Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default Musical Tastes

As requested in another thread here, I'll reply to what genre of music I listen to.

Let's do this first ..Post a video of the kind of music you listen to while in the shop, or driving to and from the races. Give us a bit of background about your choice, and whether it's changed, etc.
Let's do only one video per post, per day, and give people a chance to catch up.
Thanks

I'll go first.
Lately , I've been listening to my Pandora Americana station. (John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Old Crow Medicine Show, soundtrack from Oh Brother Where art Thou, etc.)
But, in the larger picture, this all stems from the Country Rock scene, starting in about 1968 with The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo album..The first country album by a major rock act. Then on to Poco, Acoustic Dead, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt , CSNY, Brewer and Shipley, Pure Prairie League, Jackson Browne, Manassas, Michael Nesmith's First National Band, Firefall..recently the younger Alt-Country guys such as Son Volt, with a bit of rock , and a country twinge...

Here's The Bottle Rockets, from Indy...and they sound a bit like Crazy Horse to me..

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 06-10-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote