself included. It's really unfortunate (and wrong) that Gilley and Romero got caught in the back draft of Salt Lake. At the end of the season the Salt Lake final will be remembered by many as "The Run" aka "The Run" by Tony Schumacher in 2006 that beat Doug Kalitta but this run for far different reasons. So all parties can rant and rave but no matter what is said for many many racers there will always be an asterisk on this championship. I wish Lamb had won the Vegas race, it would have at least negated the Salt Lake final and it would have faded away just like so many other runs. But he didn't and this is what we're stuck with. Personally, I wish Lamb and Drew both a huge amount of success in the future. They are both great young drivers with the support of their families so I'm sure they will have many championship runs in the future.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote